IGNORED

Liam Manning’s Cider Army - ???

redordead1

46 minutes ago, spudski said:

It did come across like that, very much. 

Hense me asking questions about it earlier in the thread. 

That hasn't been answered. 

If it was genuine...fair enough. 

It just felt weird. 

And on the pre match statement from s82 and it did feel very political, rather than passionate support. 

We didn't see statements or banners when Nige lost 2 in a row, or when LJ lost 8 in a row and that's why I question the motives.

Edited by W-S-M Seagull
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Just now, Ivorguy said:

Whether LM is ultimately successful seems to me to depend on whether he is prepared to be self critical and learn from his missteps.

i believe the jury is out on that

This will be his downfall like it’s been for many managers here. Stuck in his plan a and will not change no matter how obvious 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

And on the pre match statement from s82 and it did feel very political, rather than passionate support. 

It’s never going to be passionate support as Manning hasn’t done anything that would cause that but it’s a form of support and there are people like myself and quite a lot of fans that want to give him some time as there have been negatives/positives/unknowns and ultimately by Xmas we will know who was right but I do know chopping a manager in less than a year is not a generally good thing unless you are pretty sure he’s the wrong man which by Xmas he might be but half a season in with his ‘own team’ we will all know and worst case it’s mid table boredom again as don’t think we will go down but to be the one we believe in we have to be within about 5 points of the play offs by Xmas. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

We didn't see statements or banners when Nige lost 2 in a row, or when LJ lost 8 in a row and that's why I question the motives.

Political? What do you mean by that?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bristol City mad man said:

Hahaha Mr P does make some valid points so I don’t think it’s Nige sitting on his computer in the evening with a beer but it’s just a bit more of a negative vibe I think than the average fan!

Thanks, I'm just a bit of a sceptic by nature or cautious I dunno, but I'll praise when due as well.

A little glass half empty but.. by the same token I thought weighing up both us and then that we as fans were a bit on the bullish side ahead of Derby at the end of August across social media etc.

• Facepalm 1

46 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I never boo…don’t see the point, but if you want to, that’s up to you.

We can all support Bristol City however we like, and in whatever form we like.  I don’t like the “forced” view that you have to all do it the same way.

Have you ever sat and watched someone boo? It’s one of the most bizarre, funniest things you could ever view. Just reminds me of angry pingu

IMG_9109.jpeg

• Haha 6

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Thanks, I'm just a bit of a sceptic by nature or cautious I dunno, but I'll praise when due as well.

A little glass half empty but.. by the same token I thought weighing up both us and then that we as fans were a bit on the bullish side ahead of Derby at the end of August across social media etc.

You need both sides of the argument but the problem is that it is slightly more one sided on here when the reality is it’s somewhere in the middle and none of us really know yet and think there are two crucial decisions that Manning will need to get right now (who plays 6 and 11) and that will dictate a lot, I think ultimately the best will be 6 McGuane and 11 Earthy but it would will probably take a few games for Manning to realise I’m right as neither have played any/much minutes yet!

• Admin
1 hour ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

How is it political and not passionate? 

You couldn't resist mentioning Pearson again 

5 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I mean my post was rather factual. 

It's just your odd opinion, there's nothing factual

It was actually amusing to hear people talk about the rubbish you post in pubs yesterday 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, phantom said:

How is it political and not passionate? 

You couldn't resist mentioning Pearson again 

https://media.tenor.com/3ZswV32HVMMAAAAM/let-it.gif

It's just your odd opinion that yet again has reared it's head even more this weekend 

It was actually amusing to hear people talk about the rubbish you post in pubs yesterday 

This is actually amusing. People talking about posters in a pub. Jeez. 

• Like 1

• Admin
49 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

This is actually amusing. People talking about posters in a pub. Jeez. 

To be honest with you, they were laughing at your posts and found it very amusing 

You should take credit that it's not just on OTIB you are recognised for such random negativity 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bristol City mad man said:

I think ultimately the best will be 6 McGuane and 11 Earthy but it would will probably take a few games for Manning to realise I’m right as neither have played any/much minutes yet!

So, neither have played much.....but you "think" Manning will realise you are right!

