IGNORED

Oxford United at home match thread

Jerseybean

We'e looked decent overall but I think you have to be honest that Oxford look pretty poor

All about results though and done a good job to dig it out of what was looking like another tough loss

• Like 2

After 30 mins I said I thought we were much the better team yet they were one nil up. With all the insistent we're bottom 3 posts. Looks like some fans wanted this game to be sword that Manning falls on. I understand the two previous games were terrible. Performance and result wise. However today we were much better. Credit to the players and Manning for pulling out this performance considering the pressured circumstances. 

• Like 6
  • Flames 2
  • Robin 1

2 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

He is still an absolute liability 

Really?

You sound disappointed we've won.

Then again, you've said the above about every single manager we've had in the last 10 years, so nobody should be surprised.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Got the three points that’s what counts. What Manning did was the bleeding obvious that fans had been asking for anyway. No genius but it saved his job in all probability.

Oxford will be bottom six before you know it yet looked like scoring every attack. Defensively we are shambolic right now.

Yu looked good, Sinclair played well and deserved his goal. Tanner decent, the rest of the back four were all over the shop.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Jimmyjimmy said:

Usual suspects going to be devastated we won today. 

Rather have 25 posts over the next few days why they were right all along. 

There’s an absolute roaster who calls himself a City historian/ has written books on the club and has literally nothing positive to say ever. If you dare take the piss out of the Gash he leaps to their defence. Utter, utter, 24-carat bell end.

• Like 1

I think a neutral and fair review is that Manning got his starting line up 100% wrong and got his subs 100% right but we won and we were overall the better team so certainly pass marks today and pretty sure we/he now knows 10 of the starting players for next week (just dont’t know the left mid-get fit Earthy soon please!) Yu what a player! 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, RED4LIFE said:

Really?

You sound disappointed we've won.

Then again, you've said the above about every single manager we've had in the last 10 years, so nobody should be surprised.

Always enjoy a win - but let’s be honest, it was pretty poor again. 

Hardly come away from that thinking we have turned a corner 

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, Bristol City mad man said:

I think a neutral and fair review is that Manning got his starting line up 100% wrong and got his subs 100% right.

I can definitely get behind this statement. 👍 

Edited by MelksRed
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Chairman Mao said:

Excellent tactical changes from Manning and some good subs. 

Putting his own errors right after initial team selection was rank!

He went in self preservation mode and put players where everyone has been saying they should be played 3 games ago

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Leveller said:

A match we dominated and deserved to win. On that evidence we’re playing a lot better football than twelve months ago. Just need to do it consistently.

This time last year we beat Plymouth 4-1 fwiw

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Always enjoy a win - but let’s be honest, it was pretty poor again. 

Hardly come away from that thinking we have turned a corner 

I felt like we were decent against a poor side but even against a poor side we still showed our defensive frailties. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MelksRed said:

Good to get the three points...

Can't help but feel be are putting a plaster on the Grand Canyon though.....

Not intended as a negative post....just how I feel.

Win yes, convincing mmmm is how I'd describe that. Oxford always looked threatening on the counter. Yu should be starting now, Tanner and Roberts very good, Bird better deeper. If only Mehmeti could finish...

Well done boys, heads didn't go down after going behind, Manning still has a lot to do and the first thing should be play players in their correct position. Lets hope he realises it at long last.  Also start Yu and keep Williams on the bench.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, redkev said:

Makes it even more baffling why he was sub and memhiti continues have no end product 

Probably just building up his fitness after injury. Sometimes players do better as impact subs rather than starters, too. Personally I hope Hirakawa starts the next game.

• Like 2