IGNORED

Manning could be sacked - Peter O’Rourke

Shauntaylor85

41 minutes ago, Tecknical Director said:

*Like? 

*I’m actually interested and not being confrontational. 

If you’re looking for slightly outside the box, I like Scott Lindsay at Crawley. Decent football and a coach who speaks well.

I hate to say it, but Moyes is obviously of interest if there was any way he could be persuaded.

Steven Schumacher is available and would be worth a look.

Jokanovic is also currently available, as is (dare I say it, Lampard).

Alternatively, take a shot overseas. We’ve not done that in a while. What’s Will Still up to these days? 🤣

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

Are some of us actually HOPING for a defeat today, just so that maybe Manning might be sacked?

Not me. I hope he can turn it around. 

The problem is he's so stuck in his ways (which have not worked) personally I don't believe he can turn it around.

I've said it in a different thread but the best we played under LM last season was when we reverted to how we were under Pearson. Stoke was an example of how LM wants to play and the less said about it the better.

We had one of the best defences last season to joint worst currently and I don't see where our next clean sheet will be and yes Rob Dickie was a huge part of that but something has happened over the summer where we just forgot how to defend.

Our attack is win the ball, pass it around, get to the edge of the box, pass it to the other side but not into the box, then pass it back to the other side, allow the other team to get back into shape, pass the ball into centre mid, pass the ball back out to the wings, pass the ball back to defence, pass it to GK, pass it to defence, lose the ball.

He has no Plan B, C or D and Plan A is not working. He spent all summer chasing Twine as his 10 and then plays him out of position. The midfield combo hasn't worked yet he sticks with it.

We've had on paper an easy first 5 games (with the exception of Coventry) and we've got 5 points 0 clean sheets 6 goals scored (4 in 1 game) and 11 conceded.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, redkev said:

If he did get sacked ( which I doubt ) I would personally go with a rather large package to David Moyes ( manager ) & Rob Newman ( ceo ) , not a lot out there , I believe with the right manager / coaching this squad would make the play offs 

Steady on. 

I’d be excited to see Moyes here but not that excited.

• Haha 5

29 minutes ago, BetterRedthanBlue said:

The problem is he's so stuck in his ways (which have not worked) personally I don't believe he can turn it around.

I've said it in a different thread but the best we played under LM last season was when we reverted to how we were under Pearson. Stoke was an example of how LM wants to play and the less said about it the better.

We had one of the best defences last season to joint worst currently and I don't see where our next clean sheet will be and yes Rob Dickie was a huge part of that but something has happened over the summer where we just forgot how to defend.

Our attack is win the ball, pass it around, get to the edge of the box, pass it to the other side but not into the box, then pass it back to the other side, allow the other team to get back into shape, pass the ball into centre mid, pass the ball back out to the wings, pass the ball back to defence, pass it to GK, pass it to defence, lose the ball.

He has no Plan B, C or D and Plan A is not working. He spent all summer chasing Twine as his 10 and then plays him out of position. The midfield combo hasn't worked yet he sticks with it.

We've had on paper an easy first 5 games (with the exception of Coventry) and we've got 5 points 0 clean sheets 6 goals scored (4 in 1 game) and 11 conceded.

There seemed to be a point last season he went “it’s not my team, it’s not how I want to play, but as a stop gap it will do”, and results improved.

Now he has a squad much more to his liking, and it’s back to how he wants to play. Along with poor results. Strikes me as one of those managers for whom it will never be his fault or tactics, just the players are not good enough for his brilliance.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Section82 clearly want to tread water for years based on those signs today. Wow. 

Yep . I’m all for supporting the team but @@@@ me Section 82 remind me of the orchestra who kept playing while Titanic sank !!!!