IGNORED

Anis Mehmeti

BS3_RED

Should never wear the shirt again for me.

I only expect one thing from any player as we all have bad days ...effort.

His complete lack of effort in the first half in walking, yes walking back from the touchline when Cardiff were attacking let EVERYONE onside and they should have scored. Unforgivable for me and I would have hooked him off immediately.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2
  • Facepalm 1

Just now, Dullmoan Tone said:

Are we not mentioning he was culpable for their goal - mucking around with an attempted flick on the half way line that conceded possession and led to their goal.

I thought he was played into trouble myself but yes he could have just launched it away and kept it. 

• Like 1

He has got skills, but it’s his indecision which has always frustrated me. From the get go, he either selfishly hangs on to the ball too long when others are available, or when he does decide to release it,it’s always too late a decision. 

4 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

Are we not mentioning he was culpable for their goal - mucking around with an attempted flick on the half way line that conceded possession and led to their goal.

Check the crap ball he received its a promising attack slayed by sloppy sloppy forward play when the ball should have stuck and City concede a goal. Rubbish from front to back as a team.

Cracking strike mind. 

Unfair, yes he will mistakes, they all do otherwise every game would finish 0-0

Anis is one of those players who WILL take fullbacks on, something which is becoming more and more of a rarity

As with most wingers, he is a confidence player and battering him is really not the best way to get the best from him

He will hopefully learn from today, if not, then abuse will be due ...

Edited by Scrumpys Dietary Advisor..
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Scrumpys Dietary Advisor.. said:

Unfair, yes he will mistakes, they all do otherwise every game would finish 0-0

Anis is one of those players who WILL take fullbacks on, something which is becoming more and more of a rarity

As with most wingers, he is a confidence player and battering him is really not the best way to get the best from him

He will hopefully learn from today, if not, then abuse will be due ...

If it was going to happen for him then it would’ve happened by now.

Every so often he does something good and you hope that will continue but it just doesn’t.

There’s no end product with him.

Personally I don’t think he takes players on enough but the fact is any competent full back with pace and a bit of strength has Mehmeti well under their control.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Should have done better for their goal, but in fairness he's been one of our better players over the last few games.

What did you see against Sheffield Wednesday that made you say that? I thought he was anonymous for large parts of the game?

Yes. The goal was his fault today. 

But…. Here’s the mitigating circumstances. 

1) He’s a winger and he’s 15 yards inside his own half, on the touchline. 
Wingers try things. Was it the wrong place to try something? Yes, of course. But that’s the type of player he is. He tries things. 
Losing the ball 15 yards inside your own half, right up against the touchline, with 8 teammates behind you, should not result in a player shooting and scoring 2 seconds later. 

2) Once he lost the ball, where was everyone else? What shape were they in. All over the bloody place, that’s where.

3) I think it was Twine who managed to get the ball on the edge of our box and clear it to Armstrong  Armstrong, if he’d just got his head up, could have been charging forward with a potential 3 on 3 attack. For some bizarre reason he tried to backheel it to Anis, making him stop and have to turn back and try to keep the ball in play. Yes, Anis then does his stupid thing, but Armstrong put him in a bad situation.

4) The spell of pressure Cardiff had for the prior 2 minutes were a result of a shocking pass from McNally, where he basically passed it straight to their player, which resulted in a corner and a spell in our box. Dreadful from the giraffe  

So yeah, terrible from Anis, but it was part of a whole heap of utter shiteness! 

Edited by Harry
  • Like 6
  • Flames 4

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Mehmeti has generally been bright this season, today he was below par.

Sorry...for me he's been below par all season. Shooting is abysmal, creates little, weak defensively, hangs on to the ball too long....and that's on a good day. 

• Like 5

Is my favorite player in the team. The rest are all crap, he just had no players around to play anyway. Probably that's why he tries alone ,because he got 0 quality in the box. I enjoy him at times, I don't care about the end product, the rest are not better for sure. At least, he tries to play direct to the goal and has the desire to beat an opponent not to pass back or in the middle. 

The entire team look like shit in defence to be honest. If we start to blame an attacking player for conceding goals I don't think it is fair. We had a lot of goals around us, and that were not his mistakes. I don't wait Bell to take his place because Bell is worse than him in every aspect.