Bit sad this, oh and as funny as ****!

🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, phantom said:

To be honest with you, they were laughing at your posts and found it very amusing 

You sound take credit that it's not just on OTIB you are recognised for such random negativity 

I don't think I've ever been in a position in a pub where I've felt the need to speak about fellow posters. 

It's not very positive.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, phantom said:

You sound take credit that it's not just on OTIB you are recognised for such random negativity 

Sorry, but as an administrator for OTIB, shouldn't you attack the post and not the poster?

People's opinions are their opinions.

• Like 5
  • Facepalm 1

• Admin
13 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I don't think I've ever been in a position in a pub where I've felt the need to speak about fellow posters. 

It's not very positive.

It shows what an impression your posts are making 

8 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

Sorry, but as an administrator for OTIB, shouldn't you attack the post and not the poster?

People's opinions are their opinions.

Read that post again I was referring to other people 

4 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

People actually think the club orchestrated the Manning banner 🤣🤣🤣

It is hilarious how someone thinks this 

3 minutes ago, KegCity said:

Still no explanation on the supposed political nature of the banner?

Pretty insulting to the S82 guys who worked hard to raise money for the banner 

2 minutes ago, BasSavage88 said:

Jon lansdown is too dumb to run the club and is only there because of his da but has infiltrated and brain washed s82 into his bidding 

it would make a great film tbh 

The irony 

8 minutes ago, phantom said:

It shows what an impression your posts are making 

I've criticised the club for how they handled the changes last year. No different to most people. 

I criticised their choice of replacement. Due to his previous managerial record as did others. 

I've criticised his performance as head coach like many others have also done. 

I cant see whats so amusing about my football opinions? 

We all have different ways supporting the club. 

For example you may consider me complaining about how much we paid for Twine as being negitive, however for me I'm complaining about it because I want my club to be financially prudent and stable and not over paying for players. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

28 minutes ago, phantom said:

Pretty insulting to the S82 guys who worked hard to raise money for the banner 

That, and it’s just a ridiculous thing to say with no explanation whatsoever. I would assume the lack of explanation means that it’s complete rubbish.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, KegCity said:

That, and it’s just a ridiculous thing to say with no explanation whatsoever. I would assume the lack of explanation means that it’s complete rubbish.

I have thr utmost respect for all the fundraising and the displays S82 put on. Have donated it to myself over time. 

We have a section of our fan base that never liked Nigel. The same people that as soon as you criticise a Manning sub will say 'cult of Nige' 

We have regressed under Manning instead of taking the steps forward that most expected. 

Yet we have a section of our fanbase that has unwavering support for Manning. To me, that's because that want to be proved right about Nigel because they can't let it go. Hence why you hear 'cult of Nige' when someone mentions current performances or events. 

If someone believes Manning is thr right fit for us, fair play, if someone doesn't, also fair play. But both sides should respect each other because ultimately we are all Bristol City fans and want the same outcome for our club. 

I've already mentioned in this thread how other managers didn't recieve a public show of support when they were on the verge of the sack. Hence why it comes accross as political to me. Not saying I'm write. I hope I'm completely wrong. 

Edited by W-S-M Seagull
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I have thr utmost respect for all the fundraising and the displays S82 put on. Have donated it to myself over time. 

We have a section of our fan base that never liked Nigel. The same people that as soon as you criticise a Manning sub will say 'cult of Nige' 

We have regressed under Manning instead of taking the steps forward that most expected. 

Yet we have a section of our fanbase that has unwavering support for Manning. To me, that's because that want to be proved right about Nigel because they can't let it go. Hence why you hear 'cult of Nige' when someone mentions current performances or events. 

If someone believes Manning is thr right fit for us, fair play, if someone doesn't, also fair play. But both sides should respect each other because ultimately we are all Bristol City fans and want the same outcome for our club. 

I've already mentioned in this thread how other managers didn't recieve a public show of support when they were on the verge of the sack. Hence why it comes accross as political to me. Not saying I'm write. I hope I'm completely wrong. 

Manning has absolutely at no point during his tenure so far been on the verge of being sacked. 

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

4 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

And you know that how?

