IGNORED

Liam Manning’s Cider Army - ???

redordead1

There's a massive difference between supporting ' Bristol City' the club, and seen as a collective of fans doing the same. 

The fans are the club. 

They aren't there to support Manning, JL, BT, SL. 

They are custodians, employees, and come and go. 

Supporters can be proud of their club. 

But they don't have to be blind and blinkered into being proud of and supporting certain people in charge. 

Is anyone proud of JLs work and supportive of it?

Are people rightly questioning our Technical Director in how he goes about his work? They can still appreciate his ability when he was a player here. 

Are people supportive of SLs football decision making? Yet appreciative of the money he's spent. 

Are people rightly questioning the integrity of our present manager?

Some fans aren't proud of how NP was sacked. It was classless. 

And the appointment of Manning and his integrity is a reflection of their character. Classless. 

In the same way fans say...' I don't want that type of player playing and representing our club'. 

It can be said certain fans aren't proud of the classless and often unprofessional way our ' leaders' go about their work. 

Proud of Bristol City...the collective of fans, community. 

But our ' leaders'...nah. I don't ' support' them. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Flames 12

Sometimes OTIB is effing unbelievable.

Where else would you find threads and posts being critical of fellow supporters for giving their support to the manager and the team during a match?

And (on other threads) offering support to the jaundiced views of the fans of our opponents?

For me S82 were brilliant yesterday, got behind the team even when we were down. And that made a big difference.

Edited by italian dave
  • Like 12

Eff me, I’ve read some bollax on this thread.

55 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

There is no massive ongoing fan based protest about NP's sacking and ,so far, no massive protest about LM being the coach. It's not rocket surgery to deduce that the majority are in the here and now not sniping in an echo chamber on otib.

The “cult of Nige” (oh the irony) moved on yonks ago.  The commentary is and has been for a good while about Liam Manning’s performance against expectation.

+++++

Critique is just that, critique….doesn’t require a protest, why would it?  And who’s suggesting a protest?  Nobody.

But you keep stoking that fire, fanning the flames, and creating an extreme divided narrative on OTIB (it’s a forum, remember that), that isn’t there.

Have a word with yourself!

+++++

@spudski nails it.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Eff me, I’ve read some bollax on this thread.

The “cult of Nige” (oh the irony) moved on yonks ago.  The commentary is and has been for a good while about Liam Manning’s performance against expectation.

+++++

Critique is just that, critique….doesn’t require a protest, why would it?  And who’s suggesting a protest?  Nobody.

But you keep stoking that fire, fanning the flames, and creating an extreme divided narrative on OTIB (it’s a forum, remember that), that isn’t there.

Have a word with yourself!

+++++

@spudski nails it.

Coming from Pearson cult in Chief, I genuinely find your comment as hilarious as it is hypocritical!

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 3

2 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

@W-S-M Seagull finally reveals himself

IMG_5529.jpeg

I like this just because I love a Partridge reference.

"I'm just a fan, Nige. Your biggest fan..."

51 minutes ago, MattWSM said:

We will win the next four matches:

Swansea away

Wednesday home

Cardiff home

Boro away 

10 games in 20 points

Wow! I thought I was slightly deranged with my optimism, but this is next level! 😂👏

• Robin 1

1 hour ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I think that 20,000 fans turning up to support their team may suggest that the majority have indeed moved on.  It's how football works- players and Managers come and go whilst the fans ALWAYS have the choice whether they wish to turn up and support.

There is no massive ongoing fan based protest about NP's sacking and ,so far, no massive protest about LM being the coach. It's not rocket surgery to deduce that the majority are in the here and now not sniping in an echo chamber on otib.

And how about you, Joe? Have you moved on?

"Rocket surgery" ?

Yeh, that might just take off.

Keep taking the medication.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, spudski said:

Are people rightly questioning the integrity of our present manager?

2 hours ago, spudski said:

And the appointment of Manning and his integrity is a reflection of their character. Classless. 

@spudski what’s making people think Manning is lacking in integrity? I’ve seen people questioning his competence or comms style, but I’ve not seen anyone questioning his ethics or morals. 

