IGNORED

FBC Podcast: CARDIFF [H] the verdict ...... points make prizes, draw's don't!

headhunter

3 minutes ago, headhunter said:

We're live at 8 PM tonight discussing the match action with the recording on Spotify etc. later.

Undefeated run extends to 4 games but where was the hope for the future?

How’s that weasel Ian going to defend that shit? You’ll have to tell me cos I can’t listen to that **** anymore. Apologies to you and Mark who are generally fair in your views. 

• Like 6
  • Flames 2

32 minutes ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

“Agenda brigade” pending. 

Actually, can Ian’s agenda against the original “agenda brigade” be discussed. Would be good to understand if there is an agenda or if our football is actually a shite as I’m witnessing. 

It’s ironic they all hate the forum on the podcast but use it to advertise their podcast.

I noticed in the last pod, Ian had started to push the shit downhill to Manning. Obviously had his orders from above but did make me think Manning may be under some pressure internally.

• Like 1
  • Flames 3

1 minute ago, Henry said:

It’s ironic they all hate the forum on the podcast but use it to advertise their podcast.

I noticed in the last pod, Ian had started to push the shit downhill to Manning. Obviously had his orders from above but did make me think Manning may be under some pressure internally.

The triple sub before the hour made me wonder a bit.

Had we lost today, would he still be manager in a fortnight?

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

The triple sub before the hour made me wonder a bit.

Had we lost today, would he still be manager in a fortnight?

Probably, I don’t think they’d go into the fans forum having just sacked the manager. However, they’d have probably just cancelled it!

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

Just now, Henry said:

Probably, I don’t think they’d go into the fans forum having just sacked the manager. However, they’d have probably just cancelled it!

When did we announce last years one, NP was sacked on 29th October...Manning was in situ by 7th November iirc.

There would still be time for Manning out, new manager in.

2 hours ago, glynriley said:

How’s that weasel Ian going to defend that shit? You’ll have to tell me cos I can’t listen to that **** anymore. Apologies to you and Mark who are generally fair in your views. 

He defended it by kept talking about Nigel Pearson. Its a common deflection tactic by people like him. 

He then further defended it by saying his expectations are not very high. 

Edited by W-S-M Seagull
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

He defended it by kept talking about Nigel Pearson. Its a common deflection tactic by people like him. 

His expectations were - top 10 all season with a tilt at the playoffs.  Perfectly acceptable set of expectations.  To be rowing back after 9 games is hilarious.  I hope someone reminded him of what he said preseason.  😳😳😳

• Like 5

As I pointed out in the comments. To reach 18 points from 14 games which was the point reached where the club said we need to bring in a new manager to give us the best possible chance of success (last season) we need to get 7 points from 5 games to match that. Those games being Boro (a) Stoke (a) Leeds (h) Preston (a) and Sheffield Utd (h) so essentially 2 wins and a draw or 1 win and 4 draws, just to reach the same points total as last season. It seems like an up hill battle just to do that. 

To reach the same points total of 21 points pre Liam Manning we then need to win an extra game on top of that. 

This is a shit show. 

• Like 3

Paul rips an absolutely unreal fart at 4:10 in and I almost to stop listening, he even moves his entire body and it's clearly picked up by his mic

A great comment on our performance but maybe not the best for an intro to a pod tbh

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, IAmNick said:

Paul rips an absolutely unreal fart at 4:10 in and I almost to stop listening, he even moves his entire body and it's clearly picked up by his mic

A great comment on our performance but maybe not the best for an intro to a pod tbh

Did it last 30 secs?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

I listened to approx 10 secs of Ian spouting off and had to turn off.

Saying what can the fans expect after 10 games blah blah. Honestly this guy has cultivated a reputation over a period of 20 years of being ultra critical of most managers including against Pearson. And yet has completely changed his attitude purely because of his closeness to Tinnion.

Not a man to be trusted at all.

Fair play for lasting that long.

Absolutely no point in listening to Comical Ali.