4 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Once last season and probably at half time yesterday. 

As there in my eyes, no way the club would be sacking a manager when there is absolutely no threat of going down, not in the manner of his appointment. 

It’s clear his appointment is a long term one like Johnson, they wouldn’t be sacking a manager after 5 games this season. 

Well I thought the fans did well to get so many new flags (all well-positioned pre game ) and banners out. It shows co-ordination and great support and should be applauded. Is that the flag budget for the season spent though? How is it organised? Is there a website or something for donations etc? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

Manning has absolutely at no point during his tenure so far been on the verge of being sacked. 

My suspicion is that around  the time of Swansea away into Easter 2024 and perhaps now.. 

...Yesterday a loss would've been deemed very embarrassing for a few reasons. Had we lost 1-0, 1 win in 6, 3 Goalless games, out the Cup Round 1, the strikers..4 games without goal.

I think Manning would have been under severe pressure.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, BasSavage88 said:

Jon lansdown is too dumb to run the club and is only there because of his da

If not for SL, I can't see what position he would have and or which other club he would be in a Senior Position at but...

I'm possibly missing the overall point of your post yes 

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

As there in my eyes, no way the club would be sacking a manager when there is absolutely no threat of going down, not in the manner of his appointment. 

It’s clear his appointment is a long term one like Johnson, they wouldn’t be sacking a manager after 5 games this season. 

I think it was Swansea at home last season where he was really in trouble. 

And again yesterday facing 3 defeats in a row down the barrel. 

Stoke and Cardiff have sacked their managers already. 

Manning has had a huge amount of money to spend (by our standards) so therefore expectations both at board level and on the terraces has increased. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

My suspicion is that around  the time of Swansea away into Easter 2024 and perhaps now.. 

...Yesterday a loss would've been deemed very embarrassing for a few reasons. Had we lost 1-0, 1 win in 6, 3 Goalless games, out the Cup Round 1, the strikers..4 games without goal.

I think Manning would have been under severe pressure.

I completely agree with you Mr P, but I just couldn’t see him being sacked. 

Personally at the moment I still don’t rate him myself, but I’ve thought that from the start. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Just because a gesture is unprecedented doesn’t mean it’s political. I don’t understand the politics you’re implying are at play.

3 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I think it was Swansea at home last season where he was really in trouble. 

And again yesterday facing 3 defeats in a row down the barrel. 

Stoke and Cardiff have sacked their managers already. 

Manning has had a huge amount of money to spend (by our standards) so therefore expectations both at board level and on the terraces has increased. 

Your last paragraph which to me is even more reason they wouldn’t and won’t sack him, not unless we are in the bottom 3 and looking at risk of going down. 

In my opinion at least, I do agree with there being times he could have been sacked but I still don’t think they would have done it as there was no threat. 

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

If not for SL, I can't see what position he would have and or which other club he would be in a Senior Position at but...

I'm possibly missing the overall point of your post yes 

Yes you are 😂

I think it’s fair to say the one thing this forum is unanimous about is that JL should be nowhere near the club. So the fact that there is a small section that think he can infiltrate and and use s82 as his mouthpiece is mental 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

He was allegedly given a pretty stern talking to before Easter last season and given a target of points to achieve by the season end, under the premise of “to keep your job this summer”.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Were there really some fans that NEVER liked Pearson???

And are there really some fans with UNWAVERING support for Manning???

If such people do exist, I would guess they are very few of them indeed.  When Pearson was appointed I really don't remember any dissent.  And many normally optimistic posters have expressed doubts at some time during Manning's tenure when things have been going especially badly.

However, swap the names around and .....

• Like 4

7 hours ago, FNQ said:

Probably the best thing about our two consecutive 3-0 defeats was the absence of any of your unqualified Manning supporting posts… You simply went away… Swansea away next, so fill your boots up quick..

OK FNQ and @Mr Popodopolous

SHOW ME MY UNQUALIFIED MANNING SUPPORTING POSTS

My posts are available for anyone to see so show me.

