IGNORED

Wimbledon…

Silvio Dante

18 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

That is terrible for a newish stadium .

I wonder who has to foot the bill for that , surely that is faulty planning or design. 

No, if it's been properly surveyed and signed off before construction then there is no liability back to the developer.

Sink holes appear out of nowhere and old unmapped mineshafts appear all the time, there was a big one last week.

DEEP TROUBLE

Major route closed for construction has work thrown into chaos after ancient ‘unmapped’ mine opens up in the middle

The 'black hole' mineshaft could run hundreds of feet deep

Jacob Jaffa, Motors Reporter

Published: 11:09, 18 Sep 2024Updated: 15:10, 19 Sep 2024

long-spotted-stretch-land-prepared-93385

https://www.thesun.co.uk/motors/30503676/road-closed-chaos-ancient-unmapped-mine-cornwall/

1 minute ago, Eddie Hitler said:

No, if it's been properly surveyed and signed off before construction then there is no liability back to the developer.

Sink holes appear out of nowhere and old unmapped mineshafts appear all the time, there was a big one last week.

DEEP TROUBLE

Major route closed for construction has work thrown into chaos after ancient ‘unmapped’ mine opens up in the middle

The 'black hole' mineshaft could run hundreds of feet deep

Jacob Jaffa, Motors Reporter

Published: 11:09, 18 Sep 2024Updated: 15:10, 19 Sep 2024

long-spotted-stretch-land-prepared-93385

https://www.thesun.co.uk/motors/30503676/road-closed-chaos-ancient-unmapped-mine-cornwall/

@Rudolf Hucker's had her, I'm sure!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

The absolute here is that there is no chance of them playing there for a couple of months at least. I’d guess there will be an emergency ground share to someone like Charlton arranged. The biggest short term deal is that Newcastle game - they’ll clearly need to get that played quickly or I’d imagine forfeit. Possible switch to St James Park or you would hope one of the other London clubs would offer use of their stadium at short notice.

Logistical nightmare though.

5 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Didn't realise it was a sink hole. Had a quick look at the video and assumed it was water from below lifting the tuff/pitch

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

The absolute here is that there is no chance of them playing there for a couple of months at least. I’d guess there will be an emergency ground share to someone like Charlton arranged. The biggest short term deal is that Newcastle game - they’ll clearly need to get that played quickly or I’d imagine forfeit. Possible switch to St James Park or you would hope one of the other London clubs would offer use of their stadium at short notice.

Fulham and Chelsea are much closer, but possibly the more likely option would be Sutton United.  Utter disaster for them though.  They've gone through loads to get back to Plough Lane and now this.  Gotta feel for them.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

True, lucky it wasn’t Carlisle or Plymouth though.

Absolutely loads of grounds in their vicinity.

• Admin
2 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Certainly looks like a lot of work ahead to be getting that pitch not only safe but playable again

Bad timing that they are due to be home 3 times in a week

3 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

It would probably take first place in the Turner Prize!

From what I can gather though, it's not a sinkhole, but a - "sinkhole" (in quotes) which would indicate that it looks like one but isn't actually one.

image.png.6974fccc84898c990be96ff5560f52c0.png

Reminded me of the Kelloggs logo at first 

• Haha 1

A JustGiving page, external has been set up by Wombles fan Graham Stacey to raise funds to help Wimbledon repair the damage, with a target of £100,000.

Their cup opponents Newcastle are among those to help, pledging £15,000.

Fair play to Newcastle. I know its not much to them but still a kind gesture

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Red Cyril 2 said:

That's a bit petty is it not 

If you get talking on here about when we nearly went bust and that lot from Horefield stopped any possible Council help, then tried to buy the Stadium cheap as we were in trouble, you will see what emotions it stirs up.

Now think how Wimbledon fans think about a team that took not only their "Dons" name , but their place in the League. I think it is only natural . 

5 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

If you get talking on here about when we nearly went bust and that lot from Horefield stopped any possible Council help, then tried to buy the Stadium cheap as we were in trouble, you will see what emotions it stirs up.

Now think how Wimbledon fans think about a team that took not only their "Dons" name , but their place in the League. I think it is only natural . 

Hamnan tried to take them to Dublin as I recall.