• Like 2

I'm so confused. Ian stated that Nigel Pearson was constantly trying to lower the expectation of the fanbase. Essentially talking the team down on what they could achieve. We know the board disagreed because they stated it was a top six side when they sacked him. So using that logic he must agree that the same should apply to LM? Of course not, we need to lower our expectations as a fan base of what this team is capable of given the financial limitations. You couldn't make it up.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Flames 1

13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

His expectations were - top 10 all season with a tilt at the playoffs.  Perfectly acceptable set of expectations.  To be rowing back after 9 games is hilarious.  I hope someone reminded him of what he said preseason.  😳😳😳

Dave said to Ian 8 points is a min requirement from the next 6 games and if we don't get 8 then it's going to increase pressure on LM. Ian replied hat the expectation level seems to be odd and that we should get Nigel back cos he reduced expectation level to zero. Mentioned the boxing day game against WBA for some reason. 

Ian then questioned why we are expected to do so much better. Dave pointed out what the board previously said. 

He then said we'll were the board expectations were unrealistic. 

He went on to say he doesn't see why we should suddenly be tearing the league up. Mentioned Sunderland and how fans were streaming out the ground.

He doesn't think because JL set those expectations that they should be the expectations. He said his expectations didn't go up much. He said he thought we'd play better football which he thinks we have and we might beat some of the better teams which we have and some of the games we've been outstanding in. Said we wouldn't have beat Leicester previously. 

He said we've played well in games this season and only 1.5 games have been really bad games. 

He said we're not playing well away from home (enough) and if we score more goals then those two things get resolved we'll fly up the table. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

As I pointed out in the comments. To reach 18 points from 14 games which was the point reached where the club said we need to bring in a new manager to give us the best possible chance of success (last season) we need to get 7 points from 5 games to match that. Those games being Boro (a) Stoke (a) Leeds (h) Preston (a) and Sheffield Utd (h) so essentially 2 wins and a draw or 1 win and 4 draws, just to reach the same points total as last season. It seems like an up hill battle just to do that. 

To reach the same points total of 21 points pre Liam Manning we then need to win an extra game on top of that. 

This is a shit show. 

To which Ian replied that he would take those 7 points from 15.

16 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Every time Ian spoke a fart came out of Ians mouth. 

• Haha 1

Ian's opinions aside...What really annoys me about the bloke is how bloody rude he is. Whenever Dave challenges him on something or dares to express an opinion (normally an opinion which most of us on here share) he proceeds to act like a sulking spoilt brat - then goes off on yet another moody monologue until Dave dares to cut him off again.

• Like 4
  • Robin 1

@headhunter really enjoy the pod normally but that was disappointing today. After a game and week like we’ve had over the last 3 matches there was a lot that could’ve been discussed and hear the views of Paul and Mark. But no, Ian had to make it all about himself and just talk over everyone including you. I get what he brings to the pod, but really need to get a grip of him when he gets like he did this evening, it was just a waste of mark and Paul’s time.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Dave said to Ian 8 points is a min requirement from the next 6 games and if we don't get 8 then it's going to increase pressure on LM. Ian replied hat the expectation level seems to be odd and that we should get Nigel back cos he reduced expectation level to zero. Mentioned the boxing day game against WBA for some reason. 

Ian then questioned why we are expected to do so much better. Dave pointed out what the board previously said. 

He went on to say he doesn't see why we should suddenly be tearing the league up. Mentioned Sunderland and how fans were streaming out the ground.

He doesn't think because JL set those expectations that they should be the expectations. He said his expectations didn't go up much. He said he thought we'd play better football which he thinks we have and we might beat some of the better teams which we have and some of the games we've been outstanding in. Said we wouldn't have beat Leicester previously. 

He said we've played well in games this season and only 1.5 games have been really bad games. 

He said we're not playing well away from home (enough) and if we score more goals then those two things get resolved we'll fly up the table. 

Last season Nige was asked to resign following the Leeds game which was 11 games in. We were on 15 points.