1 hour ago, Harry said:

But…. Here’s the mitigating circumstances. 

1) He’s a winger and he’s 15 yards inside his own half, on the touchline. 
Wingers try things. Was it the wrong place to try something? Yes, of course. But that’s the type of player he is. He tries things. 
Losing the ball 15 yards inside your own half, right up against the touchline, with 8 teammates behind you, should not result in a player shooting and scoring 2 seconds later. 

2) Once he lost the ball, where was everyone else? What shape were they in. All over the bloody place, that’s where.

3) I think it was Twine who managed to get the ball on the edge of our box and clear it to Armstrong  Armstrong, if he’d just got his head up, could have been charging forward with a potential 3 on 3 attack. For some bizarre reason he tried to backheel it to Anis, making him stop and have to turn back and try to keep the ball in play. Yes, Anis then does his stupid thing, but Armstrong put him in a bad situation.

4) The spell of pressure Cardiff had for the prior 2 minutes were a result of a shocking pass from McNally, where he basically passed it straight to their player, which resulted in a corner and a spell in our box. Dreadful from the giraffe  

So yeah, terrible from Anis, but it was part of a whole heap of utter shiteness! 

Harry, you know full well you can’t bring facts to an argument. 

I remember a comment on here a few years ago after O’Dowda had a good game which read “His best performance in a city shirt, 7/10” (this was in his 4th or 5th season)

Perhaps I’m being harsh but I feel like when Mehmeti has one of his good games it’s a 7/10 performance, never outstanding. 

Still only 23 though, plenty of time to improve & I hope he does. 

3 hours ago, Jackson Lamb said:

He’s in the Martyn Woolford and O’Dowda ability camp.

Brilliant username by the way, one of the best TV series characters of all time (one of the best TV series of all time too imo)

Just now, Carey 6 said:

I remember a comment on here a few years ago after O’Dowda had a good game which read “His best performance in a city shirt, 7/10” (this was in his 4th or 5th season)

Perhaps I’m being harsh but I feel like when Mehmeti has one of his good games it’s a 7/10 performance, never outstanding. 

Brilliant username by the way, one of the best TV series characters of all time (one of the best TV series of all time too imo)

Thanks. Fully agree with you on Slow Horses and the character Jackson Lamb. May have to give the books a go.

• Like 1

Just now, Carey 6 said:

Horrible comparation my friend ! That two players had nowehere near his ability. Mehmeti in the hands of a good coach can become a much better player than the ones you mentioned.

6 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Ep5 in the latest series is a belter.  Can’t wait t for the season finale on Wednesday.  Me and MrsF reckon his acting is so good, we can smell him through the telly!

• Like 2

I remain completely unconvinced that Mehmeti is a championship standard winger. Very little awareness of who or what is around him, crossing ability very hit and miss and decision making is terrible. Add to that his passing and shooting is poor. He's been here a while now and you can count his decent games on one hand, incredibly inconsistent. 

19 minutes ago, Mihai said:

Is my favorite player in the team. The rest are all crap, he just had no players around to play anyway. Probably that's why he tries alone ,because he got 0 quality in the box. I enjoy him at times, I don't care about the end product, the rest are not better for sure. At least, he tries to play direct to the goal and has the desire to beat an opponent not to pass back or in the middle. 

The entire team look like shit in defence to be honest. If we start to blame an attacking player for conceding goals I don't think it is fair. We had a lot of goals around us, and that were not his mistakes. I don't wait Bell to take his place because Bell is worse than him in every aspect.

You don’t care about end product ???

I can therefore understand why Anis is your favourite player.

I wouldn’t take up a career in scouting if I were you 

12 hours ago, Harry said:

I think that's harsh. The initial loss of possession was down to him, but Tanner turned us inside out and scored an absolute cracker. He beat two other players, remember. Let's be fair, it was a cracking goal.

• Like 2

He’s fine. Not our best player and not our worst. A useful part of the squad. Not his best game yesterday but nobody is really excelling right now. 

I don’t know why we are so extreme in our opinions on the ability of our players sometimes. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Back of the Dolman said:

You don’t care about end product ???

I can therefore understand why Anis is your favourite player.

