IGNORED

Erling Haaland

Clevedon Red

2 hours ago, Clevedon Red said:

100 goals in 105 appearances. Absolutely phenomenal but god is he fugly. Reminds me a little bit of Parker in Thunderbirds.

Just seen a picture of his girlfriend..

I bet he’s absolutely devastated at your opinion of his looks.

• Haha 3
  • Facepalm 1

8 hours ago, Robbored said:

Not yet - Alan Shearer and Thierry Henry were better all round players. Haaland is a luxury player, a one trick pony.

Henry and Shearer might be better all round players. Haaland is the better striker.

You want your striker to score goals…which he does better than Henry and Shearer.

I would rather have Haaland in my side for that very purpose.

• Like 4

Absolutely can't knock the guys record, it's phenomenal! 

His job does become a whole lot easier in the Man City team though.

If he played for us, or Everton or Southampton etc, I'm not sure he'd get away with doing so little & wouldn't have chance after chance laid on a plate for him.

I'd imagine that Shearer in his prime, in this Man City team would have similar goal returns & offer more & probably add goals that EH can't score.

Still, what an unbelievable,  consistent level of return from any striker.! 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, The Coach said:

Henry and Shearer might be better all round players. Haaland is the better striker.

You want your striker to score goals…which he does better than Henry and Shearer.

It’s subjective Coach. Personally I’d rather have Thierry Henry in my team than Haaland because of what else he brought to the Gunners apart from scoring goals many of which were brilliant. He was an integral part of the invincibles.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Henry in his prime, or haaland? I couldn't pick there, Henry was very very entertaining as a neutral

Henry every time. He was the perfect striker who made many of his goals himself thru his instinct and ability to beat players at pace.

Haaland although quick rarely beats anyone and I can’t remember ever seeing him jink his way thru several defenders as Henry used to.

Thierry Henry was the greatest striker in the PL era in my opinion.

• Facepalm 2

34 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Henry every time. He was the perfect striker who made many of his goals himself thru his instinct and ability to beat players at pace.

Haaland although quick rarely beats anyone and I can’t remember ever seeing him jink his way thru several defenders as Henry used to.

In fairness, Henry never dominated defenders physically like Haaland does because it wasn’t his game. Just like you wouldn’t expect Haaland to go on a mazy dribble.

Judging Haaland on the fact he didn’t go on a jinking run shows a fundamental lack of understanding of football that I am not surprised coming from you!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, grifty said:

In fairness, Henry never dominated defenders physically like Haaland does because it wasn’t his game. Just like you wouldn’t expect Haaland to go on a mazy dribble.

Judging Haaland on the fact he didn’t go on a jinking run shows a fundamental lack of understanding of football that I am not surprised coming from you!

It's like saying George Best or David Beckham were rubbish because they couldn't head the ball very well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grifty said:

We’re talking about PL strikers here grifty.

Henry didn’t need to bully defenders although he was difficult get off the ball. His brilliance was the ability to beat defenders with skill and pace and he did it his entire career.

I’m not say that Haaland isn’t a terrific goalscorer but that many are laid on a plate for him. Many are tap ins. Henty on the other hand didn’t get many tap ins. Many of his goals he created himself.

10 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Henry didn’t need to bully defenders although he was difficult get off the ball. His brilliance was the ability to beat defenders with skill and pace and he did it his entire career.

I’m not say that Haaland isn’t a terrific goalscorer but that many are laid on a plate for him. Many are tap ins. Henty on the other hand didn’t get many tap ins. Many of his goals he created himself.

Different era, different players and a different game. They are both great strikers. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Like the tap in yesterday? 

If all his goals were simple tap ins then why don’t  any of these teams that play against him, in the Prem and other leagues he tore up, just man mark him?

Here are his goals, for you to see. 

Edited by RedorDead BCFC
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

If he played for us, or Everton or Southampton etc, I'm not sure he'd get away with doing so little & wouldn't have chance after chance laid on a plate for him.

I'd imagine that Shearer in his prime, in this Man City team would have similar goal returns & offer more & probably add goals that EH can't score.

I think that does him a disservice. 

If it was as simple as playing in the Man City team then others would have similar impressive records but they don't. 

Haaland isn't a player like Kane who's going to drop into midfield and be involved in the build up, you wouldn't want a player like him doing that. 