We are now on 11 points from 9. So we need to win 1 and draw 1 from Boro and Stoke away just to reach the same point as Nige was asked to resign. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

disney lying GIF

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Why is Ian living rent free in half of this forums head? It’s a bit embarrassing. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Hmmm 1

12 minutes ago, BristolGit said:

Why is Ian living rent free in half of this forums head? It’s a bit embarrassing. 

This is literally a thread about a podcast he's been a regular on for at least 5 years - maybe you don't know what that phrase means?

And for just to be clear as an on-again off-again long time listener I've never heard Ian fart on the podcast as far as I know.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, BristolGit said:

Why is he discussing the Liverpool manager, complaining about recovery time and comparing that to manning?

Slot made 4/5 changes from midweek, compared to our clown who made none. 

IMG_0138.thumb.png.af4ef8deef379e9964efc877ff9cbb23.png

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Weird take from him too because we’ve served up more than 1.5 really bad games just this week

• Haha 6

I enjoy listening to the pod each week, but that was painful. Mark Tovey and Ian Gay constantly referring back to Nigel Pearson’s time at the club to deflect from Manning’s poor start to the season is unbearable.

• Like 7
  • Flames 4

Ian also mentioned that Manning has a better record here than Pearson. Here's the records -

Nigel Pearson

2021 - 0.64

21/22 1.20

22/23 1.28

23/24 1.31

Total 1.18 

Liam Manning

23/24 1.32

24/25 1.22

Total 1.30

His statement on a very basic level is correct but it lacks any sort of context. 

Edited by W-S-M Seagull

9 minutes ago, Graham76 said:

I enjoy listening to the pod each week, but that was painful. Mark Tovey and Ian Gay constantly referring back to Nigel Pearson’s time at the club to deflect from Manning’s poor start to the season is unbearable.

Agree. Despite what I said earlier I succumbed and had a listen. Mark talking about NP getting some slack despite poor results totally missed any context of what NP was doing with a small squad, containing academy kids, compared to Manning having spent a boat load. Waste of an evening. 

• Like 6
  • Flames 4

After 9 games last season on the pod vs Stoke Ian was basically calling for a management change. Was talking about relegation etc. 

Neil warned about making a change for changes sake and cited Ipswich and McCarthy as an example. 

1 year on and at the same stage of the season and us being a point worse off the language on the pod, particularly from Ian is completely different. Go figure..

Edited by W-S-M Seagull
  • Like 1

It's not just Ian. Mark has left OTIB because he couldn't handle the Manning criticism on here yet is using NP reign as a reference point, just like Ian.

It's our worst League start since 2015/16 just so they are aware.

3 hours ago, johnbytheriver said:

Why does Ian keep talking about Nigel Pearson?

Because he is obsessed with deflecting away from Mr T and Mr M 

3 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Exactly. Annoying, but he’s on the poddy and no one calls him out as they get hits. 

3 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Last season Nige was asked to resign following the Leeds game which was 11 games in. We were on 15 points.

We are now on 11 points from 9. So we need to win 1 and draw 1 from Boro and Stoke away just to reach the same point as Nige was asked to resign. 

Was he really? 

3 hours ago, BristolGit said:

It is, isn’t it. Basically it’s the best podcast and part of it is because Ian is obviously throwing out insider stuff. Problem is we are shit we play shit football and IG has nailed his mast to Brian, so he owns that bollox almost as much as Brian. I was advised that SL didn’t show up despite being at the Bears yesterday. That should say a lot if true!!!

4 hours ago, Graham76 said:

Yes. Mark’s comment re low expectations and Nige’s early days didn’t make sense to me. Can he not remember the state we were in post Deano and co? Paul Simpson begging for help? That’s not fans expectation being low, that’s people understanding the context of the situation. The situation we’re in now is nothing like then, so how can you draw a direct comparison? Yes we were really shit for a long time but we had a threadbare squad.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

They are, that ship has well and truly sailed. He’d never come back if begged. 

i dont know what he would say to that,ive never asked him as i wouldnt want to insult him by thinking he might be daft enough to even consider it.

i know i would argue with him against it,  i wouldnt want such a decent bloke be treated like shit again by a bunch of clowns like we have running the club

• Like 10
  • Flames 4

@headhunter

just finished the podcast, you have Ian and Mark gaslighting the position on otib to defend Manning and pretending that the circumstances Nige had were similar to what Manning is dealing with

They mentioned a net spend this summer od £3.5m the previous summer was -£15m!

