IGNORED

FBC Podcast: CARDIFF [H] the verdict ...... points make prizes, draw's don't!

headhunter

I'LL post this in the FBC thread and the OSIB thread as I have just listened to both (not quite finished OSIB, but sound of the City came on, but will)

@headhunter I thought you personally were great, until your throw away comment regarding the agenda crew at the end....Most who listen to your show, and I know you threw out some stats at the end, think your pod is the agenda crew. 

Ian is, and has been for a long time obsessed with Nigel Pearson. It's a bit insane. Now Mark is saying the same stuff. Mark's little comment about a website that he doesn't go to anymore was ok...We have all been a bit fed up with what we have read here sometime, but the idea there are hundreds of Nigel Pearson must return headcasers spewing anti Mr Manning bile is insane as is Ian's long term obsession. On the other hand OSIB in the first half of the pod didn't even mention the bloke (Mr Pearson) and spoke well about what was in fact in front of us. 

So to the game, we were boring. Our players were statues for long periods, scared to try something and are following the orders given by the manager. For a decent synopsis the OSIB guys did a good job!

The Sound of the City so far has followed its usual position. Its the supporters fault for booing rubbish! Sorry but I don't blame anyone for letting their feelings known, this manager and players are not nine years of age. Owers was great when he talked about this exact issue. The players and the manger know they have been crap and thoroughly deserve to know what the customer thinks. 

I can see where the agendas are as many do. Mr Manning and the squad's agenda is play better, win games and don't serve up rubbish I hope!

• Like 13
  • Flames 2

21 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

I listened to approx 10 secs of Ian spouting off and had to turn off.

Saying what can the fans expect after 10 games blah blah. Honestly this guy has cultivated a reputation over a period of 20 years of being ultra critical of most managers including against Pearson. And yet has completely changed his attitude purely because of his closeness to Tinnion.

Not a man to be trusted at all.

Yes for some extremely bizarre reason Ian starts saying it's not that bad etc not sure what he's watching? Says if we won we would be 10th but we didn't win though did we ian and we are 16th after that shower of shit performance proper head scratching stuff from the bloke to he honest. Even mark said the same ...

Edited by BCFC31
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I'LL post this in the FBC thread and the OSIB thread as I have just listened to both (not quite finished OSIB, but sound of the City came on, but will)

@headhunter I thought you personally were great, until your throw away comment regarding the agenda crew at the end....Most who listen to your show, and I know you threw out some stats at the end, think your pod is the agenda crew. 

Ian is, and has been for a long time obsessed with Nigel Pearson. It's a bit insane. Now Mark is saying the same stuff. Mark's little comment about a website that he doesn't go to anymore was ok...We have all been a bit fed up with what we have read here sometime, but the idea there are hundreds of Nigel Pearson must return headcasers spewing anti Mr Manning bile is insane as is Ian's long term obsession. On the other hand OSIB in the first half of the pod didn't even mention the bloke (Mr Pearson) and spoke well about what was in fact in front of us. 

So to the game, we were boring. Our players were statues for long periods, scared to try something and are following the orders given by the manager. For a decent synopsis the OSIB guys did a good job!

The Sound of the City so far has followed its usual position. Its the supporters fault for booing rubbish! Sorry but I don't blame anyone for letting their feelings known, this manager and players are not nine years of age. Owers was great when he talked about this exact issue. The players and the manger know they have been crap and thoroughly deserve to know what the customer thinks. 

I can see where the agendas are as many do. Mr Manning and the squad's agenda is play better, win games and don't serve up rubbish I hope!

Owers absolutely gets it and sees it for what it is. He’s one of the very few calling it out at the moment. 

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, One Team said:

Owers absolutely gets it and sees it for what it is. He’s one of the very few calling it out at the moment. 

Owers has always been good but I think he’s even more honest now his lad isn’t around.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, bearded_red said:

He must genuinely lack the self awareness to see how utterly transparent and frankly absurd this whole routine is.