1 minute ago, eardun said:

@spudski what’s making people think Manning is lacking in integrity? I’ve seen people questioning his competence or comms style, but I’ve not seen anyone questioning his ethics or morals. 

Go on the Oxford forum discussion. 

Lots on there about how he treated fans, staff players etc. And how he went about his business. 

His integrity is also being questioned here, on how he very rarely takes accountability, deflects truths about tactics when questioned, and puts the onus on the players match day, not himself. 

He doesn't do himself any favours imo. 

• Thanks 1

• Admin
6 minutes ago, spudski said:

Lots on there about how he treated fans, staff players etc. And how he went about his business. 

His integrity is also being questioned here, on how he very rarely takes accountability, deflects truths about tactics when questioned, and puts the onus on the players match day, not himself. 

So nothing to do with his tenure with us? 

Why do you care about the past 

• Flames 1

15 hours ago, DT The Optimist said:

Loud and clear after West Brom defeat. ‘ we want Pearson out’  & all that sort of stuff.. 
Ashton Gate was described as hostile  in media and NP responded to it after game basically saying not bothered. ( as reported by Bristol live quoting NP)

I love to quote Mick McCarthy once saying that as a manager one week you are viewed as a champ, the next week a chump…  LM seems to swing between the two ! 

He's a chimp?

15 hours ago, Bristol City mad man said:

I think the banner and the singing at the end shows this forum is a bit out of touch with the majority of the fans!

I've got to say I think there's a bit of truth in this. I'm very much in the 'pearson should of stayed, not sure about Manning camp' but the anti-manning sentiment isn't particularly evident amongst city fans I know. There is a general sense of malaise, but one that is indistinguishable from previous managerial reigns. Probably says something about the general quality of narrative we've had in the last few years...it's all just a bit dull

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Fjmcity said:

100% the revisionary bullcrap since is staggering - nearly one year on too 🤣

Plenty of revisionism and selective facts from the Manning lovers too.

I'm on the fence about his ability, integrity etc and certainly not Manning out..bigger problems lie with two of the hierarchy in particular.

Had we lost, I do wonder if he would still be in charge by next weekend ie by Swansea Away.

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

21 minutes ago, spudski said:

I'm only interested in what he does here. Oxford are never going to have a high opinion of him are they?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, underhanded said:

I've got to say I think there's a bit of truth in this. I'm very much in the 'pearson should of stayed, not sure about Manning camp' but the anti-manning sentiment isn't particularly evident amongst city fans I know. There is a general sense of malaise, but one that is indistinguishable from previous managerial reigns. Probably says something about the general quality of narrative we've had in the last few years...it's all just a bit dull

I think our fanbase has been apathetic for years. Anaesthetised by the cabal of dullards in "charge", and their mediocre "ambitions". It's so hard to care anymore.

• Like 7
  • Flames 2

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

I'm on the fence about his ability, integrity etc and certainly not Manning out..bigger problems lie with two of the hierarchy in particular.

Had we lost, I do wonder if he would still be in charge by next weekend ie by Swansea Away.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but are there any/many Manning lovers? Or do you just mean people that defend him?

I thought the debate was mostly about whether he should be given time or not?

No posters are coming to mind who really big him up?

• Like 2

16 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Does seem that s82 are supporting Liam Manning more than they have ever supported any other manager for some reason. 

Yep. They never did that for Nigel. 

15 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I remember them demanding Pearson be sacked during difficult times rather than getting behind the team and him.

Never a banner though. 

5 minutes ago, mozo said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but are there any/many Manning lovers? Or do you just mean people that defend him?

I thought the debate was mostly about whether he should be given time or not?

No posters are coming to mind who really big him up?

It's more to offset some of the OTT critics from that side, bit of an Off the Cuff term..

I'll have a wider look, Manning is fine but yeah the Banner is an interesting addition.

I found it out of touch, I'm in that corner and know of some of the lads, they do a decent job, but this was in bad taste for me. Sure, it was aimed at Oxford, but to me it pandered to the club. It signalled backing to the mess the club has made of the last 18 months. Whether that was intended or not, that's how it came across. 

