IGNORED

Twentyman Owers

bs3

I went to The Twentyman Owers evening at Bedminster Down , guest included Lee Johnson and Scott Murray.

Not sure what I was expecting but was pleasantly surprised, it was a good evening chatting about City . I think they maybe planning a few more nights so worth going along if you enjoy listening to some old stories and take on modern football.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, bs3 said:

I went to The Twentyman Owers evening at Bedminster Down , guest included Lee Johnson and Scott Murray.

Not sure what I was expecting but was pleasantly surprised, it was a good evening chatting about City . I think they maybe planning a few more nights so worth going along if you enjoy listening to some old stories and take on modern football.

Read on twitter (X) that LJ said last night that we were once close to signing Alphonso Davies and John McGinn.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

John McGinn.

McGinn was definitely scouted and of interest in that period.

At the time I thought we were after Niall McGinn who was of less ability!  It was only when John pitched up at Villa I realised I had been looking at the wrong McGinn. Doh!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Read on twitter (X) that LJ said last night that we were once close to signing Alphonso Davies and John McGinn.

Johnson watched a few Hibs games in person, I believe.

Not sure why we didn't sign him tbh, would be interesting to know. Even then he'd have been a better bet than a Massengi or a Nagy.

• Like 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, bs3 said:

It was a great evening, and heard a few new things that for obvious reasons "stay in the room" 

4 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Johnson watched a few Hibs games in person, I believe.

Not sure why we didn't sign him tbh, would be interesting to know. Even then he'd have been a better bet than a Massengi or a Nagy.

The odd thing about this part of the story, LJ said Jamie Mc watched him at St Mirren and advised against signing him 

The obvious error there was when JM was at St Mirren LJ and JMc weren't at City. 

• Haha 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Why do things have ‘to stay in the room’ if they were said at a public forum?

I'm sure anyone that has been to any event like this in the past will understand what I meant 

6 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

How was Super Scott?  Is he still officially involved with the club?

Interesting question to ask, do you think he may not be? 

1 hour ago, The Coach said:

Shame he ****** up most talent 

Not sure about that either - I think his main weakness was creating and maintaining a dressing room that pulled together. I don’t think he had any issue identifying and improving young players - just couldn’t create a cohesive squad.