IGNORED

Fans Forum : October 16th POSTPONED

Phantom

17 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Apologies if I misconstrue your stance on things. I agree with a lot that  you’ve written . I’ve also witnessed the very low times , especially being bottom of the fourth division albeit briefly & of course nearly losing our club . I admire that you carry on going to games. I made the difficult decision to not renew my season ticket for the first time in 25 years. All I seem to do is moan about the club & realty do not like being that way, but there’s no way I can financially support the lansdowns decisions anymore . I still love the club of course but it’s now a point of principle . If I could make the forum trust me I would be there. 

Very well put.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Apologies if I misconstrue your stance on things. I agree with a lot that  you’ve written . I’ve also witnessed the very low times , especially being bottom of the fourth division albeit briefly & of course nearly losing our club . I admire that you carry on going to games. I made the difficult decision to not renew my season ticket for the first time in 25 years. All I seem to do is moan about the club & realty do not like being that way, but there’s no way I can financially support the lansdowns decisions anymore . I still love the club of course but it’s now a point of principle . If I could make the forum trust me I would be there. 

I 100% respect your decision my hunger for going to city is at its all time low I've renewed not for wanting to but my spending time with my lad on a match day. I did repeat saying on here I wouldn't renew and I have but I've payed by direct debit so I know I can cancel any time and a way of protest I will do so if need be. Lansdowns have lost my respect fully things need to change massively if this club needs to move forward and every fan we need to let them know how we feel if it's being at live forums or getting our questions and feelings across online. Let's get our city back and that good feeling on match days!

• Like 4
  • Flames 2

ive not been since Nige got sacked, and im not going back any time soon. ive got the sky sports instead for the time being and still intend to get to an away game or two this season but other opportunities have arisen which ive enjoyed much more with more planned for this year so wont see city live until next year maybe.  i do want to go back to forest green again,that was such a fun day out with RedOxo,laughed all day after the leicester game live on fgr tv with their fans. i will end up back down the gate if i outlive the lansdowns custodianship, sooner they **** orf the better

• Like 2
  • Robin 3

5 hours ago, Fuber said:

Marshall's fine - the issue is he shouldnt be having to step into the BCFC side. That was likely done in an attempt to take pressure of off Tinnion and Jon.

He's the one who whistle blew with regards to Ashton's marked overspending - just in enough time that meant we didnt fall foul of FFP under Gould/Pearson.

Thanks, him and Rawcliffe are of the correct calibre then.

I am attending Wednesday and will be happy to put good questions to the panel for those that cannot attend. If you have one you would like me to ask, please DM me. 

@JerrySLO why are questions not being allowed for those unable to attend? and if there is a u-turn and they are allowed then they should not be pre-screened

Edited by CTRed
  • Like 6

9 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Thanks, him and Rawcliffe are of the correct calibre then.

Both are Finance men.  Professionals in that field.

No idea about their skills and experience as CEO (Group) and COO (BCFC Ltd) respectively, though.

14 hours ago, redsquirrel said:

ive not been since Nige got sacked, and im not going back any time soon. ive got the sky sports instead for the time being and still intend to get to an away game or two this season but other opportunities have arisen which ive enjoyed much more with more planned for this year so wont see city live until next year maybe.  i do want to go back to forest green again,that was such a fun day out with RedOxo,laughed all day after the leicester game live on fgr tv with their fans. i will end up back down the gate if i outlive the lansdowns custodianship, sooner they **** orf the better

I am similar, not been to a home game since NP was sacked.

Fed up with how the club is ran and the jobs for the boys situation.

Hurts not going, been going since 1976. Won’t go back I think till the Lansdowbs are gone or. BT moved on.

• Like 2
  • Flames 4
  • Robin 3

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Personally in light of the news today I think this should be cancelled.

Can’t believe it is the right time to be discussing the underwhelming start to the season in these circumstances.

100% agreed GC 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Can’t believe it is the right time to be discussing the underwhelming start to the season in these circumstances.

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

100% agreed GC 

I agree also. 

To go ahead under all of these circumstances would be bizarre! 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Couldn't agree more. 

I wrote my question this afternoon following a bit of research to get some facts right and I honestly have no interest in asking it at this time. 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

26 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Agree as totally inappropriate to be critical of the club at this sad time.  My appetite to ask a question about lack of progress seems irrelevant at this time.

• Like 6
  • Robin 1

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Well said Graham. 

Given the questioning would in part undoubtedly be robust and challenging it in no way feels right in this context for it to go ahead. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

I opened this thread to suggest this. 

Whatever issues I have with the club is insignificant compared to what Liam and his family are going through. It just wouldn't feel right for it to go ahead in these circumstances. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I know Nige missed 1 due to Covid and Curtis stepped in, but this is entirely different.

Postpone.