Each to their own, but not for me. My advice for future would be to focus on the team. If Manning takes us to the playoffs and consistently challenges the top 6, do a banner and a song then. But for me a Manager/Head Coach needs to earn the right, I'd rather back the team until a Manager has proven themselves. COYR

• Like 8
  • Flames 3

37 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I’d have probably supported him not being in charge had we lost, at 1-0 down on the back of two 3 nils it really did look like he couldn’t change a battery let alone win the game and I felt it was slipping a little and we would have to go back to to the drawing board on another manager, even though we did have chances.

but we did win, and showed enough in doing so that the team and by extension the manager have enough about them, and are doing the right things in terms of how we want to play to win games. But they do need to do it more regularly and not be so damn soft on the road. The team is pretty new with some key parts still intergrating so with 3 extra points on the board I’m keen to see him build on it

as per the topic of the thread, support - it’s so important to have and for people to buy into who we actually are as a club (unsuccessful historically, but with potential) try and harness that and support this talented group of lads to play and do so even if there are arguments against the pedigree of the manager and hierarchy (even if that is a teeny tiny minority 😉) You never know, you might have some fun!

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Puckle_red said:

I found it out of touch, I'm in that corner and know of some of the lads, they do a decent job, but this was in bad taste for me. Sure, it was aimed at Oxford, but to me it pandered to the club. It signalled backing to the mess the club has made of the last 18 months. Whether that was intended or not, that's how it came across. 

Each to their own, but not for me. My advice for future would be to focus on the team. If Manning takes us to the playoffs and consistently challenges the top 6, do a banner and a song then. But for me a Manager/Head Coach needs to earn the right, I'd rather back the team until a Manager has proven themselves. COYR

should the crowd support regardless  to help the team play well? or should they wait like some Roman emperor at the colosseum to be entertained then maybe the players get a thumbs up 

we are Bristol city, a historically insignificant championship team, if we want to get to the next level team, fans, manager need to be working together 

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Of course you would, you’re a very selective reader.

He’s right, you especially were constantly banging his drum whilst he was here and after he left with your guess work. 

You can try and back up your incorrect and one sided thoughts with stats as much as you want but that’s not how football works. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Flames 1
  • Facepalm 3

53 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

The manning lovers thing again is weird. The team were booed off at half time ffs 😂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Coming from Pearson cult in Chief, I genuinely find your comment as hilarious as it is hypocritical!

Probably the best thing about our two consecutive 3-0 defeats was the absence of any of your unqualified Manning supporting posts… You simply went away… Swansea away next, so fill your boots up quick..

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Down Town said:

Didn't poor Nigey wigey get a banner from those pesky section 82 lads 

You really are pathetic

And my mates uncles brothers sisters hairdressers dog who lives in nailsea told me nige was really, really upset about it and said Steve lansdown is a big meanie

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spudski said:

Thanks for answering my Q. I understand him leaving Oxford - he’s an ambitious head coach. Oxford fans do seem to be bitter about it though so I’m not sure I’d take it as reliable that he didn’t say goodbye etc (even if true, he may have not been allowed to by Oxford, or City may have wanted him in Bristol immediately). A suggestion that he lacks integrity is stretching it for me, but each to their own. I’ll give him my support while he is here (as I do every manager) - either way I doubt he’ll be here that long since if he is successful he’ll be off to bigger and better things and I have no issue with that either. 

• Thanks 1

I really don't get what the issue is.

We know that Oxford will have a noisy following of 3500 fans. We know they don't like Manning because he left them. We know they'll be singing anti-Manning songs and calling him a c.

So we counter that with a banner that shows our support for our manager in support of our club. 

I find it odd that some of our own fans seem to object to that.

And even odder that some appear to side with the opposing fans.

And as for throwing toys out of prams just because "Nige" didn't get a similar banner...well....😖

We've sung NPs cider army, just as we've sung LMs cider army (and no-one seemed to object then!), just as we've sung xx's. cider army about anyone and everyone who's been our manager.

