IGNORED

Football runs in families for us oldies

Ivorguy

17 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Watching the Brighton match on Sky notice Jack Hinshelwood, the great grandson of winger Wally Hinshelwood of this parish whom I watched at AG back in the day.

Believe Jack’s dad and Wally’s son is manager of York City in the National League. So that’s something else to back up your thread title!

58 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Watching the Brighton match on Sky notice Jack Hinshelwood, the great grandson of winger Wally Hinshelwood of this parish whom I watched at AG back in the day.

Funnily enough at today's game when a couple of late comers passed along our row they said why is everyone clapping these ex players (Jantzen, Shadow and Johnny) as no one remembers them. "Beg your pardon" I barked at them.

Youngsters!!!!

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, redysteadygo said:

Funnily enough at today's game when a couple of late comers passed along our row they said why is everyone clapping these ex players (Jantzen, Shadow and Johnny) as no one remembers them. "Beg your pardon" I barked at them.

Youngsters!!!!

They are all before my time, but I know their names.  They are part of our history.  And I think what the club does with the FPA is one of things I really like about the club at the mo’, because there are plenty of things that I don’t.

So good on you for putting them right.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, redysteadygo said:

Youngsters!!!!

Listening to RB at half time, they were discussing players of today rolling around on the pitch. Not like it was in their day 

12 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Listening to RB at half time, they were discussing players of today rolling around on the pitch. Not like it was in their day 

Interesting that Goutas went down at the end, and having received treatment, would’ve had to go off for 30 seconds, with City lining up a free kick 40 yards out.  Goutas was play acting, because he was furious at being subbed off.

Fair play to Riza, he realised that they would be down to 10-men, got Meite on as a sub.  Goutas’s timewasting didn’t cost them.  You don’t get the medical man on when you’re about the defend a set-piece if you’re not really injured.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, redysteadygo said:

Youngsters!!!!

I’ve met all of the above plus a load more. I have no memory of pre 1967 games personally which means I don’t remember watching Mr Atyeo however met him loads of times as he attended a lot of home games and I was always there to get his autograph at the VIP entrance. He used to like patting me on the head! 😂 

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Interesting that Goutas went down at the end, and having received treatment, would’ve had to go off for 30 seconds, with City lining up a free kick 40 yards out.  Goutas was play acting, because he was furious at being subbed off.

Fair play to Riza, he realised that they would be down to 10-men, got Meite on as a sub.  Goutas’s timewasting didn’t cost them.  You don’t get the medical man on when you’re about the defend a set-piece if you’re not really injured.

If it was a case of play acting/a fake injury then it somewhat makes a mockery of the concussion substitute rule (it was their 6th substitution so it has to have been one). 

Maybe a case for their being an independent EFL-appointed doctor as part of the match officials team? 

9 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

If it was a case of play acting/a fake injury then it somewhat makes a mockery of the concussion substitute rule (it was their 6th substitution so it has to have been one). 

Maybe a case for their being an independent EFL-appointed doctor as part of the match officials team? 

Yep.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Really poor that they were allowed to make a sixth sub for what was blatant play acting.

Bobby Madley was very good last season but I thought he was incredibly lenient with their time wasting & let too many poor challenges by them go early on.

12 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Really poor that they were allowed to make a sixth sub for what was blatant play acting.

Bobby Madley was very good last season but I thought he was incredibly lenient with their time wasting & let too many poor challenges by them go early on.

Yes, thought Madley poor today.

14 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

Jack’s father, Adam, was an unused sub for Brighton in the 2004 play off final too.

12 hours ago, Davefevs said:

They are all before my time, but I know their names.  They are part of our history.  And I think what the club does with the FPA is one of things I really like about the club at the mo’, because there are plenty of things that I don’t.

So good on you for putting them right.

Probably because I Italy I don't think it was anything "official" from the club, was set up by Scott Davidson and another guy whose name escapes me?