@Mr Popodopolous u r pathetic

2 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

People actually think the club orchestrated the Manning banner 🤣🤣🤣

I reckon if we try hard enough we can find evidence of shady deals in the back room of Spanish Bar. No doubt money exchanged hands in the promise of a friendly vs Willem. 
“Wanna buy some stickers Jon?”

”Yeah, here’s £5k. I’ll have 2 sets of stickers but I’ll need a Liam Manning’s Cider Army banner too”. 

“We don’t do politics Jon”

”I know. I don’t do football, but we all gotta obey the deep state” 

• Haha 4

I didn't see the banner but fair play to whoever produced it.  Liam Manning must know his stock has fallen with the two 3-0 defeats but a seeing that banner should have lifted his spirits somewhat. When I saw the line-up Saturday I thought same team same tactics same result and the first half played out that way. Second half he changed things and the rest is history.

He's a young coach who has stuck to his convictions almost like he knows no different way of playing but Saturday he did change things about and did so early. Perhaps that banner gave him a lift or the confidence to divert from the "Plan" maybe he now realises his ridged game plan wasn't the best way. If this sees a change in tactics, using the resources in the right way and players playing to their strengths then maybe it could become Liam Mannings Cider Army but theres a long way to go with no guarantees. I want Liam Manning to be a success because if he does succeed the club succeeds, if he doesn't it's back to the drawing board, a position I've seen often enough in the last 50 years.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Yes and yes

Edit…and although the first yes was very small, it grew large over the Danny Simpson signing.

Hmm, with apologies for stating the obvious, "never" means both pre and post Simpson signing.  So who was against Pearson from day one??

And I think we are still on the search for the possibly mythical unwavering/unqualified Manning supporter?  

• Admin
2 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I genuinely worry about how you believe all this, have we ever had a dislike for NP? 

The only time I can recall him getting stick on here was when he was seen in the Blue Flame and it suddenly was a reason he didn't attend training. 

Lots of new Managers take time to settle in and push on, wasn't it said about needing three transfer windows.... 

What is it you mean that people are unable to let go of, that does not make sense to me. We can all read on here who those that clearly struggle nearly a year on about the sacking of NP 

It happened before with Cotts but people accepted it happened and moved on 

• Admin
2 hours ago, RollsRoyce said:

Well I thought the fans did well to get so many new flags (all well-positioned pre game ) and banners out. It shows co-ordination and great support and should be applauded. Is that the flag budget for the season spent though? How is it organised? Is there a website or something for donations etc? 

I'm pretty sure I heard a group went in Friday afternoon to put out the flags, there were also notices around the stand explaining to raise them both as the teams entered the pitch and also for the applause in the 63rd minute for Jaz. 

The banners at the front were  handpainted so I don't imagine costs are that high for these, but the fundraising is constantly ongoing with sales of stickers etc 

I spoke with a couple of the lads involved after the game and I was amazed how much time and effort was put in, ordering the new flags took real effort to arrange especially because of the number of flags involved. I hate to say I was about 10 Estrellas into the day at this point so actual numbers I'm not 100% on. Like others I used to assume they were a large number of fans but it really is just a relatively small number of dedicated supporters trying their best to improve the matchday experience for everyone. 

As above @Jameswould be the best to answer all questions as he's one of those putting in an amazing amount of time and effort 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, phantom said:

I genuinely worry about how you believe all this, have we ever had a dislike for NP? 

The only time I can recall him getting stick on here was when he was seen in the Blue Flame and it suddenly was a reason he didn't attend training. 

Lots of new Managers take time to settle in and push on, wasn't it said about needing three transfer windows.... 

What is it you mean that people are unable to let go of, that does not make sense to me. We can all read on here who those that clearly struggle nearly a year on about the sacking of NP 

I can only speak for myself here but I moved on from Pearson being sacked pretty quickly. I didn't move on from how the club was being run badly tho. There is a difference between the two things. I think most people did tbh. Most people are still pretty concerned with how the club is being run at that has absolutely nothing to do with Nige, yet bizarrely it does according to some. 

Nigels biggest critics are the 1st to throw around 'cult of Nige' as soon as someone dares to legitimately challange one of Mannings decisions etc, Ian Gay for example. 