It really doesn't seem like a big issue...and there was a particular reason yesterday.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Puckle_red said:

Liam manning cider army 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, phantom said:

So nothing to do with his tenure with us? 

Why do you care about the past 

Third paragraph mate. 

3 hours ago, Super said:

I'm only interested in what he does here. Oxford are never going to have a high opinion of him are they?

Third paragraph as well 

15 hours ago, Harry said:

The bird brain has implicated that the lads who spent time and money making a supportive banner were the same ones who demanded Pearson’s sacking. 
The pigeon lime seems incapable of differentiating a group of supportive fanatics with any of the other 1,000 fans in that area. And also, in that particular game, he fails to declare that the majority of the stadium booed and jeered the team off and were calling for change. 
Seems old squawky wants to single out the only dozen or so blokes who actually made any positive noise on that specific day - my recollection is that the atmosphere was dead and that those lads sang repeatedly during the game with no one else joining in. A huge malaise had set in. In fact, I think half the fans had actually left the ground way before the end. It wasn’t a very positive day and one which the vast vast majority of fans wouldn’t have been surprised had Pearson left that day. 
But old pecky wants to just blame it on a dozen blokes who actually tried to sing that day. 

My bad then. I always thought section 82 was the standing, singing section.

From my seat behind the goal in the South Stand there were about 50 people in the singing section chanting "We want Pearson out." It certainly wasn't the whole ground. As you say most people had left by then.

1 hour ago, italian dave said:

I really don't get what the issue is.

We know that Oxford will have a noisy following of 3500 fans. We know they don't like Manning because he left them. We know they'll be singing anti-Manning songs and calling him a c.

So we counter that with a banner that shows our support for our manager in support of our club. 

I find it odd that some of our own fans seem to object to that.

And even odder that some appear to side with the opposing fans.

And as for throwing toys out of prams just because "Nige" didn't get a similar banner...well....😖

We've sung NPs cider army, just as we've sung LMs cider army (and no-one seemed to object then!), just as we've sung xx's. cider army about anyone and everyone who's been our manager.

It really doesn't seem like a big issue...and there was a particular reason yesterday.

I don't think it's anything to do with that Dave. 

Oxford don't like the way he left, and treated people. Not just because he left. 

As football fans, we can all sympathise with fans from other Clubs. 

No man is bigger than any club. 

We wouldn't like it if it were here. 

Just because they are from an opposition Club...what difference does that make?

Surely we want all Clubs fans and staff to be treated with respect.

We're not that shallow to want the worse for other clubs fans. Surely that's a really immature mentality? 

Football is about its fans. 

Clubs expect us to treat players, staff etc with respect...yet when individuals in the game don't do it, it's ok? 

We should all want the best for fellow fans. 

They're in the same boat as us. Following their team home and away. 

8 minutes ago, spudski said:

Oxford don't like the way he left, and treated people. Not just because he left. 

We're not that shallow to want the worse for other clubs fans. Surely that's a really immature mentality? 

Clubs expect us to treat players, staff etc with respect...yet when individuals in the game don't do it, it's ok? 

So out of all the Managers that have left their clubs under a cloud, you just happen to care the most about Mannings old club

Next thing you'll be telling us you feel sorry for the way Rovers fans have been taken for a ride for so long. 

Just now, Down Town said:

So out of all the Managers that have left their clubs under a cloud, you just happen to care the most about Mannings old club

Next thing you'll be telling us you feel sorry for the way Rovers fans have been taken for a ride for so long. 

Wtf! 🙈🤷🤣

Read the post FFS 🙈 🙈 

I care yes, about how you treat staff, players, fans etc. Tells you a lot about a person's character. 

And as my post referenced...which you seem to not understand. How he is conducting himself here, by not taking much responsibility, and putting it on the players. 

6 hours ago, spudski said:

Some fans aren't proud of how NP was sacked. It was classless. 

It can be said certain fans aren't proud of the classless and often unprofessional way our ' leaders' go about their work. 

Proud of Bristol City...the collective of fans, community. 

But our ' leaders'...nah. I don't ' support' them. 