Correct, him and Weimann stepped in. Agree with the above it should be postponed, even if they have Hogg coming in to replace him it will be difficult for him to not only respond to questions on behalf of the team but also difficult for him due to his close relationship with Manning

6 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

Correct, him and Weimann stepped in. Agree with the above it should be postponed, even if they have Hogg coming in to replace him it will be difficult for him to not only respond to questions on behalf of the team but also difficult for him due to his close relationship with Manning

Yeah, Hogg has far more important things to be doing ahead of Saturdays game. Just remembered his father-in-law George Burley is being treated for cancer at the moment too. 

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, GrahamC said:

A very sad time for LM and family. It does seem that it’s very inappropriate to be discussing football at such a time.

BUT, when the end of next April arrives with us in the bottom three, this awful time for LM will be forgotten as we leave this league, downwards yet again!

• Confused 2
  • Hmmm 1
  • Facepalm 1

12 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

A very sad time for LM and family. It does seem that it’s very inappropriate to be discussing football at such a time.

BUT, when the end of next April arrives with us in the bottom three, this awful time for LM will be forgotten as we leave this league, downwards yet again!

I would hope that it wouldn't be forgotten. 

I would also hope that the 'powers that be' would not let it get that far.

But that IS hope, rather than expectation.

10 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Fair play to the person @Komazawawho decided that a facepalm reaction was appropriate to my suggestion that this now doesn’t go ahead.

What on earth is wrong with some people?

Apologies. This was an innocent mistake and I have now corrected. No offence intended.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

If the powers that be were to postpone, I would say fair play to them for showing consideration.

If it goes ahead maybe the first question should be... Why?

Edited by 42nite
Spelling

42 minutes ago, 42nite said:

If the powers that be were to postpone, I would say fair play to them for showing consideration.

If it goes ahead maybe the first question should be... Why?

The reasons mentioned for it being postponed might well be the reason it goes ahead? They can fulfill their quota of fans forums knowing full well they won't get challenged because it's not the time after this news.

I'd like to hope they have some decency and put it on hold but who knows.

10 minutes ago, DantheCityman said:

The reasons mentioned for it being postponed might well be the reason it goes ahead? They can fulfill their quota of fans forums knowing full well they won't get challenged because it's not the time after this news.

I'd like to hope they have some decency and put it on hold but who knows.

I’d like to think that although incompetent, they’re not that desperately cynical. 

Going ahead with the forum may well “solve” a problem for them in the short term (avoidance of challenge) but it would look like absolutely gaming the situation on a cynical basis and do them longer term PR damage.

Look, there are undoubtedly questions to be asked of the regime, and of the team management. Those questions remain valid and should be picked up again at an appropriate time. But there is no way Chris Hogg should be asked to sub in for one of his best mates at a time like this, and no way the board should use it as an opportunity to avoid those questions. I’d like to think they won’t.

• Like 14

2 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I’d like to think that although incompetent, they’re not that desperately cynical. 

Going ahead with the forum may well “solve” a problem for them in the short term (avoidance of challenge) but it would look like absolutely gaming the situation on a cynical basis and do them longer term PR damage.

Look, there are undoubtedly questions to be asked of the regime, and of the team management. Those questions remain valid and should be picked up again at an appropriate time. But there is no way Chris Hogg should be asked to sub in for one of his best mates at a time like this, and no way the board should use it as an opportunity to avoid those questions. I’d like to think they won’t.

If it goes ahead to me it feels very manipulative of a horrible situation and completely disrespectful to Liam and the fans

I'd like to say common sense will prevail but right now I'm not sure it will and would be the final straw for me with the non-football regime.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Super said:

If it goes ahead people should boycott it.

I have a ticket. 

I won't be going on Wednesday. 

I will attend a rearranged date. I guess that's a boycott of some description. I'm still holding out hope that the club do the right thing. Even as a major critic of them I can't see how they can be that daft.

• Like 3

There is no way this can reasonably go ahead in the circumstances. It would be completely inappropriate and should be cancelled immediately.

All anyone at the top of the club should be doing at the moment is trying to keep things running in Liam’s absence and, most importantly, making sure they’re giving him all the support they can. Fans forums and the like can wait until a more appropriate time. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Give them a chance lads, ******* hell.

If it goes ahead then fair enough, call them out on it and I'll be joining you, but let's wait and see.

it's tomorrow, though NR. There's not much more of a chance to be given... 

• Admin
5 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Why do they need a chance? Should of been decided instantly 

I disagree, there would have been a 101 other things more important than this to discuss and resolve 

If it goes ahead, there will still be people there that can answer the questions put to them, what clearly will change is the vitriol aimed at LM 

If people don't want to go, that is the individuals choice 

Give them a chance?

I wouldn't have thought it was that difficult a decision to make.... even for that lot!

And I wouldn't have thought there'd be too many complaining about it.........