I wouldn’t take up a career in scouting if I were you 

Nah, I don't care anymore about end product. This club is going nowhere, I watch the games to see some dribbles and a score where we don't concede a lot. For what I need a bit of end product from Mehmeti if we are not going to compete for something bigger ?  I care about end product at FCSB which plays in Europa League and end product is needed there.  

I would care about end product at Bristol City but there is no need to. We are not going to leave Championship soon. I mean not for Premier League because a Relegation to League One is not looking that impossible. If you care about end product you sack Manning you don't blame Mehmeti because no player has any idea about how to play around their box. So give me a break, at least I enjoy better technical skilled players, they make football look nicer.  To be honest, I would like my team to play nice football and lose 5-4 than to lose 1-0.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Scrumpys Dietary Advisor.. said:

Will he? When?

Why hasn’t he taken them on already?

What’s he waiting for?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Mihai said:

To be honest, I would like my team to play nice football and lose 5-4 than to lose 1-0.

So finish bottom of the league....losing 5-4,3-2 on a regular basis because you've been 'entertained' but relegated. I would take a pish poor performance and 1-0 win every game....if you want to be entertained forget football and watch something else. 

56 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

I think that's harsh. The initial loss of possession was down to him, but Tanner turned us inside out and scored an absolute cracker. He beat two other players, remember. Let's be fair, it was a cracking goal.

he beat one player twice. 

Our lynch pin no less. 

Anis Mehmeti is kind of a personification of Manningball. 

He shows glimpses of how good he can be, but he also is inconsistent and doesn't generate enough goals.

11 minutes ago, mozo said:

Anis Mehmeti is kind of a personification of Manningball. 

He shows glimpses of how good he can be, but he also is inconsistent

Shite

Fixed for you.

(You know I love Mehmeti really…)

Edited by Silvio Dante
  • Facepalm 1

I've defended Mehmeti in many games and he does at least consistently have attacking intent, which is lacking in some of our players, but he was dreadful yesterday. He was the principle culprit for their goal. 

If anyone has watched Norwich play under Thorup this season, you'll notice a player on the left...Bojan Sainz.

He plays in a way very similar to Anis, but is the ' finished article' so to speak. Lots of similarities, but he does what Anis doesn't do well. Finish, pass and cross well. 

I look at Norwich,under a new young coach. 

He plays 4231/433

He looks like us to keep the ball...but focuses on countering fast down the middle. Unlike us who slowly pass it around to the wide players. 

If Armstrong could finish like Sargent, his pace would suit this system. 

A front diamond of Mehmeti Twine Sykes/Yu, with Twine central, Bird and Knight behind. 

We have the players to play this way imo. 

Manning has other ideas though. 

Shame. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, spudski said:

If anyone has watched Norwich play under Thorup this season, you'll notice a player on the left...Bojan Sainz.

He plays in a way very similar to Anis, but is the ' finished article' so to speak. Lots of similarities, but he does what Anis doesn't do well. Finish, pass and cross well. 

I look at Norwich,under a new young coach. 

He plays 4231/433

He looks like us to keep the ball...but focuses on countering fast down the middle. Unlike us who slowly pass it around to the wide players. 

If Armstrong could finish like Sargent, his pace would suit this system. 

A front diamond of Mehmeti Twine Sykes/Yu, with Twine central, Bird and Knight behind. 

We have the players to play this way imo. 

Manning has other ideas though. 

Shame. 

I don't think I followed that... you think we have the players to succeed, but you acknowledge that Mehmeti and Armstrong don't have the end product?

4 minutes ago, mozo said:

I don't think I followed that... you think we have the players to succeed, but you acknowledge that Mehmeti and Armstrong don't have the end product?

Well they are obviously here, and we have what we have. So we have to work with what we've got. 

Imo...we would achieve better results, using different tactics with LMs 4231.

We progress slowly, looking to get into the opponents box. Often done from Wide. 

Stats prove, that as soon as you go wide into the last third, you lose the opportunity to score by two thirds. 

We aren't maximising Armstrong's speed and strength. 

Anis can come inside from wide and provide. 

Sykes can come inside more...he's also a good finisher.

Yet to see enough of YU, but what I have seen he has positives. 

Twine centrally providing. 

I see Manning's way of playing as holding us back. 

No way I'm saying we'd be top 6. 

But imo...better than now, which looks like bottom third, relegation fight all over it. 

