IGNORED

Predicted Lineup for Swansea

HengroveReds

Will be a tough game, it’s not the team which id want but think it’ll be best suited to this game, I’d tighten the midfield up & bring pring in for that experience and go: 

Oleary

Tanner Vyner McNally Pring

Bird Williams

Yu Knight Twine

Sincs

3 games in the next 7 days so changes will be made and players like roberts / sykes / Mehmeti / Wells / Fally will get more minutes depending on knocks and fitness etc 

Edited by HengroveReds

5 minutes ago, HengroveReds said:

Will be a tough game, it’s not the team which id want but think it’ll be best suited to this game, I’d tighten the midfield up & bring pring in for that experience and go: 

Oleary

Bird Williams

Yu Knight Twine

Sincs

3 games in the next 7 days so changes will be made and players like roberts / sykes / Mehmeti / Wells / Fally will get more minutes depending on knocks and fitness etc 

Roberts in place of Pring. If Williams is picked, which I think he will be, I'd drop Knight from your line up and play Twine central and Mehmeti left.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, HengroveReds said:

Oleary

Bird Williams

Yu Knight Twine

Sincs

Good morning Liam 😉

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, DaveInSA said:

That left side of the pitch is a massive problem isn’t it?

I don’t rate mehmeti. I put Sykes there because - who else? 

Pring has struggled - not his fault really - but rather a meandering Twine.IMG_4890.thumb.png.83a9bcfa5a1861d7dc2cf357a3df42c0.png

Nice yeah I think Pring gets the nod mainly due to his defensive duties up to Robert’s and Ronald of Swansea a tricky winger may get the best of Robert’s 1v1

Giving the potential conditions, I would START with

Max

Tanner Vyner McNally Roberts

Sykes Bird Knight Mehmeti

Twine

Sincs

Roberts is such a good footballer ( very underrated on here) and is more adaptable.

I'd start with Sykes and bring Yu on later. There is the option to bring Cam on and Williams/Naismith for a more solid looking line up.

If we want to get anywhere this season, we have to be looking at getting 3 points at places like this. Its all in the mindset of the head coach.

1 minute ago, Swede said:

Giving the potential conditions, I would START with

Max

Tanner Vyner McNally Roberts

Sykes Bird Knight Mehmeti

Twine

Sincs

Roberts is such a good footballer ( very underrated on here) and is more adaptable.

I'd start with Sykes and bring Yu on later. There is the option to bring Cam on and Williams/Naismith for a more solid looking line up.

If we want to get anywhere this season, we have to be looking at getting 3 points at places like this. Its all in the mindset of the head coach.

Oh dear.

1 hour ago, DaveInSA said:

That left side of the pitch is a massive problem isn’t it?

I don’t rate mehmeti. I put Sykes there because - who else? 

Pring has struggled - not his fault really - but rather a meandering Twine.IMG_4890.thumb.png.83a9bcfa5a1861d7dc2cf357a3df42c0.png

I'd go with that but probably swap Skyes & Yu

2 hours ago, HengroveReds said:

Oleary

Bird Williams

Yu Knight Twine

Sincs

Manning mentioned it being away in his Presser, I think that speaks towards how he is thinking so I think your XI will be close. Maybe Mehmeti for Yu as I wonder if Manning thinks he's ready for a rainy day in Wales.

If it was me though, I'd push Knight right to allow Twine into the middle. Maybe even drop into a sort of MF 3 and Twine and Yu/Mehmeti just behind Sinclair. 
But as we are talking predicted and not my line up, we will probably be the same as we started last week with a possibility of Yu for AM.

2 hours ago, HengroveReds said:

Oleary

Bird Williams

Yu Knight Twine

Sincs

Roberts cannot be dropped......it would send out completely the wrong message to the dressing room, Roberts was excellent last match, and should stay in the team.  Twine has to play at 10, and i would play Earthy instead of Williams?

I think Manning will go:

O' Leary

Bird Williams

Mehmeti Knight Twine

Sinclair 

Despite the second half v Oxford I still think he will revert to this line up. The clues were in the press conference and previous interviews where he's said a couple of times that Twine "wants to drift in from the left" , he mentioned something about Swansea "being away ". when talking about Yu, and about working on a couple of " defensive bits " re Roberts.

