IGNORED

Oxford United at home match thread

Jerseybean

3 minutes ago, BCFC Rich said:

Interesting reading through the comments. Think we have been the better side, need to take the chances we are making. Oxford took their chance, but other than an incredible long-range effort from Demeblele haven't really threatened that much - they have definitely had moments where they have looked like they could be dangerous, but none of those have amounted to much. 

At this point, I'm happy with the performance and would like to see us maintain it 2nd half (something we have not been good at!), The only big negative is the current score line and that will only matter at FT. 

We have been the better side no doubt but not exactly ripping up trees 

8 minutes ago, David Brent said:

Players not following the game plan. Created more opportunities but none really clear cut chances.

£10m spent on forward players and they still can’t score.

Get coached day in, day out in training, still can’t score.

The buck firmly stops with one man on this. Game plans change depending on how it goes. Unfortunately for us we don’t have someone in charge who can adapt to what is happening on the pitch.

7 minutes ago, Hazelboy said:

Tin hat on…

Going on 1-0 down is pretty harsh. 
Mehmetis finishing terrible again
Armostrongs first header is a terrible miss.

However to caveat that - if you sign a striker that doesn’t score you can’t moan at him when he continues to not score!! 

Big 45 coming up, Oxford look pretty bad at the back and Vaulks coming on can only be a good thing! 

Yes we've had chances but they have too. 

It's been a strange half. We've been decent but Oxford have caused us problems. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, eardun said:

Looks like Yu is coming on. I’d take Williams off solely because he is on a booking and the ref looks trigger happy. Move Twine to 10 and MehmetI left. 

What you mean like putting players in their preferred positions, round pegs and all that?

Controversial!

6 minutes ago, The Coach said:

Glad I’ve spent the afternoon in Bath having a few drinks by the sound of things

I was going to watch on Robins TV after Wife said she was off for a sleep. Just about to log on and a mate turned up and has saved me 10 quid.  I think I love him !!

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, The Coach said:

Glad I’ve spent the afternoon in Bath having a few drinks by the sound of things

I was going to watch on Robins TV after Wife said she was off for a sleep. Just about to log on and a mate turned up and has saved me 10 quid.  I think I love him !!

Edit: bloody internet

Edited by BigTone