IGNORED

Cardiff City at home match thread

Jerseybean

We are dominating posession. Twine getting the ball in precisely the spaces he was bought to exploit but achieving little. Does he look a multi-million pound player? Not today. When we get half chances we're completely wasting them.

Given how poor they look this is a surprisingly easy watch if you are a Cardiff fan. Sit back and relax - and laugh at Armstrong (out of his depth) and Mehmeti (giving a classic 'show pony' performance) - on this show both look better suited to football several levels beneath this. And we again don't look like scoring.

Edited by Red Exile
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, RUSSEL85 said:

14 shots between us, 1 on target 👍

Just sums up the lack of quality both in finishing and the quality of chances created.

People will scapegoat Armstrong as per usual and I agree that his finishing is poor but as I always say, he is better at creating opportunities than any other striker we have, Fally seems to be loved by our fans but it all seems to come from him scoring one good goal, every game he's played other than that he just looks lost and doesn't get shots off because he doesn't create anything.

The main issue is the gameplan and tactics, we struggle to create against well set teams and we don't attack quickly which gives them more time to set up effectively. Simply put we can blame the players but the issue is how they're being told to play.

• Like 2

Just now, Med/MadHatter said:

Well this half is done, if Cardiff make adjustments at half time we'll get an even shitter 2nd half to look forward to, ah well at least I don't have work to go to tomorrow 

IF that does happen then the club may have to start looking at whether young Liam is actually up to the task of managing at this level. It needs him to make the adjustment and win the game.

• Like 5

It really isn’t very good is it. Armstrong borderline comical when put through. Mehmeti and Yu offered very little. They missed an absolute sitter and we’ve lost our second member of our back four to a long term injury. 

I have been impressed with McCrorie all things considered. 

Cardiff are awful. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spike said:

People will scapegoat Armstrong as per usual....

Personally I'd give him time - but a break from the first team. It's a bit embarrassing. I'd love him to be the opposition striker. The very definition of 'hit and hope'.

Have a front line of serviceable players but it’s abundantly clear they have no clue how to play with each other. That mehmeti poke into Armstrong really highlighting it. 

Worrying that it’s been 2 months and they have barely gelled at all. Fally and max bird looked very in sync at the start of the season, especially the millwal game. 

I don’t know what Manning is waiting for here, this front line just won’t click. Get Fally on please and stick armstrong on the left. At least those aimless long balls will have a target then. 

Edited by George Rs

I thought we looked pretty good up to the injury.

Two quality moments from Armstrong. Twine was looking dangerous between the lines. As usual, our finishing was poor.

After the injury the game got really scrappy and pretty even.

Need to get control again and find a finish.

Edited by mozo
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Can't remember anything we've done that would trouble whoever records xG. Toothless would be a fair description of this team.

Twine is not going to pick out a pass for Armstrong if Armstrong can't conceive of the pass less finish the move off, this is why we need Wells, love Armstrong, bring on in the 60th to batter tired defenders into a mistake.

Edited by CiderHider
  • Like 1

Why are we so bloody risk averse.....nobody prepared to spin a man and get into a dangerous area.

Nobody will ever convince me that Mehmeti has a footballing brain, instinctive stuff yes but anytime he has to think about putting in a pass to a player in space or the box he's just got no idea what he's doing. 

Complete borefest......

4 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Can't remember anything we've done that would trouble whoever records xG. Toothless would be a fair description of this team.

Three shots by Armstrong, one saved, two off target. Mehmeti shooting over the top as usual. Good openings, poor finishing.

• Like 2

Armstrong looks like he has excellent physical attributes. And you can teaching finishing, so that’s not too much of a problem. 

Problem is, we need someone who’ll coach him to finish. And we ****** the best man for the job off a year ago because we weren’t top 6. Now I don’t think we have anyone capable of coaching him at all. 

Edited by Fordy62
  • Like 3
  • Flames 1

6 minutes ago, KegCity said:

If we had a clinical striker we’d be a decent side.

That’s the problem.  City’s main attacking tactic is to play a through ball to Armstrong. This works until Armstrong has to shoot

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Armstrong looks like he has excellent physical attributes. And you can teaching finishing, so that’s not too much of a problem. 

Problem is, we need someone who’ll coach him to finish. And we ****** the best man for the job off a year ago because we weren’t top 6. Now I don’t think we have anyone capable of coaching him at all. 

He can improve, need to keep reminding myself hes still a wee lad.

Great first half, solid at the back and good going forward. Playing with real purpose and intent. In complete control of the game and this is now 8.5 out of 9 games where we have been at our absolute best.

Not my views by the way, just thinking about how Manning would currently be seeing this game at half time.

Edited by formerly known as ivan
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

I honestly can’t understand how anyone can say that was a good first half and we looked good. 

Were ******* dreadful and boring. Anyone who believes that was good truly has had the wool pulled over their eyes by the club and the bar has been lowered.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Personally I'd give him time - but a break from the first team. It's a bit embarrassing. I'd love him to be the opposition striker. The very definition of 'hit and hope'.

Might be an idea to look back in the archive at many  of today’s Otib pundits and their views on Antoine Semenyo

1 minute ago, Jefferz said:

Might be an idea to look back in the archive at many  of today’s Otib pundits and their views on Antoine Semenyo

I followed Semenyo from the start thanks. Great fan. I see little comparison - but as I say - give him time. Not up to it on recent showings.

39 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Armstrong could have had three if he could finish!

From what little I know, goalscoring is a knack & this bloke doesn't in any way have it....

Talk of training that into him is rather fanciful,,imho.