IGNORED

10 games

Oizys

8 hours ago, Aipearcey said:

Was having this conversation about this at work the other day. Say Manning has the next couple of weeks off, Hoggs get results against stoke, Leeds and Preston then he returns and the result go down hill again. Where on earth do you go from there? Given the situation I’d say you give him the rest of the season regardless of results as long as relegation is on the cards but just hope everything goes ok when he eventually returns as the last thing he will need is fans on his back after everything he’s been through.

For me, best case scenario is that Hogg does whatever in his powers to get results / performances to give Liam as much time as he needs.  The last thing we want is the issue being forced by results, not good for team nor Liam.  I don’t care about the timeframe at this point.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Red Army 79 said:

I’d like us to aim get 17 points every block of 10 games. That would give us 78 points averaged out over 46 games which would have put us in 5th position at the end of last season.

14 points is a satisfactory start if carried on throughout the season would give us 64 points which we would have finished level with 9th & 2 points above our points tally last season. 

I don't think we're a 78 points team right now, as much as I would be delighted with that. We're probably much more likely to end up on 64 points, which wouldn't be too bad, particularly given the extra challenges this season. 

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

For me, best case scenario is that Hogg does whatever in his powers to get results / performances to give Liam as much time as he needs.  The last thing we want is the issue being forced by results, not good for team nor Liam.  I don’t care about the timeframe at this point.

Yeah, totally agree Dave. I hope ge gets that breathing space. 

Like him or loathe him, Liam Manning is undoubtedly working tirelessly and obsessively for Bristol City, so it must be not only an emotionally overwhelming time for him, but possibly also difficult for him to disengage mentally from something he's used to having occupy his headspace almost 24/7. Then at some point he will probably have to transition back to that previous focus. It'll be so tough for the poor bloke, and of course his family.

Edited by mozo
  • Robin 1

22 minutes ago, mozo said:

I don't think we're a 78 points team right now, as much as I would be delighted with that. We're probably much more likely to end up on 64 points, which wouldn't be too bad, particularly given the extra challenges this season. 

I don’t think an extra 2pts this season will cut it unfortunately from everything we were told. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Red Army 79 said:

I’d like us to aim get 17 points every block of 10 games. That would give us 78 points averaged out over 46 games which would have put us in 5th position at the end of last season.

14 points is a satisfactory start if carried on throughout the season would give us 64 points which we would have finished level with 9th & 2 points above our points tally last season. 

1 hour ago, Rob k said:

I don’t think an extra 2pts this season will cut it unfortunately from everything we were told. 

Yep. Tinnion said 10 points better. 
That’ll be 72. 
But there was also plenty of talk of playoffs. So I’m expecting 75. 

• Like 3

Listening on SOTC. My take on the Guests take.

Being 10th on 14 Points is fine but. Already 4 Points off the Playoffs and a worse GD- definitely behind the Playoff Curve..69 points in a good year but if it continues at this rate.. 

Well we would finish 10th but 18.4 Points off the Playoffs. 0.4 x 46.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Listening on SOTC. My take on the Guests take.

Being 10th on 14 Points is fine but. Already 4 Points off the Playoffs and a worse GD- definitely behind the Playoff Curve..69 points in a good year but if it continues at this rate.. 

Well we would finish 10th but 18.4 Points off the Playoffs. 0.4 x 46.

if you look at our next 10, im optimistic (just) that we might get 8 points from them.

stoke A 1

leeds H 0

preston A 1

Sheff u H 0

norwich A 0

burnley  H 0

watford A 1

plymouth H 3

portsmouth H 1

sunderland A 1. 

only guesses but that is one hell of a tough run