IGNORED

Clever graphic design people…

ollywhyte

… can anyone help please? Random one I know!

I run a Sunday league football team in Plymouth. Our badge is below, I’m wondering if anyone here would be able to turn this into a blackout badge? Essentially everything that is currently black stays please. Then anything white or red goes transparent/no background.

We are getting a bright away kit but all sponsor, numbers etc will be black so thought it would look quite cool. If anyones able to do it then it would be much appreciated!!

image.png.86988b9d6c7e0ffbd7e1a18794595436.pngimage.png.86988b9d6c7e0ffbd7e1a18794595436.png

I'm not able to do anything you've requested unfortunately, but just wanted to say that's a quality badge!  I love gorillas and also grilling burgers so that badge is like a dream to me, except the Stoke part of course haha!

I would suggest not to bother changing the badge colour, i'm trying to imagine everything you've said and I reckon the badge you have would still look great on the light kit.  You've got plenty of black there already, when you think about it.

Anyway, come on you Grillers!

• Like 1

You've got a couple of options, even just black/transparent (it's always going to look a bit aliased/jagged): image.png.c4ea1a81fc66d9044345d92acffaac52.png or black (and other grey colours)/transparent (may look better as an image but might not print quite as well, I dunno): image.png.e48cdb5057e6cb688fd68d57ad5bedd3.png

If you want to do it yourself, just download paint dot net or some other similar free tool and use their magic wand / paint bucket and play around with the threshold!

Edited by IAmNick
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BeggyBlaggers said:

Do u have the original photoshop or illustrator file?

I don’t I’m afraid. This badge was actually very kindly made by @Swine a couple years ago so he might be able to help!

This might give you a better view of the badge/higher definition 

GrillersFINAL-02.png.e0ecc7aba38af174632

1 hour ago, IAmNick said:

You've got a couple of options, even just black/transparent (it's always going to look a bit aliased/jagged): image.png.c4ea1a81fc66d9044345d92acffaac52.png or black (and other grey colours)/transparent (may look better as an image but might not print quite as well, I dunno): image.png.e48cdb5057e6cb688fd68d57ad5bedd3.png

If you want to do it yourself, just download paint dot net or some other similar free tool and use their magic wand / paint bucket and play around with the threshold!

Thanks mate. I think I’ve attached a low resolution version when this is better. I will have a play around!

GrillersFINAL-02.png.e0ecc7aba38af174632

1 hour ago, reddogkev said:

I'm not able to do anything you've requested unfortunately, but just wanted to say that's a quality badge!  I love gorillas and also grilling burgers so that badge is like a dream to me, except the Stoke part of course haha!

I would suggest not to bother changing the badge colour, i'm trying to imagine everything you've said and I reckon the badge you have would still look great on the light kit.  You've got plenty of black there already, when you think about it.

Anyway, come on you Grillers!

Thanks mate! Brief history started a Sunday team sponsored by ‘Stoke bar & grill’ here in Plymouth.  We soon naturally became known as ‘The Grillers’ and Grillers = Gorillas (loosely 🤣

When sponsorship ended we decided to keep the team going under new name AFC Stoke but wanted to maintain our identity. The very talented @Swine put together the stunning badge which we use now capturing everything we stand for (grill, gorilla and the colours) and it’s easily the best badge I’ve come across down here! 

In our 4 years we’ve gone from Div 3 to Premier Division and currently sit 4th, 3 wins, a draw and one defeat to open!

Evening @ollywhyte. Hopefully this is what you're after. Here's the png and a preview of it showing the clear parts in pink.

I can send you a vector version and a working file in case you need it at any point. Let me know if you want these and we can sort something out (might have to be over email as I'm not sure whether I can attach those file formats in here).

Grillers FINAL BLACK (PREVIEW).png

Grillers FINAL BLACK.png

• Like 4

On 24/09/2024 at 21:17, Swine said:

Evening @ollywhyte. Hopefully this is what you're after. Here's the png and a preview of it showing the clear parts in pink.

I can send you a vector version and a working file in case you need it at any point. Let me know if you want these and we can sort something out (might have to be over email as I'm not sure whether I can attach those file formats in here).

Grillers FINAL BLACK (PREVIEW).png

Grillers FINAL BLACK.png

@Swine thank you so much for this and apologies for the delayed response. I’ve been bed bound last couple days really unwell wasn’t ignoring intentionally!

Top work and exactly what was needed. The resolution is good as is for its intended use mate so no need for anything extra. 

I will post a couple pics of the shirts when they are printed for anyone interested. Thanks again Swine 🪄