@bearded_red made a brilliant post about why fans where patient with Nige and are not being now with Manning and about the pathway to the accademy:

Of course the pathway is closed why didn’t we use SPH as a back up strike and spend a bit more on one striker than we did 2.

could we not have used an academy player instead of paying a fee for Mcguane?

Would Nige have been given £2mill for a 4th defender or would have had an academy player in there?

Ian talks about expectations being too high most fans (including Ian who before the season said his expectation was to finish higher then last season) expect to be better last season, we currently 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Gol said:

@headhunter

just finished the podcast, you have Ian and Mark gaslighting the position on otib to defend Manning and pretending that the circumstances Nige had were similar to what Manning is dealing with

They mentioned a net spend this summer od £3.5m the previous summer was -£15m!

@bearded_red made a brilliant post about why fans where patient with Nige and are not being now with Manning and about the pathway to the accademy:

Of course the pathway is closed why didn’t we use SPH as a back up strike and spend a bit more on one striker than we did 2.

could we not have used an academy player instead of paying a fee for Mcguane?

Would Nige have been given £2mill for a 4th defender or would have had an academy player in there?

Ian talks about expectations being too high most fans (including Ian who before the season said his expectation was to finish higher then last season) expect to be better last season, we currently 

Agree with all your points.

What's Manning going to do with no recognised left back - change the system or continue to play the right-footed McCrorie until Roberts & Pring are fit?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, headhunter said:

What's Manning going to do with no recognised left back - change the system or continue to play the right-footed McCrorie until Roberts & Pring are fit?

Do you honestly believe who plays left back is our biggest issue?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Do you honestly believe who plays left back is our biggest issue?

I don’t but I do think it’ll tell us a lot come Middlesbrough.

We know that Pring and Roberts are missing that one. We also know that Twine if playing left will pull centre and leave the left back exposed. We also know that Liam has a lot of times used the left back as an additional inversion.

The injury to Pring opens up a question. And it has knock on impact to the rest of the side.

Do you go three at the back and bring Naismith or Atkinson in?

Do you stick to system and bring Naismith in at fullback (unlikely as didn’t happen yesterday) knowing that if you play with Twine, Yu or to a slightly lesser extent Mehmeti you have him very much exposed and possibly done for pace continually?

Do you play McCrorie who will invert inside but to a greater extent as a right footer and possibly lopside the game?

Do you play an academy player such as an Anderson, Morrison or Campbell-Slowey? You have two weeks “on the grass” to get such a player integrated and in a natural position. Have you got the bravery for it?

I don’t think it’s our biggest issue no, but the selection is interesting and Liam should be planning and executing right now.

Edited by Silvio Dante
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Personally of we’re sticking with the 4-2-3-1, I would go McCrorie LB with Ellijah Morrison LW.

if we go to 3-4-2-1, I would go: 

IMG_0102.png

• Haha 1

@Silvio Dante I expect the back four to be the one that was on the pitch once Cam was injured.

Naismith has played LB before, is left footed but Manning still went with McCrorie (who to be fair, was one of our best performers).

I don’t see too many changes otherwise, Sykes definitely deserves to start in front of Yu (poor yesterday) & Mehmeti (ditto) & he might well bring in Bird instead of either.

We’re up against it in the next few whoever plays, in truth.

32 minutes ago, headhunter said:

It was a difficult watch Dave. You were trying to talk about the concerns most of us have but Ian and Mark were basically saying nothing to discuss here let's talk about Nigel Pearson. 

Edited by W-S-M Seagull
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

@Silvio Dante I expect the back four to be the one that was on the pitch once Cam was injured.

Naismith has played LB before, is left footed but Manning still went with McCrorie (who to be fair, was one of our best performers).

I don’t see too many changes otherwise, Sykes definitely deserves to start in front of Yu (poor yesterday) & Mehmeti (ditto) & he might well bring in Bird instead of either.