People have accepted Pearson has gone and moved on. The only ones, in my opinion, who have not moved on is those who are desperate for Manning to be a success so they can be proven right about Nige. 

You can't deny that certain posters only reappear on here following a win..

• Like 8

23 minutes ago, phantom said:

With respect while there is something in what you say about the unique reaction, this sacking was different to many.

Usually when a manager is sacked..

*The team are struggling badly.

*The fans are very dismayed. Chars for out etc.

*The team are in sharp decline.

*Or underachieving vastly set against budget etc.

Think Ainsworth, Munoz last Autumn.

Eustace and Mowbray were weird sacking and their sides stagnated and nosedived respectively.

Taylor and Foster, Neil hmm.

Now Birmingham despite relegation to the 3rd tier for the first time in a generation their fans are so optimistic and loving life. Season Ticket sales 50% and full houses, and crowing about the project.

Le Regis, who knows but Sunderland 5/6, Clean Sheets in all..

Manning was brought because we were underachieving. Time will tell but the hierarchy made many a grand claim and people should not forget this.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, phantom said:

You should take credit that it's not just on OTIB you are recognised for such random negativity 

I suggest you find better pubs and friends if that’s how you spend your match days.

Usual bizarre behaviour considering your position.

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

He was allegedly given a pretty stern talking to before Easter last season and given a target of points to achieve by the season end, under the premise of “to keep your job this summer”.

I do wonder if our defensive frailties lead back to this conversation where he was allegedly also told to play more attacking football? 

So we've gone more attacking this season but that exposes us at the back and we're unable to find the right balance? 

1 hour ago, red panda said:

Hmm, with apologies for stating the obvious, "never" means both pre and post Simpson signing.  So who was against Pearson from day one??

And I think we are still on the search for the possibly mythical unwavering/unqualified Manning supporter?  

Yes, there were a small number who didn’t want him.  Dinosaur, arrogant (ostrich), Derby, Leuven type reasons.

Yes, there are some.  

I'll hold my hands up, I had a small reservation about NP back in March 2021.

I had a strange concern thst he would just come in and try to play straight old style 4-4-2 at a time, when it has become less common and leave us short in midfield as he used a 4-4-2 in his Championship title team at Leicester.

Very happy to say it was unfounded, wholly unfounded.

1 hour ago, phantom said:

I'm pretty sure I heard a group went in Friday afternoon to put out the flags, there were also notices around the stand explaining to raise them both as the teams entered the pitch and also for the applause in the 63rd minute for Jaz. 

The banners at the front were  handpainted so I don't imagine costs are that high for these, but the fundraising is constantly ongoing with sales of stickers etc 

I spoke with a couple of the lads involved after the game and I was amazed how much time and effort was put in, ordering the new flags took real effort to arrange especially because of the number of flags involved. I hate to say I was about 10 Estrellas into the day at this point so actual numbers I'm not 100% on. Like others I used to assume they were a large number of fans but it really is just a relatively small number of dedicated supporters trying their best to improve the matchday experience for everyone. 

As above @Jameswould be the best to answer all questions as he's one of those putting in an amazing amount of time and effort 

Stupendous effort, and well done to all. I cannot stand Manning, but that has nothing to do with fan groups supporting their side and making the ground a better place to be. I hope they, we, can all do more like this. I am sure many have seen what the German clubs do, this is a really good step in the right direction and should be applauded. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, spudski said:

Like I said...we can agree to disagree on how we see it. 

Of course - but I'm also entitled to question where you get your view from - in this case seemingly a bunch of disgruntled Oxford fans

And like I pointed out...you make judgements based on the same things regarding Politicians and public figures, but disregard that when it comes to this. 

Generally speaking my judgements on politicians are judgements about their political views which, of course, they make very public.

And no one is worked up...I couldn't feel more apathetic towards the club as I do now. 

Fair enough. I've quite enjoyed my football this season (although I did miss Blackburn!!)

Everyone I've spoken to, who has met NP has said nothing but good things about him. Far from what you thought. 

Exactly the point I'm making. And the reason I don't judge managers from their post match interviews in the way you suggested I should.

