IGNORED

Cam Pring

MC RISK77

Just now, Henry said:

It was bizarre for our head physio run over to Twine who it was clear had chipped a nail at best, where as the other guy and the St John’s crew looked around looking confused.

What was quite bizarre was that Twine had stayed down for ages. Several City players had the opportunity to put the ball out for treatment but none of them took it, and as the phase of play continued that’s when Cam got injured.

Why none of our players put the ball out considering the length of time ST was down is a puzzle….

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

Just now, Silvio Dante said:

What was quite bizarre was that Twine had stayed down for ages. Several City players had the opportunity to put the ball out for treatment but none of them took it, and as the phase of play continued that’s when Cam got injured.

Why none of our players put the ball out considering the length of time ST was down is a puzzle….

Perhaps they are already fed up with his play acting. He laid down pretending to be injured rather than help his teammates out.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Henry said:

It was bizarre for our head physio run over to Twine who it was clear had chipped a nail at best, where as the other guy and the St John’s crew looked around looking confused.

The physio was given permission to attend to Twine (by the fourth official, presumably via the referee on the comms system). 

The referee was attending to Pring before inviting treatment to be provided to him

• Like 1

It didn't look good,

I

was of the belief that if you had 2 players down that your opponents physio stepped in and did the gentlemanly thing.  No sign of Cardiff physio asking if we wanted his/he's assistance. 

And don't start me on St John's ambulance 😂

2 minutes ago, EmersonsKev said:

It didn't look good,

I

was of the belief that if you had 2 players down that your opponents physio stepped in and did the gentlemanly thing.  No sign of Cardiff physio asking if we wanted his/he's assistance. 

And don't start me on St John's ambulance 😂

Cardiff physio literally come on and attended to Twine 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, EmersonsKev said:

I didn't spot that, nor did those around me.  Cheers for the clarification. (better get my eyes tested 👀

Yeah I think rivalries aside, clubs also help where they can. Could be something serious, more a human thing than a rivalry. Physio probably doesn’t even support us I doubt! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bs4Red said:

Yeah I think rivalries aside, clubs also help where they can. Could be something serious, more a human thing than a rivalry. Physio probably doesn’t even support us I doubt! 

A physio is a medical professional, not really a football person.

They'd help someone who'd attacked their mother if they were injured - it's their job & in their nature to do so.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Henry said:

Perhaps they are already fed up with his play acting. He laid down pretending to be injured rather than help his teammates out.

Or constantly having to kick the ball out for a throw in, every time Twine goes down on the floor. Don’t they know they’ve got Max to do that for them?!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

32 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

THIS!!! 

We were shouting “get it out”. 
The first time we won possession back was with Knight. He had about 10 yards of space to turn and kick it out but he turned backwards (as usual) and passed it to an under pressure Tanner. Tanner then attempted to pass it up the line and only succeeded in passing it straight to them! 
Utterly ridiculous. 

Sorry, I know this might be a bit knee-jerk, but Pring would not be injured if Knight kicks it out, and then if Tanner kicks it out. 

They are partially at fault here. Sorry not sorry!! 

Edited by Harry
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MC RISK77 said:

Has anyone heard any news on Cam as of yet- rumours by where I sit are that it is a suspected fracture?

In his interview, McNally said he saw Pring's leg and it didn't look good, so I'd assume it's a fracture or dislocation.

I'd be absolutely raging if I was poor Cam, that ball should have been put out for Twine being down. Absolutely shocking lack of initiative from Knight and others who had the chance to do so.

• Like 3

Looked an innocuous footballing accident but Olly Tanner went up in my estimation when he took the trouble to go over to Cam and shake his hand when he was stretchered off. He looked genuinely concerned for Cam.

Shame he had to score that belter later tho!

Best wishes to Cam and hope he is back as soon as possible 🙏 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, MarcusX said:

FBC podcast said “gash on the ankle” where they got that from then? Not sure you strap and stretcher someone for just a gash

Unless they had a mobile X-ray machine they could not have a clue what they were dealing with except a gash and a lot of blood 

Cam looked as if he was struggling as they carried him off. 

1 minute ago, BritAbroad said:

On a FB page, Tara Pring (I have no idea if she is a relation of Cam or not), said "It's not broken but has a bad deep cut"

That sounds like very good news.

26 minutes ago, BritAbroad said:

On a FB page, Tara Pring (I have no idea if she is a relation of Cam or not), said "It's not broken but has a bad deep cut"

Should have played on then. Kids today. 🤣

EDIT

Thats called sarcasm before I get ripped a new one.  

