IGNORED

Bulut gets the Bullet [Merged]

Northern Red

5 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Just as an aside, a certain Devon-based ex manager of the club was in attendance yesterday due to the Sol Bamba commemoration event they had.

They will leave it for a couple of weeks, then appoint him a few days before they play us 🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Sure there’s a lot who’ll want that job because of the league, and their training facilities, but they’re one of my dark horses for relegation. 

Been circling the drain for years, and their squad this year is very very weak. 

We can but pray.

Despise them.

11 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Warnock surely?

After his Aberdeen stint, let’s hope so, senile old ******.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, mozo said:

I've never even heard of him!

It's interesting that Rohl is struggling at Wednesday so far. I wonder how it will pan out for him.

Yes, huge fuss over him last season, and rightly so, but never easy to build from where they were.  Similar with Cifuentes to some extent.  Second season syndrome, sometimes you get sussed out.  Best part of 3/4 of a season of seeing their way of playing.

50 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

Damn. Agent Bulut has been unmasked and expelled. 
Time to activate one of our other undercover operatives to finish the job he started.. 😜

Job for LJ. 

Had him pencilled in for The Sags but their current manager, aided and abetted by our ex-players, is doing the business at the moment.

44 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, huge fuss over him last season, and rightly so, but never easy to build from where they were.  Similar with Cifuentes to some extent.  Second season syndrome, sometimes you get sussed out.  Best part of 3/4 of a season of seeing their way of playing.

Well Wednesday have got WBA next, then a visit to the Gate, so let's hope Rohl doesn't resolve their issues until after October 2nd!

• Robin 1

Surprised there isn’t a thread running already. Inevitable, really. It had become a question of not if, but when. Their next manager will be their 12th in 14 years under Vincent Tan, apparently, which is a fairly eye-watering statistic. I am as underwhelmed by our own ownership as anyone on OTIB, but nevertheless this does perhaps put things in perspective. 

• The title was changed to Bulut gets the Bullet [Merged]
1 hour ago, CliftonCliff said:

Surprised there isn’t a thread running already. Inevitable, really. It had become a question of not if, but when. Their next manager will be their 12th in 14 years under Vincent Tan, apparently, which is a fairly eye-watering statistic. I am as underwhelmed by our own ownership as anyone on OTIB, but nevertheless this does perhaps put things in perspective. 

That despite being trigger-happy with their managers, they've STILL done better than us?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

That despite being trigger-happy with their managers, they've STILL done better than us?

It's a fair point, of course, but personally I don't think I'd care to swap places with them. I may be proved wrong, but it seems likely to me that such a chronic level of instability and discontinuity will catch up with them in the end. They had a relegation struggle the season before last, steadied the ship a bit last time and finished about the same as us, but are now all over the place again and going for another reset. Nothing's certain in football and they might recover and do well this season under yet another new coach, but more often than not a revolving door policy on that scale eventually results in a decline. Birmingham probably currently the most high profile and obvious example. (They may well come straight back up, looking at their recruitment, but then again, they might not. It's not always that predictable.)

Cardiff may have briefly made the PL, but I can't say I feel particularly envious, looking at what they've done subsequently and where they are now. Their squad doesn't look that bad to me on paper - not great, but not relegation material either, I'd have thought, but once the rot sets in It can be a bugger to try and drag yourselves out of that bottom three. The next managerial appointment is crucial for them. Get this one wrong and I think they're probably in for the drop. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HengroveReds said:

Nige to go in and steady the sinking ship.. watch this space! 

I'd be amazed, frankly. He's not that long ago done a slow, painstaking job of rescuing us from the folly of inept owners, and restoring stability. At his age and with his recent health history, would he really to have to do all that again and take on another autocratic and flaky, rich man's toy? I'd credit him with more sense than that. A return of Warnock, as improbable as that might be, still seems more likely than NP. I'd have thought.

• Like 5