Another excellent post Spudski. Spot on as usual.

• Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

13 minutes ago, spudski said:

Oh, come on Spud…..

I can sit down with fans of other clubs and have a reasoned discussion along with the best of us.

But during the 90 minutes of the game it’s about supporting your team, your players, your manager, every last one of them.

Oxford fans sing Manning you’re a c. Our response has to be something in support of Manning. Not ‘….oh, you just might be right and we do feel sorry for you’.

I’m also supportive of a fans of other clubs generally, but shit happens, and at our level and below that shit often takes the form of people leaving for what they see as bigger, better challenges. Just like when Nicky Maynard fancied his chance at West Ham. We gave him hell for that. Now I don’t personally know either Maynard or  Manning but I’m pretty sure that in both cases whether or not they’re a decent human being isn’t best judged by the views of fans of their old clubs….pretty much none of whom know them either. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Oh, come on Spud…..

I can sit down with fans of other clubs and have a reasoned discussion along with the best of us.

But during the 90 minutes of the game it’s about supporting your team, your players, your manager, every last one of them.

Oxford fans sing Manning you’re a c. Our response has to be something in support of Manning. Not ‘….oh, you just might be right and we do feel sorry for you’.

I’m also supportive of a fans of other clubs generally, but shit happens, and at our level and below that shit often takes the form of people leaving for what they see as bigger, better challenges. Just like when Nicky Maynard fancied his chance at West Ham. We gave him hell for that. Now I don’t personally know either Maynard or  Manning but I’m pretty sure that in both cases whether or not they’re a decent human being isn’t best judged by the views of fans of their old clubs….pretty much none of whom know them either. 

I disagree Dave. I don't support Manning. I support Bristol City...not him.

I don't have to respect, support, or like any manager that we employ. 

I don't go in for pantomime support, just because he works for us. 

I don't respect him. 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, spudski said:

It’s tribalism Spudski and everything that goes with it. 

That said I regularly visit other Championship clubs forum and have had some very decent and mature exchanges with lots of other clubs supporters. Never any evidence of tribalism on those platforms.

5 minutes ago, spudski said:

I don't respect him. 

As far as I’m concerned Spud, if they’re out there playing for, managing, coaching Bristol City, and they want what’s best for Bristol City, then they get my support. Simple as that.

If I think they don’t want the best for City (Pulis and Tomlin spring to mind) they don’t get it - but those are very rare exceptions.

It’s shallow, yes. But I don’t know our players or managers personally, as individuals and so my ability to judge their character and to judge whether they deserve respect is extremely limited. You may know players and managers more intimately as individuals, I don’t know? 

• Like 4
  • Flames 2

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It’s tribalism Spudski and everything that goes with it. 

That said I regularly visit other Championship clubs forum and have had some very decent and mature exchanges with lots of other clubs supporters. Never any evidence of tribalism on those platforms.

Yeah...I don't do ' tribe'. 

I do my own thing. I don't follow the crowd so to speak. 

3 minutes ago, italian dave said:

As far as I’m concerned Spud, if they’re out there playing for, managing, coaching Bristol City, and they want what’s best for Bristol City, then they get my support. Simple as that.

If I think they don’t want the best for City (Pulis and Tomlin spring to mind) they don’t get it - but those are very rare exceptions.

It’s shallow, yes. But I don’t know our players or managers personally, as individuals and so my ability to judge their character and to judge whether they deserve respect is extremely limited. You may know players and managers more intimately as individuals, I don’t know? 

I don't think there are any players or managers that are working for the sake of Bristol City. 

It's a job...they do there best to get results, put in good performances, to further their careers. 

You don't need to know them personally to make an opinion. 

There are plenty of interviews etc, live games etc, other people's experiences shared to form a view. 

In the same way you make judgements on public 'personalities' in the public domain and Politics. 

You don't know them personally, but you can make your own conclusions. 

We don't have to agree. 

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and conclusions. 👍

20 minutes ago, spudski said:

I don't respect him. 

Absolutely. 

Players and staff leaving clubs is part and parcel of football. But there is a right and wrong way to go about moving clubs and how Manning dis it lacked any class at all. 