If you watch Haaland closely off the ball he is a constant nuisance. Always looking to make a run etc. He may do little on the ball (because thats not his game) but off the ball he is very busy and a constant threat. 

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

I'd say it's Haaland that fits the criteria of perfect striker more. Has bags of pace and strength and scores all types of goals. 

Haaland rarely beats anyone? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Firstly you have to consider it in the context that most teams park the bus against Man City so naturally there is less space to run at, but many of his goals come from his pace. 

Haaland doesnt need to jink his way through defenders because he can smash it in with ease from the edge of the area. 

29 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I've just watched this -

Think I can only see 1 or 2 goals that were laid on a plate for him or tap ins. 

Most of them are extremly well-executed and finished. Haaland has an extreme amount of skill in getting himself into a position to score and then has incredible technical finishing ability. 

Haaland will go on to be the best ever player to be born in this country. 

• Like 3

The second best striker in the world, behind Kane?  

He is built like a Norse God and will go down in history.  Just need Norway to qualify for a major tournament to see what he could do on that stage.

Come on Norway, may Thor and Odin give you strength!

4 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

His goals for Molde, Salzburg and Dortmund didn't happen then?

He wouldn't be doing "as little" for any other manager than Pep. His goals at previous teams were not just tap ins.

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

You’re comparing apples and pears.

Saying his goals are laid on a plate is doing him a massive disservice, his movement is fantastic combined with his pace and power to bully defenders.

22 minutes ago, BobBobBobbin said:

His goals for Molde, Salzburg and Dortmund didn't happen then?

He wouldn't be doing "as little" for any other manager than Pep. His goals at previous teams were not just tap ins.

Nobody is saying he isn't great!

No question that he wouldn't score the same amount of Goals for Everton as he does for Man City though.

They are lucky to have him, but equally, he is lucky to have that team around him. 

1 hour ago, TV Tom said:

Lineker and Greaves were the same, hardly touched the ball outside of the box but two of the best goal scorers England have ever had

Great goalscorers but maybe not great "footballers"?

Haaland is a goalscoring machine, fair play. But he has little else to his game. He's just bloody brilliant at one thing.

He doesn't compare to the likes of Ronaldo or Messi for me, and he doesn't score goals like Henry and Shearer used to. I'd rather watch any of them over Haaland... even Kane has more to his game.

• Like 2

Only 1 way I’d seek to settle this argument. 

In your Fantasy Team, you have a front 3 of Haaland, Shearer & Henry. 

They all have a home match versus a bottom 3 team. 

Which one of them do you select as your captain for double points??? 

Answer is Haaland. 

Edited by Harry
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Harry said:

Answer is Haaland. 

You are only allowed to watch one more football match in your life. It's prime Man City with either Haaland, Henry or Shearer, also in their prime. Who would you rather watch?

Answer, in order of preference is:

1) Henry

2) Shearer

3) Haaland

😉

8 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

You are only allowed to watch one more football match in your life. It's prime Man City with either Haaland, Henry or Shearer, also in their prime. Who would you rather watch?

1) Henry

2) Shearer

3) Haaland

😉

100% Thierry Henry every time 

2 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Haaland is a goalscoring machine, fair play. But he has little else to his game. He's just bloody brilliant at one thing.

He doesn't compare to the likes of Ronaldo or Messi for me, and he doesn't score goals like Henry and Shearer used to. I'd rather watch any of them over Haaland... even Kane has more to his game.

Can’t argue with any of that, I kept telling my boys that Messi and Ronaldo were freaks of nature and something I’ve never seen in my 60 years of watching football and they should cherish them because they’ll never see the likes again, I agree in regards to the other names you mention as well that they definitely had more to their game than Haaland has but while Haaland has an average near enough to a goal a game in the last few years you can’t knock it. All Haaland, Lineker and Greaves ever did/do was score buckets of goals but apart from that they are/were shit!!!!!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

1) Henry

2) Shearer

3) Haaland

😉

Yep. 100% it’s Henry in that situation. 
But, the most aesthetically pleasing of the 3 is not the question. 
Come on boy, answer my question - which one is your captain for double points. 
It’s Haaland every time. As he’s more likely to bag 3 or 4 goals than the others. 

And. If we’re narrowing the question down to “which one player would you want to see for one more match” then all 3 of those don’t get anywhere near. 