Yeah I’m probably in that space as to what he’ll do - more what I’m saying is that there are options. You’d want Sykes to be ahead of McCrorie in that system for me - I’d be worried about bringing Bird in if it meant Twine going left as I think we may then end up with a black hole on that side of the pitch as they move infield.

Either way, definitely up against it, agree. Shorn of confidence and nobody in continually decent form.

7 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Yeah I’m probably in that space as to what he’ll do - more what I’m saying is that there are options. You’d want Sykes to be ahead of McCrorie in that system for me - I’d be worried about bringing Bird in if it meant Twine going left as I think we may then end up with a black hole on that side of the pitch as they move infield.

Either way, definitely up against it, agree. Shorn of confidence and nobody in continually decent form.

At the risk of preaching to the converted I wouldn’t start Twine at all.

Probably Sykes, Williams, Knight, Bird and then one from Yu, Earthy, Mehmeti & Lord Lucan (McGuane) to stifle the midfield behind Fally (why am I even saying this, we know it will still be Armstrong), picked for his “athleticism” & “physicality”, so cue a few powderpuff shots sailing harmlessly wide..

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

They are, that ship has well and truly sailed. He’d never come back if begged. 

I would tend to agree although he did of course return to Leicester. He wouldn’t return unless the ownership changed, and even then unlikely given his position in life.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Sykes is banned, I believe.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, One Team said:

I would tend to agree although he did of course return to Leicester. He wouldn’t return unless the ownership changed, and even then unlikely given his position in life.

Was it Clough or Fergie, not sure when advising an upcoming manager. "Choose the owners you work for, not the club."

15 hours ago, Oh Brasso said:

I'm so confused. Ian stated that Nigel Pearson was constantly trying to lower the expectation of the fanbase. Essentially talking the team down on what they could achieve. We know the board disagreed because they stated it was a top six side when they sacked him. So using that logic he must agree that the same should apply to LM? Of course not, we need to lower our expectations as a fan base of what this team is capable of given the financial limitations. You couldn't make it up.

Ian actually stated the ”lowering expectations” as a negative when NP said it, when all NP was doing was being realistic. Now Ian feels it’s justifiable to use it in regards to LM.

It’s amazing how accommodating Ian can be with this manager, when we’ve all heard how easily words of condemnation slip off his tongue, where any other manager is concerned. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Correct, he was also spouting (near the end of last season) "let's see what LM can do with a pre-season under his belt and then I will judge him after 10 games or so"

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, JP Hampton said:

Ian actually stated the ”lowering expectations” as a negative when NP said it, when all NP was doing was being realistic. Now Ian feels it’s justifiable to use it in regards to LM.

It’s amazing how accommodating Ian can be with this manager, when we’ve all heard how easily words of condemnation slip off his tongue, where any other manager is concerned. 

The funny comment is when stating if people want manning gone , to name a replacement. Yet when he wanted Pearson gone it wasn’t for him to provide a name as the club would do that ! 😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, Henry said:

Im thinking that too,,, i can almost see tinnion reporting up the line that this is nothing to do with me, its all this manning fella…

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

I haven’t ruled us out exploring the free agent left back market so Liam doesn’t have to sully himself by talking to academy players!

I quite like that we’re not, on this occasion, able to go out and buy a replacement. 

Likely to be an out of position McCrorie who plays there. I wonder how many players he would consider there before giving an opportunity to an academy player. 

1 hour ago, daored said:

The funny comment is when stating if people want manning gone , to name a replacement. Yet when he wanted Pearson gone it wasn’t for him to provide a name as the club would do that ! 😂

He must genuinely lack the self awareness to see how utterly transparent and frankly absurd this whole routine is.

Think how daft all the managers before Manning that this bloke constantly hammered are, all that had to happen was he needed someone at the club to leak him transfer news and it would turn him into the clubs chief cheerleader. As long as he gets the text informing him Gary Goals is coming in for his medical tomorrow he’ll go out and argue that up is down and black is white on your behalf.

Genuinely hilarious.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Flames 1