As for LM...yes I know two people who've spoken regularly in the past with him. And they didn't have many positives to say about him, apart from he's absorbed by football, enthusiastic, a hard worker. But completely in it for himself and will walk over anyone to get to his goal of being a Prem coach. 

I'm under no illusions he'd leave us if a better offer came along. As would most people in football. But that doesn't stop me from believing he's doing his best for Bristol City while he's here (not least because it's in his own interest) and from supporting him in that. 

On to Swansea! Have a good week mate!!

👆👆👆

• Thanks 1

My first 30 years supporting City had only four managers, three of whom won promotion. The big difference between then and now is that our discussions were at work or in a pub. So no knowledge of any big turning against them when things did go wrong. Just some booing at decisions during games.

Now however there are forums all over the place so quite easy to follow any great swell in opinions. I suspect that those on forums are the avid lifelong go to away match fans so the opinions are quite valid. But those who only turn up for an afternoon out probably don’t get so wound up.

Me? I don’t think he will last long if we’re in the bottom six but if not he could do a Dicks and take us up against all the odds!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, there were a small number who didn’t want him.  Dinosaur, arrogant (ostrich), Derby, Leuven type reasons.

Yes, there are some.  

A lot of this comes down to how a poster can rein in (or not) their natural bias.  I know I have biases, so I allow for them, others seem oblivious to them.

Being uber simplistic, there are 2 manager types;

Old dinosaur;

Young progressive 

Some people instinctively prefer 1 type over the other (same as, if you're my age, your fave top flight midfielder growing up is either Hoddle if you prefer an artist or Robson if you prefer an artisan).

I sometimes wonder if  demographics play a part; I didn't post back then, but have been on the forum since the GJ days.  There's a lot of folk still here (& RIP those that departed too soon) & we were hardly  teenagers back then.  It would be interesting to see if say the 50+ age cohort tend to be more Cotts, Pearson fans wheras the veritable youngsters prefer a Manning type.

Returning to the theme of bias, I was cheesed off when I heard the starting 11 on Sat. However on the evidence of the 1st half I was happy with how we played, despite him not making a selection change I thought was obvious & us being behind. Genuinely think some struggle with this & go a bit Frank Doberman when the same thing happens to them.

Edited by TDarwall
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Bristol City mad man said:

You need both sides of the argument but the problem is that it is slightly more one sided on here when the reality is it’s somewhere in the middle and none of us really know yet and think there are two crucial decisions that Manning will need to get right now (who plays 6 and 11) and that will dictate a lot, I think ultimately the best will be 6 McGuane and 11 Earthy but it would will probably take a few games for Manning to realise I’m right as neither have played any/much minutes yet!

Or both halves of a football match to formulate an opinion on whether we should sack Manning, Tins, the board and accept we are bottom three, and the recruitment in the Summer was pants.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TDarwall said:

I sometimes wonder if  demographics play a part; I didn't post back then, but have been on the forum since the GJ days.  There's a lot of folk still here (& RIP those that departed too soon) & we were hardly  teenagers back then.  It would be interesting to see if say the 50+ age cohort tend to be more Cotts, Pearson fans wheras the veritable youngsters prefer a Manning type.

I suspect there would be a reasonable correlation.

But even then you have your Manning, Martin, Williamson, Williams types versus McKenna, and they are vastly different.

2 hours ago, TDarwall said:

Returning to the theme of bias, I was cheesed off when I heard the starting 11 on Sat. However on the evidence of the 1st half I was happy with how we played, despite him not making a selection change I thought was obvious & us being behind. Genuinely think some struggle with this & go a bit Frank Doberman when the same thing happens to them.

See, I wasn’t.  The last time I dissed a starting line-up was Newcastle (a) when we drew 2-2.  That was my lesson.

image.thumb.png.91f9ba39f6ccce4d7bb4491dffa2e3f3.png

I’m always willing to let the 11 show what they can do.  We have a set of fairly similar standard players, so I don’t worry too much.  All are capable of good and bad performances.  It might not be the team I’d pick, but that’s irrelevant.

I would’ve been more disappointed had he switched to a back-3 at h-t on Saturday.  At least he stuck to his 4231 guns, just tweaked the personnel.

• Like 1