Think how daft all the managers before Manning that this bloke constantly hammered are, all that had to happen was he needed someone at the club to leak him transfer news and it would turn him into the clubs chief cheerleader. As long as he gets the text informing him Gary Goals is coming in for his medical tomorrow he’ll go out and argue that up is down and black is white on your behalf.

Genuinely hilarious.

I actually chuckled when he was saying get rid of them all, I don’t care etc. Then referred to the fitness instructor whose name he was unsure about. 

Ian - “let’s say you sack manning, you sack Chris Hogg and you sack the lad, is it Prowse, the coach analyst” 

Mark - “It’s Krause”

Ian - “Yeah, Prowse, thats what I said” 

🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 11

The manlet plays his part well.  
Bad game? Oh look Ian’s said something stupid. 

Jons done something dopey?  Oh look, Ian’s said something stupid. 

Brian’s disclosed and undisclosed fee again while rubbing his hands at upcoming games? Oh look, Ian’s said something stupid. 

Distract, distract, distract.  And the amazing thing is, it’s not some Machiavellian master plan , it’s all a happy coincidence that this poisonous dwarf decided this is the hill to die on. 

• Flames 3

It is bizarre to think how the pod has evolved from its early days where it was (arguably) the most independent from in-club meddling, and actually offered a contrasting and insightful view to the clubs media team, and 3PIP/OSIB.

Now, it’s swung too far the other way and seems to be little more than another avenue for the club to spout absolute nonsense via Ian’s monologues.

I’m with @headhunterthat I wish I could share the optimism from Mark, but there’s little in the way of evidence on the pitch to fuel that optimism for me.

• Like 10
  • Flames 1

Just now, Henry said:

@headhunter ‘What did you you think of the ref, Robert Madley?’

Ian shouts out ‘Actually it’s Bobby Madley, Dave!’

Dummy Feeling Dumb GIF

I don’t listen to these podcasts and don’t go on twitter so don’t really hear to much about Ian so I’m going to sit on the fence. 

That all being said, he sounds like a ******* moron. 

• Haha 3
  • Hmmm 1

@headhunter all good with the show, even my partner - who has absolutely zero idea about football - thinks it’s great. If you had a load of nodding dogs all agreeing with each other it wouldn’t be worth watching. 

Diverse characters and views is what you need. The fact that you have participants that actually passionately believe in what they’re saying takes it to another level - even when they completely contradict themselves or incorrectly, ‘corrects’ what someone else has said.

Keep it up, addictive viewing.

For what it’s worth all express valid views, particularly on team selections - which has to bring in to question the Club’s management team. Whoever, takes the position that this Summer’s transfer dealings acquiring multiple similar midfielders and two ‘project’ forwards (with nothing bar an aging Wells, and injured Bell in reserve) was bonkers, also deserves support.

Also in agreement with Ian’s view on the owners … who else is going to take on this money-vacuuming ****show. What the Lansdown’s need to do is rapidly get a top quality football CEO in place and hand the reigns over to them to sort the Club out, breaking this umbilical cord that joins the Lansdown’s to Tinnion.  It’s what you do in business's, appoint the best in those spheres of the organisation you don’t have competences. What SL has demonstrated is he’s a great money man in share dealing, also visioning/delivery of sporting collectives/infrastructure, but he’s not very good meddling in football business. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Couldn’t agree more.  Constant references to Nigel Pearson and the “OTIB agenda brigade” are tiresome and completely irrelevant. FBC podcast is much better when the other two guys are on (Neil and the young lad). 

• Like 5

13 hours ago, RedRock said:

What the Lansdown’s need to do is rapidly get a top quality football CEO in place and hand the reigns over to them to sort the Club out, breaking this umbilical cord that joins the Lansdown’s to Tinnion.

Like an award winning former CEO of Premier League club with a proven track record of keeping a ‘smaller’ club in the top flight? But where would you find such a candidate 🤔

• Haha 5
  • Flames 1

@headhunter Very much enjoy watching and listening to this podcast and I always look forward to the next episode.

