IGNORED

Next 3 games

Topper 123

Anyone think that the next 3 games are winnable if we go about them in a professional manner , plenty of aggression giving 100% for 90 odd minutes total concentration, talking to each other and taking nothing for granted ! After all this squad is now surely strong enough to put a run together COYR 

I'd struggle to see any 3 games in a row as winnable in this league, its always so competitive it's crazy!

And then that would mean we had won 4 in a row, which would be almost impossible! haha

What we don't want is another terrible 3-0 away loss, I'm going to tip a 1-1 draw against Swansea.

7 minutes ago, Topper 123 said:

Anyone think that the next 3 games are winnable if we go about them in a professional manner , plenty of aggression giving 100% for 90 odd minutes total concentration, talking to each other and taking nothing for granted ! After all this squad is now surely strong enough to put a run together COYR 

Every game is winnable this is the beauty of football. Winning consistently is altogether different.

Is our squad strong enough ? 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Topper 123 said:

The home games, yes, but Swansea will be tough.

7 points would be good. 5-6 decent. 

I’m once again going to say we are in the middle of what you’d class as the “easier” batch of fixtures. The first ten games were/are:

Hull, Millwall, Coventry, Derby, Blackburn, Oxford, Swansea, Sheff Weds, Cardiff, Boro

If you sat down before season start you’d probably call two of those contenders and expect the vast majority to be bottom half. So far, we’ve underachieved - two wins, two draws, two defeats and a lot of goals conceded.

So, on paper, yeah, the next few games do represent a good opportunity- but the batch before equally did. And I’d again state that in view of the “relative” difficulty that our position after those ten probably needs to be better than what our finishing position is likely to be if we’ve achieved a reasonable haul.

Next two after that are Stoke and Leeds. Post those two I think is where we can make a call where the season is genuinely headed before a run where up to and including Boxing Day we have Luton, Burnley, Norwich, West Brom, Sheffield United in eleven games - three of those in a row.

We don’t just have an opportunity in these next three - we have an opportunity we need to take in view of what’s on the horizon.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

58 minutes ago, Topper 123 said:

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 how long you been watching city 🙈🙈

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I’m once again going to say we are in the middle of what you’d class as the “easier” batch of fixtures. The first ten games were/are:

Hull, Millwall, Coventry, Derby, Blackburn, Oxford, Swansea, Sheff Weds, Cardiff, Boro

If you sat down before season start you’d probably call two of those contenders and expect the vast majority to be bottom half. So far, we’ve underachieved - two wins, two draws, two defeats and a lot of goals conceded.

So, on paper, yeah, the next few games do represent a good opportunity- but the batch before equally did. And I’d again state that in view of the “relative” difficulty that our position after those ten probably needs to be better than what our finishing position is likely to be if we’ve achieved a reasonable haul.

Next two after that are Stoke and Leeds. Post those two I think is where we can make a call where the season is genuinely headed before a run where up to and including Boxing Day we have Luton, Burnley, Norwich, West Brom, Sheffield United in eleven games - three of those in a row.

We don’t just have an opportunity in these next three - we have an opportunity we need to take in view of what’s on the horizon.

Well, when I said last week that these were four good games for us to turn things around, you said that wasn't a pertinent point, so with one W in the bag, it's all to play for mucker 😉 Anyway, now I crowbarred that dig in... :w00t:

I've been building up Swansea as a tough game, and I guess it will be. Our shitty away form is enough of a concern, but I was also going off the fact that they've just beaten Norwich and Coventry and seem to have decent goals against record.

I was just looking at those two wins on Sofascore (check me out @Davefevs!), and they seem to have been economical in winning those games. Their xG was around .7 in each game, and the number of good chances was low. They also seemed to soak up spells of pressure and chances for the opposition.

I never know with stats like that if that means that Swansea are genuinely efficient, or if they're riding their luck. Hopefully the latter and we can address that balance.

3 minutes ago, mozo said:

But if we beat Swansea and then extrapolate it?

If we win the next three then extrapolate we'll be on target for 85 points with a game to go.

I thought this was something you grow out of, but, err, not all of us, obviously.

I try to stay away from reimagining past games if I can. Until time travel is proved, there really is nothing we can do about pulling JB off with 5 to go at Hull, or taking our chances v Derby.

7 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

If we win the next three then extrapolate we'll be on target for 85 points with a game to go.

I thought this was something you grow out of, but, err, not all of us, obviously.

I try to stay away from reimagining past games if I can. Until time travel is proved, there really is nothing we can do about pulling JB off with 5 to go at Hull, or taking our chances v Derby.

No, we can't change the past, but we can take optimistic view on the near future, and we're just one win away from being on track.

(Pessimistically speaking, we are one defeat away from being off track...)

But I'll settle for a draw.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, mozo said:

Nice one. All I ask is that Manning ensures that we win on Sunday, and we then maintain that form trajectory. Simple.

Be nice wouldn't it. We'd be in a much healthier position if we'd converted performances into wins against Hull and Cov, even with the defeats that followed. But as mentioned there's nothing to be done there now. Still very early days, still could be an exciting season 🤞

20 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Be nice wouldn't it. We'd be in a much healthier position if we'd converted performances into wins against Hull and Cov, even with the defeats that followed. But as mentioned there's nothing to be done there now. Still very early days, still could be an exciting season 🤞

Could ! 👍

1 hour ago, BCFCGav said:

61 points extrapolated over a season. Would see us fall a good chunk short of the play-offs, which is the aim. 74 is par for 6th. 

Which is 1.6 points per game.

So 16 from the first 10 would be "on track".

So we need another 8 points from the next 4 games to hit that marker.

2 wins and 2 draws or better basically. We can lose one but would then need to win all 3 others.

This is all kind of meaningless really as it doesn't actually matter when you get your points. But, if people want to see us "up there", then we pretty much need to go unbeaten over the next four.

• Like 1