So being a tough away game in poor conditions I think he'll view Cam and Anis as stronger options defensively , same for Williams despite his errors.

7 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

I think Manning will go:

O' Leary

Bird Williams

Mehmeti Knight Twine

Sinclair 

Despite the second half v Oxford I still think he will revert to this line up. The clues were in the press conference and previous interviews where he's said a couple of times that Twine "wants to drift in from the left" , he mentioned something about Swansea "being away ". when talking about Yu, and about working on a couple of " defensive bits " re Roberts.

So being a tough away game in poor conditions I think he'll view Cam and Anis as stronger options defensively , same for Williams despite his errors.

Can’t say I consider Anis as a stronger defensive option.

He’s weak in the tackle, is slow to anticipate and respond to opponents runs and that then results in him normally trying to challenge from the wrong side.

I agree with you that tomorrow due to the conditions that a more robust side may start the game but if that’s the case I’d put Sykes ahead of Mehmeti.

Saying that, I’m not sure how much Twine would enjoy a wet and windy afternoon in Swansea.

1 hour ago, HengroveReds said:

Nice yeah I think Pring gets the nod mainly due to his defensive duties up to Robert’s and Ronald of Swansea a tricky winger may get the best of Robert’s 1v1

Ronald was terrible at Ashton Gate last season, culminating in him kicking a corner 5 yards straight out for a throw in to us.

I would start with both Pring and Roberts down the left. Going forward we are 4 2 3 1 with Pring furthest forward on the left. Defending we are a 5 4 1 with Roberts tucking in and Pring dropping back into left back.

O’Leary

Tanner.        Vyner.         McNally.     Roberts

Knight.         Bird

Yu/Sykes.             Twine.                 Pring

Armstrong

• Like 4

Lets bring in McGuane to protect the back 4                    

Max

Tanner   Vyner   McNally   Pring

McGuane

Knight    Bird      Roberts

Twine

Sincs    

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, MSN Red said:

I would start with both Pring and Roberts down the left. Going forward we are 4 2 3 1 with Pring furthest forward on the left. Defending we are a 5 4 1 with Roberts tucking in and Pring dropping back into left back.

O’Leary

Tanner.        Vyner.         McNally.     Roberts

Knight.         Bird

Yu/Sykes.             Twine.                 Pring

Armstrong

Nice. I'd be happy if he started with that team.

2 hours ago, maxjak said:

Roberts cannot be dropped......it would send out completely the wrong message to the dressing room, Roberts was excellent last match, and should stay in the team.  Twine has to play at 10, and i would play Earthy instead of Williams?

I don’t get where this “Robert’s was great last match” has come from, he was shocking first half and only improved second half because we changed how we have played all season which meant he got help on the left. Something Pring hasn’t had all season. I think people forget Robert’s was excellent as a left sided centre half last season not a left back or left wing back.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HengroveReds said:

Oleary

Bird Williams

Yu Knight Twine

Sincs

Spot on with that line up I’d say BUT I’d rather see Twine in place of Knight and Knight in place of Williams giving Mehmeti the wide left spot . 

Edited by Baldyman

3 hours ago, maxjak said:

Roberts was excellent last match, and should stay in the team.

He looked good going forward, but defensively he had a few lapses. Most notably in the first half where he fell asleep in our box only for the attacker to muck up.

On balance I'd keep him in, but could understand if Pring got the nod.

I'm not adverse to playing Roberts in front of Pring.

3 hours ago, CodeRed said:

I think Manning will go:

O' Leary

Bird Williams

Mehmeti Knight Twine

Sinclair 

"Anis a stronger option" you're not being serious are you?

If you want to be strong on left side you play Roberts and Pring who can support each other when one pushes forward.

2 hours ago, westonred said:

Lets bring in McGuane to protect the back 4                    

Max

Tanner   Vyner   McNally   Pring

McGuane

Knight    Bird      Roberts

Twine

Sincs    

Naismith can play the "protect" role, in fact that's the only slot for him as he is a liability as a last line defender.

• Facepalm 1

8 minutes ago, headhunter said:

"Anis a stronger option" you're not being serious are you?

If you want to be strong on left side you play Roberts and Pring who can support each other when one pushes forward.

It's not what I'd do, I'm predicting what Liam will do, he likes Mehmeti :facepalm:.