Agree with some comments about ‘The Agenda Crew’. I don’t personally believe that there is an agenda. I think all supporters want us to succeed but refuse to put a positive spin on everything and many are beyond frustrated at some of the ridiculous decisions made for non footballing reasons which have put the club in this transitional state yet again.

Ian is quite right to say that realistically the club can’t sack everyone including board members, but they are accountable for these decisions and if (and I do believe) we continue to back pedal and find ourselves in a relegation dogfight I hope at the very least they have the balls to own their mistakes and apologise to the supporters.

Under NP the club and supporters were onboard together as a whole. Now there are some who are putting up with it, but many like myself )who thought the decision to sack NP was diabolical) feel we were lied to about why the decision was made.

That’s not an agenda. That is valid questioning of the club’s integrity.

That issue has left a very bitter taste in the mouth for a lot of supporters.

Edited by Gert Mare
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 5

10 hours ago, Gert Mare said:

Under NP the club and supporters were onboard together as a whole. Now there are some who are putting up with it, but many like myself )who thought the decision to sack NP was diabolical) feel we were lied to about why the decision was made.

That’s not an agenda. That is valid questioning of the club’s integrity.

That issue has left a very bitter taste in the mouth for a lot of supporters.

if you were a sensitive person you would feel hurt. they ask you to trust them,so you do, then turn round and lie to you .  some thanks that is. not getting bitten again,by any of the snakes. 

so yes Gert Mare, i 100% agree with your sentiment 👍

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

@headhunter it’s a painful listen, with Ian Gay sounding like a populist far right lunatic. Spouting off unproven and nonsense opinions as facts and then challenging people to identify WHO we want as a coach and WHO we want as owners. When he says we could have won that game and we’d have been 10th, he’s right. But we didn’t :laugh:. We all know he has a Tinnion love in, but Tinnion is at fault for ALLOWING all the non-sense signings we made in the summer (like two unproven strikers, two number 10s, a panic buy LCB).  

I’m 32 minutes in. I wonder if I will make it further.

I also can’t share any optimism. We’ve played some of the worst teams in this division and we can’t score and we always look like conceding 2 or more.

That said, we do play better when the players decide to throw the Liam Manning play book out the window and play with a bit of passion and instinct. This will happen against some of the team coming up 

• Like 3

On 06/10/2024 at 22:26, Graham76 said:

I enjoy listening to the pod each week, but that was painful. Mark Tovey and Ian Gay constantly referring back to Nigel Pearson’s time at the club to deflect from Manning’s poor start to the season is unbearable.

Especially when the latter had an injury crisis mostly caused by impact injuries where players put their body on the line.

Now we have players - once again - dropping like flies with Hamstring issues such as Roberts and Dickie alone.

• Like 2

Wow.

At least you could say the episode was entertaining. 

Through most of that I thought I was listening to 3 Peaps In A Podcast such was the defence of Manning, Lansdown and Tinnion!

Deflecting criticism of Manning onto Nige was ridiculous, and saying “we were patient with Pearson, let’s be patient with Manning” is equally so. If only Lansdown had been patient, we might not be in this mess! 

• Like 4

On 11/10/2024 at 07:04, One Team said:

Wow.

At least you could say the episode was entertaining. 

Through most of that I thought I was listening to 3 Peaps In A Podcast such was the defence of Manning, Lansdown and Tinnion!

Deflecting criticism of Manning onto Nige was ridiculous, and saying “we were patient with Pearson, let’s be patient with Manning” is equally so. If only Lansdown had been patient, we might not be in this mess! 

It’s pretty obvious isn’t it!

All independence is lost but who cares  if the listener count is decent. 

The youngster is excellent and isn’t affected by the agenda crew at FBC! 

I think our new head of comms is doing an excellent job, not communicating and allowing others to obfuscate on her behalf. 

Just what was needed!

I hope the fans forum meeting doesn’t turn into a sycophants beano, but we will see.