IGNORED

Another great night for Celtic

sticks 1969

2 minutes ago, Baba Yaga said:

Meanwhile they have played 6 games in the Scottish Prem and yet to concede a goal.

That's the problem for them. St Johnstone on Saturday followed by Dortmund. They are rarely tested in the league.

• Like 4

Just now, Super said:

That's the problem for them. St Johnstone on Saturday followed by Dortmund. They are rarely tested in the league.

Exactly - they probably don't need to bother trying to defend.

Win one game 5-1 and still end up with a - GD from 2 games..

2 minutes ago, Super said:

The main problem is Rodgers refuses to learn.  If you set your team up in the Champions league as you do for St Johnstone away, you’re going to get some serious drubbings.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

He was on the bench for Dundee Saturday.Lost to Aberdeen and didn't get on the pitch.

Make of that what you will.

Saw him earlier in the season play for Dundee at Easter Road against Hibs, and he was poor. 

And that despite a decent showing from Dundee generally, against a very poor Hibs. 

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Saw him earlier in the season play for Dundee at Easter Road against Hibs, and he was poor. 

And that despite a decent showing from Dundee generally, against a very poor Hibs. 

Yeah, he's not coming back here and making the first team squad.

They have capacity and capability to spend more on fees and wages than they do but they choose not to...their Income can be comparable to sides Ajax, Benfica, Porto, Sporting Lisbon, would have to look into it further but strong Cash Reserves and accumulated FFP Profits.. 

Well perhaps not Ajax but some of the others yeah.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Facepalm 1

Celtic were live on tv here in Praia de Rocha with 4 Celtic fans sat watching them getting stuffed……..…:rofl2br:I spoke to one, a lady and quipped  “I see  Celtic are getting hammered again in Europe” she retorted with “we won are first one tho”

I didn’t have the heart to comment any further………..:dunno:

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Celtic were live on tv here in Praia de Rocha with 4 Celtic fans sat watching them getting stuffed……..…:rofl2br:I spoke to one, a lady and quipped  “I see  Celtic are getting hammered again in Europe” she retorted with “we won are first one tho”

I didn’t have the heart to comment any further………..:dunno:

cool

• Haha 2

Chatting earlier with of very amusing bunch of Jocks from Edinburgh  - great fun and slagging off LJ as a “waffler” and slagging off their owner for being an idiot for employing such useless managers……sounds very familiar…….:cool2:

I tell you - all football fans are pretty much the same……..:dunno:

They all agreed that the two Glasgow clubs spoil and inhibit the development of Scottish football. I said that many English fans think exactly the same…….It was an enjoyable hour or so chatting with these guys.

On 01/10/2024 at 22:11, Malago said:

The main problem is Rodgers refuses to learn.  If you set your team up in the Champions league as you do for St Johnstone away, you’re going to get some serious drubbings.

Think they got carried away after their 5-1 home win over Slovan Bratislava

40 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Chatting earlier with of very amusing bunch of Jocks from Edinburgh  - great fun and slagging off LJ as a “waffler” and slagging off their owner for being an idiot for employing such useless managers……sounds very familiar…….:cool2:

I tell you - all football fans are pretty much the same……..:dunno:

They all agreed that the two Glasgow clubs spoil and inhibit the development of Scottish football. I said that many English fans think exactly the same…….It was an enjoyable hour or so chatting with these guys.

Did you tell them about the time you were called into his dad’s office?

7 hours ago, Henry said:

Did you tell them about the time you were called into his dad’s office?

They’d never heard of Gary Johnson when i mentioned how he was sacked after brawling with his players in the changing room down at Argyle and next day senior players went to SL and refused to play for him any longer. The clubs version of his sacking was ‘by mutual consent’ and they all laughed at that…………:rofl2br:

They knew all about Ivan Sproule tho. He’d scored a hat trick against Rangers for them.They really liked him.

