IGNORED

Sheffield Wednesday at home match thread

Jerseybean

2 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Didn’t lose I suppose, first clean sheet. Better team first half, much more even second half, but ultimately against a side that will be in the bottom ten come the end of the season, we managed two shots on target. Some chances from getting it wide, but diddly squat through the middle. Twine anonymous.

Twine appears to be the new Tomlin, played for a contract then nothing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Didn’t lose I suppose, first clean sheet. Better team first half, much more even second half, but ultimately against a side that will be in the bottom ten come the end of the season, we managed two shots on target. Some chances from getting it wide, but diddly squat through the middle. Twine anonymous.

Also, against a team who had lost all their away games before tonight.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

What was the point of signing Twine?

Well I said that plenty of times in the summer when some fans were crying we weren’t going to get him. I saw nothing last season or this to suggest he was worth the pursuit. We create very little chances . That second half was really poor . 

• Like 3

I usually get grief for saying anything anti-Manning, but can anyone really say that's he's doing anything to improve this team....

Can't manage to get a full 90 min decent performance, clearly not prepared to drop "Twiney" who is getting up there in the Tomlin / Dinning stakes of being half decent on loan and then a bag of shite once signed, just has scripted changes, unable to react to what other teams do in games.

I guess we'll have the usual vanilla bingo card interview.

I'm really not liking the Manning reign.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

We can only ever do one good half under Manning.

Yes. Second half we were invisible, we certainly didn’t do enough overall to win the game for me, in the end think LM settled for a point. Only ‘positive’ for me was we didn’t get done by a late SW goal which would have been typical BCFC.

Game in a word, frustrating.

SW will be happy with an away point, we should be really disappointed by the result and the overall performance/tactics.

1 minute ago, pillred said:

Did he play for a contract? He was crap on loan and he's crap now. Because he's crap. Slow, weak, not a particularly good passer of the ball, not a particularly good dribbler, not a particularly good finisher.

He's JWP without the actual dead ball ability.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

Left at 80 mins as I just cannot be ****** with watching another 10/15 of that shite in order to add another hour onto my journey home.   Never done that in my life at any game.   But this football is just killing my enthusiasm completely.   It’s just utterly utterly joyless and toothless.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, pillred said:

Though I'd argue he wasn't all that last season either. Certainly in my opinion not worth spending the whole summer chasing after him and then almost certainly paying over the odds for him. I think Burnley had our pants down. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, BobBobBobbin said:

Did he play for a contract? He was crap on loan and he's crap now. Because he's crap. Slow, weak, not a particularly good passer of the ball, not a particularly good dribbler, not a particularly good finisher.

One of our more disappointing signings especially considering how much we paid for him.

Zero threat in front of goal. 

We knew that was the problem at the end of last season and had the whole Summer transfer window and time on the grass, plus eight games of this season to resolve it …. and we look less likely to score than ever. 

Potentially had a pot of around £8 million to sort it with a decent striker and we’ve blown it on Twine - who is no better than Bird, if even his equal - Armstrong who is miles off being a regular Championship scorer and is getting worse and less threatening every game - and some bloke from Austria that doesn’t get ahead of aging Wells who put in one of his worse sub performances in a City shirt.

Sigh … we’ll do well to tread water this season.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sw_bcfc said:

These results are made even worse by October and November’s fixtures. This could get out of hand for Manning quickly.

That’s the worry. We have not really played a fancied team yet, then they all come in a rush. Playing against a high energy side that has a good high press could see us mullered.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BobBobBobbin said:

Possibly a player that looked good in opposition, but for whatever reasons we aren't getting the best out of him.

Just now, CiderHider said:

They came here to play neggy football in front of a worldwide audience and make us look bad, ugly club and the ref is a filthy GASHEAD 

A lot of positives though, i know Manning will get slated, but we are making progress.

Progress? Whatever you say 😂

• Like 1

Well that was frustrating. Felt like a vintage City home game where we don't look clinical and the opposition rip out our soul. 

I didn't like the subs. I know Wells and Sykes combined very well in one instance but I think we still needed the presence up front and it looked ideal for Mayulu to have a run. 

And Twine should have come off much earlier.

Hopefully Earthy and McCrorie can be ready for gametime on Sunday because they both could have contributed today with some verve.

Well it's bloody annoying, but I guess if we beat Cardiff everything will be okay. GOT TO BEAT CARDIFF!

Edited by mozo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, YorkshireSection said:

I can see why Conway jumped ship.

The owners of this football club are simply keeping us from moving forward whilst they try to sell us as an established championship club, they know we dont have the tools to achieve success, its cheaper to tread water whilst looking for new investment. We need the Lansdowns out ASAP.

Makes the Pearson debacle even more ridiculous

They could have saved his pay off, Mannings compo to Oxford, £10m in the summer and we would still be more competitive than we are now 

• Like 11
  • Flames 3

1 minute ago, cidercity1987 said:

Makes the Pearson debacle even more ridiculous

They could have saved his pay off, Mannings compo to Oxford, £10m in the summer and we would still be more competitive than we are now 

If Pearson remained and we gave him the backing Manning got. I honestly believe we would be a top 6 side right now.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4
  • Flames 1

13 minutes ago, One Team said:

Last 20 minutes of the first half were OK but we failed to capitalise on the chances. The second half was possibly the worst home performance on Manning’s time with us, truly woeful in every respect and lucky not to concede on a couple of occasions. 

The booing at full time says it all.

Manning will say the fans booed at the final whistle because they wanted to see even more of his wonderful “ front foot football”.

The spoilsport ref should have added on at least another ten minutes to allow  the fans to feast on the exhilarating football he’s delivering.

Just now, Jose said:

Progress? Whatever you say 😂

When Earthy starts, Dickie and Bell are back you'll see, but there is no disguising the stats, Mehmeti needs to be benched and Armstrong is not going to score 10 goals this season even if he plays 90s min, time to start Wells and not mess about anymore.

• Haha 1