IGNORED

Sheffield Wednesday at home match thread

Jerseybean

Just now, HoldenBall said:

Truly wasting our best squad in years with this below par head coach. Nothing is going to change with Manning in charge.. 

Truly wasted our best opportunity in years with poor recruitment and the appointment of this head coach. Nothing will change at this club with Lansdown in charge. 

• Like 2
  • Flames 2

I said at HT that this was two poor sides, but we got worse after the break. We offered absolutely nothing in attack and Wednesday had more intent, pressing higher up. We had no answer. 

Yet again, Manning’s in-game management lacked any spontaneity or creativity. To keep Twine on until the 83rd minute was mental. I don’t see it getting any better under Manning. It’s all too passive. 

Edited by tin
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Atlanta_Red said:

You’d have to seriously wonder if this lot, with these tactics and the way they’re coached, would actually beat that lot from across the river. 

We are still a mediocre championship team and they are still a mediocre league 1 team... its got draw written all over it

• Like 1

Last 20 minutes of the first half were OK but we failed to capitalise on the chances. The second half was possibly the worst home performance on Manning’s time with us, truly woeful in every respect and lucky not to concede on a couple of occasions. 

The booing at full time says it all.

Didn’t lose I suppose, first clean sheet. Better team first half, much more even second half, but ultimately against a side that will be in the bottom ten come the end of the season, we managed two shots on target. Some chances from getting it wide, but diddly squat through the middle. Twine anonymous.

So frustrating to watch. Just can't seem to beat these teams who sit back. 

Yu was really good. Thought our centre halves were good - McNally aerially and Vyner with good distribution. Knight and Williams mostly controlled midfield, but a bit flat 2nd half. Twine poor. Sykes and Wells lacked control.

A clean sheet at last I guess. Get 3 pts against Cardiff (I'll be there) and not too bad run of results.

Edit - if Bird was to play, I'd rather he came on for Williams and Earthy played the 10 role, isn't that why we loaned him??

Edited by HOZDA
  • Like 1
  • Flames 1

Just now, Numero Uno said:

Second half was ******* dreadful. By making the subs he did he managed to suck every last bit of life out the game, not that there was a lot as it was.

Cant make it Sunday and I’m not upset at all. “Greater chance of success”😂😂😂

Shocking. I’m not travelling again on Sunday. Sky for me, can’t be bothered. Manning ball is soul destroying, I’d sooner watch paint dry. 

• Like 2

Just now, HOZDA said:

So frustrating to watch. Just can't seem to beat these teams who sit back. 

Yu was really good. Thought our centre halves were good - McNally aerially and Vyner with good distribution. Knight and Williams mostly controlled midfield, but a bit flat 2nd half. Twine poor. Sykes and Wells lacked control.

A clean sheet at last I guess. Get 3 pts against Cardiff (I'll be there) and not too bad run of results.

Was Yu really good? His final ball is also poor! 

• Like 1