• Like 2

It's fair that both Mehmeti and Armstrong (among others) are 'unfinished' or inconsistent, but the fact is, were they the complete package, no way could we afford them. An Armstrong that could finish would be well beyond £5m. 

5 minutes ago, spudski said:

Well they are obviously here, and we have what we have. So we have to work with what we've got. 

Imo...we would achieve better results, using different tactics with LMs 4231.

We progress slowly, looking to get into the opponents box. Often done from Wide. 

Stats prove, that as soon as you go wide into the last third, you lose the opportunity to score by two thirds. 

We aren't maximising Armstrong's speed and strength. 

Anis can come inside from wide and provide. 

Sykes can come inside more...he's also a good finisher.

Yet to see enough of YU, but what I have seen he has positives. 

Twine centrally providing. 

I see Manning's way of playing as holding us back. 

No way I'm saying we'd be top 6. 

But imo...better than now, which looks like bottom third, relegation fight all over it. 

I agree that Manning should have accrued more points (even just one of the draws into a win would be acceptable).

And naturally that must be a result of Manning's tactics.

But I disagree on a couple of points...

We are creating good attacking opportunities, but we're not taking them, and Armstrong, Mehmeti, Sykes and Twine are all culpable.

Sykes' end product went missing a long time ago (I personally think pre-Manning).

So your tactical tweaks will still reply on the same players being more deadly, won't they?

Or are you suggesting we will create easier chances?

The other thing that I disagree with is the relegation battle bit. We've shown enough character to persuade me that we're a mid table team.

13 minutes ago, mozo said:

The other thing that I disagree with is the relegation battle bit. We've shown enough character to persuade me that we're a mid table team.

We were lucky not to lose to the current bottom side at home.. Of course we should be concerned about a relegation battle. What are you seeing that most of us aren’t? Based on performances to date achieving your low bar number of points expectations for the first 10 games against some of the worst teams in the league even if achieved would still be insufficient to instil any confidence. Please answer honestly, based on what you have seen so far this season and the character that we have shown, how many points do you think that we will amass in the next 5 games?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mozo said:

I agree that Manning should have accrued more points (even just one of the draws into a win would be acceptable).

And naturally that must be a result of Manning's tactics.

But I disagree on a couple of points...

We are creating good attacking opportunities, but we're not taking them, and Armstrong, Mehmeti, Sykes and Twine are all culpable.

Sykes' end product went missing a long time ago (I personally think pre-Manning).

So your tactical tweaks will still reply on the same players being more deadly, won't they?

Or are you suggesting we will create easier chances?

We have too many players with weaknesses to be good at what he's trying to do. 

He's trying to break down teams that are set and in shape defensively.

The majority of the time our offence breaks down in the final third. This was even pointed out on Sky during the Cardiff game.

We aren't technically good enough and mentally quick enough to play this way imo.

You can create chances statistically, but if they aren't quality chances and you have quality finishers, it's pointless. It will take far more chances to score. The same with crossing...statistically the worst form of success for scoring. Something like 90 crosses on average per goal scored. Yet we persist with playing wide and crossing. 

Imo...we look better when we break on the counter when teams are out of shape. 

It will minimise our technical inability if we a attacking against a lest organised defence with more space available. 

• Like 1

Mehmeti has the skill to succeed at this level where he's lacking is his decision making. The number of times he's beaten the defence but then tries to produce a 'goal of the season" rather than look up and pass to someone in a better position infuriates me most weeks.

Manning needs to address this or Anis will underachieve in his career. At this moment I would start him on the bench and play Armstrong on the left in a sort of inside left position with Mayulu in the centre with Yu as the out and out winger. Sinclair and Fally can use their physicality to "beat up" the defencefor 60 or 70 minutes, once they are run ragged bring on Mehmeti and Nahki Wells to run at them.

I think Mehmeti will always divide opinions but there is a very good player in there but needs a firm hand with his coaching. If he improves his decision making and curb the Hollywood shots he could earn us plenty of points, the question is can Liam coach that into him and will Anis listen?

16 hours ago, Jackson Lamb said:

He’s in the Martyn Woolford and O’Dowda ability camp.

Interestingly - has less assists than Woolford in the same number of games - 2 more goals.