We've had our fans giving Conway shite all summer because he wanted to leave. Accused hum of being greedy etc etc (totally false) 

When Conway returns here with Boro he's going to recieve a frosty reception from the same fans that are sticking up for the way Manning left Oxford. 

If my son got with a female who had treated her former partner really badly, it's gonna take a while for her to earn my respect. 

I don't like how Manning left Oxford. I posted that at the time. It doesn't align with the values I think we should have at Bristol City. Neither does him constantly blaming the players. 

Any whiff of success here and Manning would leave us in very similar circumstances. The same people giving it to the Oxford fans will be the 1st and loudest to complain if he did it to us. 

Edited by W-S-M Seagull
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Absolutely. 

Players and staff leaving clubs is part and parcel of football. But there is a right and wrong way to go about moving clubs and how Manning dis it lacked any class at all. 

We've had our fans giving Conway shite all summer because he wanted to leave. Accused hum of being greedy etc etc (totally false) 

When Conway returns here with Boro he's going to recieve a frosty reception from the same fans that are sticking up for the way Manning left Oxford. 

If my son got with a female who had treated her former partner really badly, it's gonna take a while for her to earn my respect. 

I don't like how Manning left Oxford. I posted that at the time. It doesn't align with the values I think we should have at Bristol City. Neither does him constantly blaming the players. 

Any whiff of success here and Manning would leave us in very similar circumstances. The same people giving it to the Oxford fans will be the 1st and loudest to complain if he did it to us. 

Jesus ******* Christ 😂

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

7 minutes ago, spudski said:

I don't respect him. 

I couldn’t agree more. Mannings not “our” manger he’s JL’s and Tinnion’s manager.  Yesterday’s banner and cheerleading in section 82 smacks of a Bristol sport psyop 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, Graham76 said:

I couldn’t agree more. Mannings not “our” manger he’s JL’s and Tinnion’s manager.  Yesterday’s banner and cheerleading in section 82 smacks of a Bristol sport psyop 

It did come across like that, very much. 

Hense me asking questions about it earlier in the thread. 

That hasn't been answered. 

If it was genuine...fair enough. 

It just felt weird. 

• Like 1

Spudski. 

“Yeah...I don't do ' tribe'. 

I do my own thing. I don't follow the crowd so to speak.”

You support Bristol City as we all do and that makes you a member of the Bristol City ‘tribe’ whether you like it or not. It doesn’t mean that you have to ‘follow the crowd’ just many of us don’t either.

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, spudski said:

Wtf! 🙈🤷🤣

Read the post FFS 🙈 🙈 

I care yes, about how you treat staff, players, fans etc. Tells you a lot about a person's character. 

And as my post referenced...which you seem to not understand. How he is conducting himself here, by not taking much responsibility, and putting it on the players. 

How many more times are you going to make yourself look like an idiot this weekend spuds? 

He's no different to any other Manager

After you comment earlier in the weekend I assume that you want us to lose against Swansea next Sunday? 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, spudski said:

It did come across like that, very much. 

Hense me asking questions about it earlier in the thread. 

That hasn't been answered. 

If it was genuine...fair enough. 

It just felt weird. 

You've been offered the chance to meet up and talk about it 

Anyway, who do you think you are demanding a question to be answered 

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

32 minutes ago, spudski said:

Yeah...I don't do ' tribe'. 

I do my own thing. I don't follow the crowd so to speak. 

I don't think there are any players or managers that are working for the sake of Bristol City. 

It's a job...they do there best to get results, put in good performances, to further their careers. 

You don't need to know them personally to make an opinion. 

There are plenty of interviews etc, live games etc, other people's experiences shared to form a view. 

In the same way you make judgements on public 'personalities' in the public domain and Politics. 

You don't know them personally, but you can make your own conclusions. 

We don't have to agree. 

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and conclusions. 👍

Working in the interests of yourself and working in the interests of your employer are not mutually exclusive, you know! In fact, more often than not they amount to the same thing.