Edited by Robbored

49 minutes ago, Robbored said:

They’d never heard of Gary Johnson when i mentioned how he was sacked after brawling with his players in the changing room down at Argyle and next day senior players went to SL and refused to play for him any longer. The clubs version of his sacking was ‘by mutual consent’ and they all laughed at that…………:rofl2br:

They knew all about Ivan Sproule tho. He’d scored a hat trick against Rangers for them.They really liked him.

You always pipe up about how poor and inconsequential Scottish football is and how you don’t “have the heart to comment any further” and yet you make more comments on this topic than anyone else.

30 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

You always pipe up about how poor and inconsequential Scottish football is and how you don’t “have the heart to comment any further” and yet you make more comments on this topic than anyone else.

There were 4 Celtic fans Tom - absolutely no point in saying how inconsequential Scottish is even though I suspect that they already knew that………..:dunno:

The other Jocks from Edinburgh are good guys and very open about how poor their national team is and 100% blamed the two Glasgow clubs. One guy in particular was very articulate about the SPL set up and his mates agreed with him.

It was refreshing to hear from true Scotland fans understanding their place in the international world of football.

They know that they’re way down the FIFA rankings.

Edited by Robbored

13 minutes ago, Robbored said:

There were 4 Celtic fans Tom - absolutely no point in saying how inconsequential Scottish is even though I suspect that they already knew that………..:dunno:

The other Jocks from Edinburgh are good guys and very open about how poor their national team is and 100% blamed the two Glasgow clubs. One guy in particular was very articulate about the SPL set up and his mates agreed with him.

It was refreshing to hear from true Scotland fans understanding their place in the international world of football.

They know that they’re way down the FIFA rankings.

Did you tell these Scottish fans how you have no interest in it and how rubbish you thought Scottish football actually is as you often spout on here?

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

They’d never heard of Gary Johnson when i mentioned....

Bizarre that you're on holiday in Portugal and manage to bring Gary Johnson into the conversation.......

Don't you ever stop thinking and talking about him?

45 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

Did you tell these Scottish fans how you have no interest in it and how rubbish you thought Scottish football actually is as you often spout on here?

Wasn’t necessary Tom - they already knew. Fair play to them. 

A bunch of really good guys.

50 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

Bizarre that you're on holiday in Portugal and manage to bring Gary Johnson into the conversation.......

Don't you ever stop thinking and talking about him?

Well CR they mentioned LJ and what a load of waffle he came out, just as he did at City and then mentioned Ivan Sproule who as we know was at City and it was Ivan who had experienced a tragic family event that triggered Senior Johnson into the brawl at Argyle - perfect example of losing the dressing room.

Senior players refused to play under him after that. They’d had to usher him out of the dressing room and he was sacked soon after under the tame club announcement of ‘by mutual consent’…..yeah right…..….:rofl2br:

Edited by Robbored

17 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Well CR they mentioned LJ and what a load of waffle he came out, just as he did at City and then mentioned Ivan Sproule who as we know was at City and it was Ivan who had experienced a tragic family event that triggered Senior Johnson into the brawl at Argyle - perfect example of losing the dressing room.

Senior players refused to play under him after that. They’d had to usher him out of the dressing room and he was sacked soon after under the tame club announcement of ‘by mutual consent’…..yeah right…..….:rofl2br:

tumbleweed GIF

Enjoy your holiday RR

Edited by CodeRed
  • Haha 1

The real problem for Celtic is that the rest of the league including Rangers are so shite, they don't have any decent games to judge themselves against. 

Funny, I don't recall any posts on here from the City Gers fans when Celtic won their first game 5-1.  

Edited by Red Skin

On 03/10/2024 at 09:18, Robbored said:

If they didn't sack him then it was mutual consent, not sure why you're laughing or 'yeah right'. Whether you think his position was untenable is a different question, but there's no automatic dismissal for fighting in the workplace. 

57 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Wasn't it just brilliant to watch Scotland celebrating a 0-0 draw with Portugal as if they had won the World Cup?..............Mind you Anything is considered therapeutic after losing to Greece and Tuchel being appointed?

I see their U21s are carrying on the proud Scots tradition and lost to Kazakhstan U21s