Edited by 42nite

10 minutes ago, Phantom said:

I disagree, there would have been a 101 other things more important than this to discuss and resolve 

If it goes ahead, there will still be people there that can answer the questions put to them, what clearly will change is the vitriol aimed at LM 

It's one day away..

9 minutes ago, Phantom said:

Vitriol at Mr Manning? We all know he didn’t employ himself.  

In retrospect perhaps you are right... Perhaps It should go ahead as it leaves Mr Tinnion and Mr Lansdown on there own to argue why they did things and how we are here. 

personally I would find going ahead distasteful, but as you say if people don’t want to go they have a choice. 

• Like 2

• Admin
3 minutes ago, 2015 said:

It's one day away..

Does that matter? 

The important thing is Liam and his family are priotised at the moment, there's then the small matter of handing over to Hogg for the upcoming games and no doubt someone else will be stepping up as well. 

People should just wait and see what happens, it's really not a priority in the grand scheme of things at the moment. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

13 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

The right decision for all parties. Would have been unfair on fans who would feel they couldn’t ask questions, on the board who would have found it difficult to answer without potentially being insensitive, on Hogg who is dealing with both managing and his best mate going through this and most importantly on Liam and family who really didn’t need that going ahead at this time.

Well done the club on a quick decision.

Well said @Silvio Dante

Robust and challenging questions need to be answered by the group, but now is not the time. 

Edited by One Team
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

The right decision for all parties. Would have been unfair on fans who would feel they couldn’t ask questions, on the board who would have found it difficult to answer without potentially being insensitive, on Hogg who is dealing with both managing and his best mate going through this and most importantly on Liam and family who really didn’t need that going ahead at this time.

Well done the club on a quick decision.

Precisely. Even  if Tinnion, Lansdown, and whoever filled the third spot were up for it (and one of their colleagues/friends is experiencing a horrific time so they may well also be suffering) then it would be utterly inappropriate for 300 or so people, including his employers to sit and discuss questions that relate to Manning's appointment or performance whilst a) he's going through this and b) he's not present to make himself heard.

Assuming all that were accepted we end up with a chat about...FFP? The price of a pint? Important stuff but we'd be struggling to fill the time I think.

It's the correct decision of course.

• Like 4

• The title was changed to Fans Forum : October 16th POSTPONED
1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

Precisely. Even  if Tinnion, Lansdown, and whoever filled the third spot were up for it (and one of their colleagues/friends is experiencing a horrific time so they may well also be suffering) then it would be utterly inappropriate for 300 or so people, including his employers to sit and discuss questions that relate to Manning's appointment or performance whilst a) he's going through this and b) he's not present to make himself heard.

Assuming all that were accepted we end up with a chat about...FFP? The price of a pint? Important stuff but we'd be struggling to fill the time I think.

It's the correct decision of course.

Agree, 

Although there are a few non-Manning Questions I'd love to ask. Namely why there is no coverage available of the U21's and U18's. There really should be and many other clubs do it.

Questions around why we are so slow to announce loanees leaving and leave important details like lengths out.

Questions around the Sporting Quarter/Infrastructure, Whether the hints of a Sale are still relevant 12 months on 

Questions over the placement of away fans, atmosphere and Safe standing.

Questions around our board set up and lack of CEO.

My worry was that (And I was intending to contribute to it) the meeting would focus solely on the pitch/performances. That's the biggest issue, but there is a LOT of clarity missing in the relationship between us and them. In a perfect world this forum would provide much of that. 

• Like 2

Correct to cancel it this week, but I hope it goes ahead some time in the next few months, particularly after last years whitewash.

My questions would be directed at Lansdown and Tinnion, really Liam could be anyone sat next to them because our problems ain't his fault.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 42nite said:

Give them a chance?

I wouldn't have thought it was that difficult a decision to make.... even for that lot!

And I wouldn't have thought there'd be too many complaining about it.........

Unfortunately, with the way many fans feel about the hierarchy, had the club made a very quick decision to cancel  there would be some accusing them of using Liam's tragic situation as an an excuse to avoid the flak of the FF.

I know it's now been postponed ( of course the right decision) but sometimes the club gets pilloried for whatever decision it makes - or in this case, hadn't made.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

56 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Unfortunately, with the way many fans feel about the hierarchy, had the club made a very quick decision to cancel  there would be some accusing them of using Liam's tragic situation as an an excuse to avoid the flak of the FF.

I know it's now been postponed ( of course the right decision) but sometimes the club gets pilloried for whatever decision it makes - or in this case, hadn't made.

As much as I don’t rate Manning as our coach (for now at least) and our despise our board, I think you make a very good point. 

Had they cancelled it immediately it could’ve been perceived as them taking a relieved ‘out’. In leaving it 24 hours it looks more considered and with much less interpretation. 

On this occasion I think they’ve got the tone, timing and decision making spot on. 

• Like 4