IGNORED

Liam Manning’s Cider Army - ???

redordead1

44 minutes ago, cotswoldred2 said:

Or both halves of a football match to formulate an opinion on whether we should sack Manning, Tins, the board and accept we are bottom three, and the recruitment in the Summer was pants.

madman I think from you facepalm I was at odds with you, not so, I am not, you are a breath of fresh air.

• Like 1

• Admin
13 hours ago, Henry said:

I suggest you find better pubs and friends if that’s how you spend your match days.

Usual bizarre behaviour considering your position.

I will try not to drink or listen to conversations about OTIB in the Spanish, BS3 or Lions anymore then, but when people are raising concerns about posts made on the forum I will always listen

One day you may figure out the difference between having an opinion as a poster and administering a forum, though as myself and other mods know from your past you struggle with this, I look forward to your next boring dig at me

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I never boo…don’t see the point, but if you want to, that’s up to you.

We can all support Bristol City however we like, and in whatever form we like.  I don’t like the “forced” view that you have to all do it the same way.

Agree entirely.

The human race is rapidly losing the ability to disagree amicably. I see / hear people all around me who have contrary views to my own....just because I don't agree with them doesn't invalidate their argument or vice versa.

I just don't see it the same way. We cannot (and must not) be swayed by the loudest voices without due diligence and objective personal thought. You don't see it the same as me....good for you.  Let's agree to disagree. 

• Like 3

I thought it was a strange banner after back to back 3-0 away defeats.

I am not knocking the support, but just found it a bit odd to come out with a huge banner in huge support for Manning after dishing up two of the worst performances I can remember in the last 18 months in the last two games.

Fair enough if it was after a resounding great start to the season, and fair enough if it was to goad Oxford fans, but he hasn't earned my respect yet to warrant such overwhelming support 'In Manning we trust' style - not for me, hasn't done enough to prove himself.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, phantom said:

I will try not to drink or listen to conversations about OTIB in the Spanish, BS3 or Lions anymore then, but when people are raising concerns about posts made on the forum I will always listen

What's so concerning about my posts that it causes people to approach you and talk about them? 

51 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

What's so concerning about my posts that it causes people to approach you and talk about them? 

Schrodingers forum - both a non representative sample of the fanbase and widely discussed all round the ground.

On the banner itself and the wider conversation, there is a case that Liam hasn’t done anything to “merit” a banner. But by the same token, Harry Cornick hasn’t done anything to justify his catchy song, Scott Twine ditto. Yet their songs get sung and there’s nothing for Dickie, Tanner, Pring and other deserving cases - sometimes banners and songs aren’t a meritocracy and people probably need to appreciate that. And the song is xxxx xxxx’s cider army, so it does make sense. And if Oxford fans are singing “Manning Manning what’s the score” then I think people have to expect the home fans to retort in kind. 

The thing I think that is the wider point here is that banners, by their very nature, are more visible and tend to be seen as the “narrative” of a club. We’ve all seen “JT - Captain, Leader, Legend” - I’d be willing to bet that some Chelsea fans think he’s a right **** but if you asked anyone, they’d say the Chelsea fans love JT to a man. If you add in as well that the club have been quite heavily pushing the banner (and no, I in no way think they were involved) then you can see how a narrative could be created that everything is rosy in the garden.

And I think that’s the bottom line and it goes back to how well judged things were. Nobody is fool enough to say everyone wants Manning sacked and nobody is fool enough to say everyone backs him. If people want to chant Liams name or create a banner then who are any of us to stop them. But by the same token, I thought the original statement was a bit misjudged and everyone should respect each persons right to support in their own way and acknowledge that just as this forum doesn’t speak for all fans, nor does S82 - even if that is the narrative the club often push (and understandably - they’re the most colourful, vocal and come over well on social media).

But a bad outcome for all of us, and a possible outcome, is for those morons running the club to look at the display and think everything is awesome. And as long as that doesn’t happen (and if it does, it’s on them and not S82), I’m not going to get particularly het up about it and probably neither should anyone else.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Schrodingers forum - both a non representative sample of the fanbase and widely discussed all round the ground.

On the banner itself and the wider conversation, there is a case that Liam hasn’t done anything to “merit” a banner. But by the same token, Harry Cornick hasn’t done anything to justify his catchy song, Scott Twine ditto. Yet their songs get sung and there’s nothing for Dickie, Tanner, Pring and other deserving cases - sometimes banners and songs aren’t a meritocracy and people probably need to appreciate that. And the song is xxxx xxxx’s cider army, so it does make sense. And if Oxford fans are singing “Manning Manning what’s the score” then I think people have to expect the home fans to retort in kind. 

The thing I think that is the wider point here is that banners, by their very nature, are more visible and tend to be seen as the “narrative” of a club. We’ve all seen “JT - Captain, Leader, Legend” - I’d be willing to bet that some Chelsea fans think he’s a right **** but if you asked anyone, they’d say the Chelsea fans love JT to a man. If you add in as well that the club have been quite heavily pushing the banner (and no, I in no way think they were involved) then you can see how a narrative could be created that everything is rosy in the garden.

And I think that’s the bottom line and it goes back to how well judged things were. Nobody is fool enough to say everyone wants Manning sacked and nobody is fool enough to say everyone backs him. If people want to chant Liams name or create a banner then who are any of us to stop them. But by the same token, I thought the original statement was a bit misjudged and everyone should respect each persons right to support in their own way and acknowledge that just as this forum doesn’t speak for all fans, nor does S82 - even if that is the narrative the club often push (and understandably - they’re the most colourful, vocal and come over well on social media).

But a bad outcome for all of us, and a possible outcome, is for those morons running the club to look at the display and think everything is awesome. And as long as that doesn’t happen (and if it does, it’s on them and not S82), I’m not going to get particularly het up about it and probably neither should anyone else.

I think you've nailed that fella.

When I saw it...my first reaction was, ' how the hell does Manning warrant a banner '.

Then...imo...it just sounded and looked like something the Club would make, especially with the plastic flag waving. 

I really didn't think it was something that Section 82 would do. Just looks out of character to me. 

Plus the Club were pushing the narrative of Liam Manning's Cider Army. 

I had to convince myself that it wasn't done by the Club. 

It would be nice to know why S82 decided on that slogan though. 

No comment so far on that apart from threats 🙄🥱🙈🤷

So it's understandable imo, why some thought it seemed 'Club initiated '. 

What also highlighted the Club having an influence, is what @petehinton posted earlier in the thread, regarding JL having banners removed and a say on what's shown. 

Fair play to S82 with their efforts. 

However I won't be joining in the chant. 

If however it was ' Bristol City's Cider Army' I would. 

Each to their own .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, spudski said:

I think you've nailed that fella.

When I saw it...my first reaction was, ' how the hell does Manning warrant a banner '.

Then...imo...it just sounded and looked like something the Club would make, especially with the plastic flag waving. 

I really didn't think it was something that Section 82 would do. Just looks out of character to me. 

Plus the Club were pushing the narrative of Liam Manning's Cider Army. 

I had to convince myself that it wasn't done by the Club. 

It would be nice to know why S82 decided on that slogan though. 

No comment so far on that apart from threats 🙄🥱🙈🤷

So it's understandable imo, why some thought it seemed 'Club initiated '. 

What also highlighted the Club having an influence, is what @petehinton posted earlier in the thread, regarding JL having banners removed and a say on what's shown. 

Fair play to S82 with their efforts. 

However I won't be joining in the chant. 

If however it was ' Bristol City's Cider Army' I would. 

Each to their own .

The club had absolutely no involvement with either the banner or the flags. 

• Hmmm 1