Not much in it, which is pretty damning as a larger portion of Woolfords appearances were from bench, not starts.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, FNQ said:

Please answer honestly, based on what you have seen so far this season and the character that we have shown, how many points do you think that we will amass in the next 5 games?

The logical conclusion is that based on our results so far, we will really struggle in the next 5 games.

The good thing is that football can often surprise you!

Will playing better teams bring better performances out of us? Possibly not, but it really has to.

1 minute ago, mozo said:

The logical conclusion is that based on our results so far, we will really struggle in the next 5 games.

Will playing better teams bring better performances out of us? Possibly not, but it really has to.

I’ll take that as zero then.. I was half expecting and looking forward to you saying 7 based on your 1.4 ppg model.

The reality is, if we can only average just over a point a game with the level of opposition to date then we really are going to struggle… It’s happening right now in front of us. Blindly waiting to see / hope that things improve by January or whenever is madness. We simply cannot go down under any circumstance and must do all things necessary to eliminate that very real possibility.

1 hour ago, spudski said:

We have too many players with weaknesses to be good at what he's trying to do. 

He's trying to break down teams that are set and in shape defensively.

The majority of the time our offence breaks down in the final third. This was even pointed out on Sky during the Cardiff game.

We aren't technically good enough and mentally quick enough to play this way imo.

You can create chances statistically, but if they aren't quality chances and you have quality finishers, it's pointless. It will take far more chances to score. The same with crossing...statistically the worst form of success for scoring. Something like 90 crosses on average per goal scored. Yet we persist with playing wide and crossing. 

Imo...we look better when we break on the counter when teams are out of shape. 

It will minimise our technical inability if we a attacking against a lest organised defence with more space available. 

For info, we give up better chances than we create. And I think that is a result of system weakness.

1 hour ago, mozo said:

So based on hope then?

(sorry not picking on you, honestly…but you do explain your thinking, so I like discussing with you)

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

For info, we give up better chances than we create. And I think that is a result of system weakness.

So based on hope then?

(sorry not picking on you, honestly…but you do explain your thinking, so I like discussing with you)

I'd much prefer it if you could just agree with everything I write Dave 😁

If I told you after gameweek 36 last season that in the final 10 games we would notch 18 points, including a 5-0 win, you probably wouldn't have believed me.

Is it inconceivable that our forwards could find just enough end product to turn draws into wins? 

I'd call it rational hope at this stage (I would, wouldn't I!)

1 hour ago, mozo said:

If I told you after gameweek 36 last season that in the final 10 games we would notch 18 points, including a 5-0 win, you probably wouldn't have believed me.

If I told you that the results over that period were better than the underlying “data” and for what they’re worth, my own observations / evaluations, and the start of this season might not be a trail or glory, where we’d get stuffed a couple of times and only get 11 points from 9 games, you probably wouldn’t have believed me! 😉😉😉

20 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

If I told you that the results over that period were better than the underlying “data” and for what they’re worth, my own observations / evaluations, and the start of this season might not be a trail or glory, where we’d get stuffed a couple of times and only get 11 points from 9 games, you probably wouldn’t have believed me! 😉😉😉

Touché.

If I told you now that after 20 games this season we will be in the top 6, you'd think I'm mad. Well...

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, mozo said:

Touché.

If I told you now that after 20 games this season we will be in the top 6, you'd think I'm mad. Well...

THIS is why it says not to drink alcohol whilst taking certain medicines...😂

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

So based on hope then?

I think it's a collective Dave. 

System could be better.

Add that to too many players learning on the job so to speak.

Anis learning. 

Armstrong learning to finish as well as system.

Mayulu... language, system, Championship. 

Yu...Ditto.

Twine...Prima Donna.

Injuries to key defenders. 

Little or no experience of better than this level.

Inexperienced coach at this level...admits learning on the job.

The combination of all of that, doesn't lead to any confidence in us not struggling this season.

anis is quality and any good coach would play to his strength and let him drive forward like all good wingers.

the problem is we are never going to see it under manning as like many wingers they are now called wing backs

i would like a new term of phrase wingforwards

• Like 1

Mehmeti was poor for the goal yes, but their interim head coach made a tactical change at half time and made Colwill press our left side more from his role in behind the striker.