I certainly wouldn't judge any manager's character on the basis of those post match or other interviews - something they do cos they have to and generally don't like and aren't suited to. If I'd judged NP on those he'd have been one of the most miserable people I've known! If I judged LM I'd think he was completely lacking in self confidence. I don't think either of things are the case.

Other people's experiences? Like Oxford fans? That's not people with any more knowledge of his character than I have. It's just a bunch of football fans with a gripe. Most likely the same fans - had you read the forum three months before he left them - with a totally different take. To start pontificating about someone's character and their "values" based on that just feels ludicrous.

Yes, there are some - a few - fans who might get to know them better. I've chatted recently to one City fan on here who knew NP better than many. And that confirms my view that my judgement above based on his interviews would be false. But like I say, that's a very very few fans - the exception that proves the rule.

Ultimately I don't get to chose who we employ - as manager, as players - so I take the view that there's no point getting worked up over something entirely outside my control. So - unless there's a good reason not to - they get my support in trying to further the objectives we all have as City fans.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

10 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Spudski. 

“Yeah...I don't do ' tribe'. 

I do my own thing. I don't follow the crowd so to speak.”

You support Bristol City as we all do and that makes you a member of the Bristol City ‘tribe’ whether you like it or not. It doesn’t mean that you have to ‘follow the crowd’ just many of us don’t either.

But I can support my own way...I don't have to follow the masses. 

I don't have to support a manager, just because JL and BT employed him. 

I don't particularly respect them either. 

8 minutes ago, Down Town said:

You've been offered the chance to meet up and talk about it 

Anyway, who do you think you are demanding a question to be answered 

What are you on about?

Meet up and talk about it? 🤷🤣 By who?

Who's demanding anything?

No one.

Who the **** are you? I seem to have got your knickers twisted. 

Strange oddball. 🤔

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Working in the interests of yourself and working in the interests of your employer are not mutually exclusive, you know! In fact, more often than not they amount to the same thing.

I certainly wouldn't judge any manager's character on the basis of those post match or other interviews - something they do cos they have to and generally don't like and aren't suited to. If I'd judged NP on those he'd have been one of the most miserable people I've known! If I judged LM I'd think he was completely lacking in self confidence. I don't think either of things are the case.

Other people's experiences? Like Oxford fans? That's not people with any more knowledge of his character than I have. It's just a bunch of football fans with a gripe. Most likely the same fans - had you read the forum three months before he left them - with a totally different take. To start pontificating about someone's character and their "values" based on that just feels ludicrous.

Yes, there are some - a few - fans who might get to know them better. I've chatted recently to one City fan on here who knew NP better than many. And that confirms my view that my judgement above based on his interviews would be false. But like I say, that's a very very few fans - the exception that proves the rule.

Ultimately I don't get to chose who we employ - as manager, as players - so I take the view that there's no point getting worked up over something entirely outside my control. So - unless there's a good reason not to - they get my support in trying to further the objectives we all have as City fans.

Hear! f ing Hear!

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Like I said...we can agree to disagree on how we see it. 

And like I pointed out...you make judgements based on the same things regarding Politicians and public figures, but disregard that when it comes to this. 

And no one is worked up...I couldn't feel more apathetic towards the club as I do now. 

Everyone I've spoken to, who has met NP has said nothing but good things about him. Far from what you thought. 

As for LM...yes I know two people who've spoken regularly in the past with him. And they didn't have many positives to say about him, apart from he's absorbed by football, enthusiastic, a hard worker. But completely in it for himself and will walk over anyone to get to his goal of being a Prem coach. 

1 minute ago, BasSavage88 said:

I don’t think manning is good enough and booed at half time yesterday if that helps 👍

I never boo…don’t see the point, but if you want to, that’s up to you.

We can all support Bristol City however we like, and in whatever form we like.  I don’t like the “forced” view that you have to all do it the same way.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I never boo…don’t see the point, but if you want to, that’s up to you.

We can all support Bristol City however we like, and in whatever form we like.  I don’t like the “forced” view that you have to all do it the same way.

I agree which is why the vitriol people got for not wanting Pearson was wrong