IGNORED

Anis Mehmeti

BS3_RED

I’d rather have a 1990 Junior Bent in the team. He may not have been massively skilful, but he gave his all and was a joy to watch (despite some frustration).

I can’t say the same for Mehmeti.

I think the trouble with Mehmeti is that when he receives the ball he's unsure what he's going to do, so the rest of the players are unsure too. If to make runs or not, and although I was not at the game I watched on Sky and both myself and son in law noticed how slow he was to press and just lazy in general.

I think we’re on the 78th time of asking ‘let’s try again Anis’ roll. Think Pearson sussed it far, far quicker than Manning - probably after a couple of months - by dropping him and that is a serious worry thinking about the current managerial incumbent, more so than a misfiring winger tbh. 

How many more attempts does Manning give the bloke? For our team - whether it’s a Pearson counter-attack or Manning possession approach - he is not a good fit. 

Due to our ‘project’ striker summer transfer business we now HAVE to have consistent goal-scoring wide men. Whatever Anis brings - and you have to applaud him getting to the top of the player fitness board pre-season - it ain’t goals. 

He was our best player by a margin in the first half against Sheff Wed, couldn't carry in on into the second half though.

I'm still on the side that he isn't quite good enough for the league but maybe we don't need to write him off yet

• Like 1

On 06/10/2024 at 19:05, Scrumpys Dietary Advisor.. said:

Unfair, yes he will mistakes, they all do otherwise every game would finish 0-0

Anis is one of those players who WILL take fullbacks on, something which is becoming more and more of a rarity

As with most wingers, he is a confidence player and battering him is really not the best way to get the best from him

He will hopefully learn from today, if not, then abuse will be due ...

Are we talking about the same player? For me when things are tough he is useless. Easily pushed off the ball, so often passes back or inside when facing only 1 fullback and his decision making shows a total lack of football intelligence. 

Problem is that he subbed replacement Sykes is almost the same and I have the feeling the ability to beat a man and cross the ball will soon be coached out of our Japanese winger.

• Like 2