It was tough for McNally not having a natural left footer to his left as McCrorie was always going to want to control on his right. (McCorie was my MOTM so not his fault… just a tough ask)

The pass out to that side was always going to be a problem for us because it would be a bit of a slower build out.

Hence the press on that side which led to them having three or four dangerous chances at the start of the second half.

And no surprise when the goal came from that area of the pitch too. We lost the natural balance and were too easy to get at.

Yet again, another opposition head coach making a small change and we don't adapt. Stick to the plan. The plan can't be wrong.

Said it in the MDT, Manning was lucky that Riza got cautious and wanted to hold out going to back 5 bringing Daland on and they didn't press us at all after.

The opposition manager let us back into the game. We didn't deviate from the plan, one bit of endeavour from Williams and McNally got us out of serious trouble.

Thank O'Dowda for being soft as mushy peas in the challenge prior to the equaliser too. 

Manning too stubborn, it's happened far too often. Listen to opposition managers interviews after and they all say they make little changes and no wonder we keep getting caught out.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

10 minutes ago, ProfitInMyPocket said:

Mehmeti was poor for the goal yes, but their interim head coach made a tactical change at half time and made Colwill press our left side more from his role in behind the striker.

It was tough for McNally not having a natural left footer to his left as McCrorie was always going to want to control on his right. (McCorie was my MOTM so not his fault… just a tough ask)

The pass out to that side was always going to be a problem for us because it would be a bit of a slower build out.

Hence the press on that side which led to them having three or four dangerous chances at the start of the second half.

And no surprise when the goal came from that area of the pitch too. We lost the natural balance and were too easy to get at.

Yet again, another opposition head coach making a small change and we don't adapt. Stick to the plan. The plan can't be wrong.

Said it in the MDT, Manning was lucky that Riza got cautious and wanted to hold out going to back 5 bringing Daland on and they didn't press us at all after.

The opposition manager let us back into the game. We didn't deviate from the plan, one bit of endeavour from Williams and McNally got us out of serious trouble.

Thank O'Dowda for being soft as mushy peas in the challenge prior to the equaliser too. 

Manning too stubborn, it's happened far too often. Listen to opposition managers interviews after and they all say they make little changes and no wonder we keep getting caught out.

You’ve written pretty much word for word what I wrote about Danny Rohl after Wednesday night’s game.

Do you think the away side is kinda sitting in first half, make sure they keep it solid, wait for City to be a bit frustrated…then give it a go second half?

As for the back-5, I took this pic during the substitution!

IMG_3140.thumb.jpeg.a60f3793ca560a4dde3e8ada47608bd8.jpeg

🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻

31 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

You’ve written pretty much word for word what I wrote about Danny Rohl after Wednesday night’s game.

Do you think the away side is kinda sitting in first half, make sure they keep it solid, wait for City to be a bit frustrated…then give it a go second half?

As for the back-5, I took this pic during the substitution!

IMG_3140.thumb.jpeg.a60f3793ca560a4dde3e8ada47608bd8.jpeg

🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻

Rohl said he made a few tweaks in his interview midweek too.

And I wouldn't say sitting in to the extreme that some clubs have in previous years.

Clubs don't need to be scared of us playing in behind or troubling them for range. It's always slow and passive and hopefully get round the sides for a tap in. 

Same old patterns, we don't play the ball quick enough for teams to be sitting in too deep.

I think Cardiff had the better chances of the first half too. Armstrong took it upon himself to try force something early on with 2 or 3 shots but other than that I can't remember much else of what we did.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ProfitInMyPocket said:

Rohl said he made a few tweaks in his interview midweek too.

And I wouldn't say sitting in to the extreme that some clubs have in previous years.

Clubs don't need to be scared of us playing in behind or troubling them for range. It's always slow and passive and hopefully get round the sides for a tap in. 

Same old patterns, we don't play the ball quick enough for teams to be sitting in too deep.

I think Cardiff had the better chances of the first half too. Armstrong took it upon himself to try force something early on with 2 or 3 shots but other than that I can't remember much else of what we did.

Did he? Must try and catch that, ta.

Yeah, I don’t think teams “park the bus”, but maybe just a tad more cautious first half.

You only have to subscribe to Coaches Voice, watch a couple of LM videos, and you pretty much know his patterns.

As you say Armstrong, being a bit spontaneous with his shooting, the break to the norm.

• Like 1