43 minutes ago, Harry said:

Yep. 100% it’s Henry in that situation. 
But, the most aesthetically pleasing of the 3 is not the question. 
Come on boy, answer my question - which one is your captain for double points. 
It’s Haaland every time. As he’s more likely to bag 3 or 4 goals than the others. 

And. If we’re narrowing the question down to “which one player would you want to see for one more match” then all 3 of those don’t get anywhere near. 

Who's the answer to that last question? 

For me it's Guti. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Charlie0016 said:

Best ever striker in the prem 

Goalscorer yes...... at the moment possibly, but  in the past   I rate Henry and Bergkamp as better footballing strikers, to name just two.  But his goalscoring ratio cannot be challenged

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Will Rollason said:

How are we feeling about him bouncing the ball off Gabriel's head when he wasn't looking? i thought it was funny as **** tbh, looking forward to a spicy return fixture

Would you of found it funny had the Oxford scorer did it to one of our players on Saturday?

11 hours ago, The Coach said:

I would have Shearer and Henry in my side before Haaland

but thats what football is all about 

opinions

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Wow

Are you really saying Greaves was not a great footballer?

might want to ask fans who watched him play

Agree with you about Lineker

22 hours ago, Robbored said:

Not yet - Alan Shearer and Thierry Henry were better all round players. Haaland is a luxury player, a one trick pony.

Nowhere near the best. Not great to watch, you can see why Keane at times referred to league two standard. He can’t score a worldly or take on 4 or 5 players like Drogba, Henry, Aguero - they were all superior. Kane is also a better player. 

5 minutes ago, Charlie0016 said:

Id rather have Haaland in my team over then 

Wow. Henry was the best in PL history. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Maltshoveller said:

Are you really saying Greaves was not a great footballer?

might want to ask fans who watched him play

As a schoolboy Greaves was on a different planet to everyone else and we boys all tried to copy him but with only limited football on TV we didn’t see that much but what we did see was awesome. He was a terrific footballer.

If he were around today with the extra protection for players he’d be truly amazing on a par with Thierry Henry.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, TV Tom said:

Lineker and Greaves were the same, hardly touched the ball outside of the box but two of the best goal scorers England have ever had

Remember reading a comment by a central defender about his experience playing against Greaves.

He said that after 85 minutes he was congratulating himself as he hadn't allowed Greaves a kick or a sniff of a chance all game.

Come the final whistle Greaves had scored twice and won the game!

Especially bearing in mind his drinking and smoking, he was a fantastic player - Greaves that is! - probably the best striker/goalscorer in my lifetime

• Like 3

Just now, downendcity said:

Remember reading a comment by a central defender about his experience playing against Greaves.

He said that after 85 minutes he was congratulating himself as he hadn't allowed Greaves a kick or a sniff of a chance all game.

Come the final whistle Greaves had scored twice and won the game!

Especially bearing in mind his drinking and smoking, he was a fantastic player - Greaves that is! - probably the best striker/goalscorer in my lifetime

Many who remember Greaves would say the same 

23 hours ago, Robbored said:

You're such a barometer of a wrong opinion that I actually check out who puts likes on your posts as they are clearly also raging nutjobs to be afforded a wide berth.

Yes he's a one trick pony, but, his "one trick" is to score a shit ton more goals more than anyone else at the level. Which, if you haven't been paying attention, is basically the entire ******* point of this game we all love called football. 

Having said that I agree with the comments about the likes of Shearer and Henry being more entertaining to watch. Unless Captain Obvious makes them.

• Flames 1

10 hours ago, Harry said:

Answer is Haaland. 

Can’t argue with that Harry… Haaland somehow got three bonus points too against Arsenal, he’s an FPL God.

5 hours ago, downendcity said:

image.png.058e838be35ec9a7e293d8413707a2ab.png

"Hold my beer!"

On 23/09/2024 at 08:26, fanjita said:

“Fugly” I’ll give you Cole Palmer

5 hours ago, downendcity said:

image.png.058e838be35ec9a7e293d8413707a2ab.png

"Hold my beer!"

18 hours ago, pillred said:

I'll raise you, Anthony Gordon.

Ok, you win laugh.

Edited by pillred
  • Like 1

On 23/09/2024 at 07:30, The Coach said:

Imagine how many goals prime Shearer would have scored in that Man City team in the current era with the quality of defenders around now. 

• Confused 1