Edited by BS3_RED
  • Like 7
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, BS3_RED said:

Should have played on then. Kids today. 🤣

EDIT

Thats called sarcasm before I get ripped a new one.  

Yep, quick splash from buster and his magic sponge and off you go! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BritAbroad said:

That's his mum👍 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Full nelson said:

Cut through muscle to the bone.

Had that. At the peak of the miners strike (South Staffs were strike-breakers) played for a Tamworth team away ‘up north’ and within 30 seconds of kick off had a 4 inch rip down the shin by an over-the-top-tackle. Saw blood oozing out of the squares in the nylon sock. Pulled it down and skin literally had folded back either side of the cut exposing the bone right down the shin.

Remember Physio literally pushing handfuls of Savalon from a pot into the wound. Went to A&E and can remember the nurse saying sarcastically ‘another brave footballer have we?’. Changed her tune when she saw the hole in my leg!

Took a while to heal … ended my season… so would have thought a minimum 6-8 weeks nowadays dependent on location/depth/size of cut and, no doubt, medical advancements since my injury. Key is not to get it infected, or it can become very serious … so a ‘thank you’ to my physio as I thought at the time ‘what the **** are you doing man?’. Good luck Cam and get back quick, we need you. 

…. and like with Cam to add insult to injury … the bloke didn’t even get booked.The ref said I should have been wearing shinpads as I was being carried off (this, in the days before pads were mandatory). 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, RedRock said:

Had that. At the peak of the miners strike (South Staffs were strike-breakers) played for a Tamworth team away ‘up north’ and within 30 seconds of kick off had a 4 inch rip down the shin by an over-the-top-tackle. Saw blood oozing out of the squares in the nylon sock. Pulled it down and skin literally had folded back either side of the cut exposing the bone right down the shin.

Remember Physio literally pushing handfuls of Savalon from a pot into the wound. Went to A&E and can remember the nurse saying sarcastically ‘another brave footballer have we?’. Changed her tune when she saw the hole in my leg!

Took a while to heal … ended my season… so would have thought a minimum 6-8 weeks nowadays dependent on location/depth/size of cut and, no doubt, medical advancements since my injury. Key is not to get it infected, or it can become very serious … so a ‘thank you’ to my physio as I thought at the time ‘what the **** are you doing man?’. Good luck Cam and get back quick, we need you. 

…. and like with Cam to add insult to injury … the bloke didn’t even get booked.The ref said I should have been wearing shinpads as I was being carried off (this, in the days before pads were mandatory). 

Had similar, but only a few of inches.  Yate player went over the top of the ball, forced my shin pad to the side and left a hole in my shin.  My teammate (son of a physio) puked when he saw the inside of my shin - not pretty (never gonna be a physio after that).  

8 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

All the players wearing them are lethal Razor Ruddocks.

Back in the early 90's at my school Downend, they banned plastic studs, as they were getting scuffed walking from the changing rooms across the playground to the fields, and my mate had his knee ripped open down to the bone from a scuffed plastic stud!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Back in the early 90's at my school Downend, they banned plastic studs, as they were getting scuffed walking from the changing rooms across the playground to the fields, and my mate had his knee ripped open down to the bone from a scuffed plastic stud!

I think they were termed as 'nylon' studs in those days.

I played against some filthy players that used to scuff them up on purpose to inflict damage. I've still got a a scar on one shin to prove it from 30 years ago!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Funny, because in Cubs football they stopped metal studs, which I thought was bonkers for the exact reasons you state.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RedRock said:

Serves you right for playing for a “scab” team 😙

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I remember in the '80s playing rugby where worn metal studs with razor sharp mushroom ends. Later on they introduced safety studs.

5 hours ago, RedRock said:

Yeah infections are key. I had my knee open to the bone thanks to a stud. Thought it had healed and played a couple of months later and just landed on the same knee and split to the bone again. Only the top surface had healed. So this time the hospital ensured all the crap was cleaned out before stitching it up

3 hours ago, TV Tom said:

Serves you right for playing for a “scab” team 😙

We only had one miner in the team, a very handy left winger who supplied the most delicious of crosses.

He was not joking though when he said nobody let on to the opposition that I’m a miner if we ever crossed the town boundary heading north. Interestingly, we stayed up in Rotherham once for a couple of matches and we didn't see him for 3 days and were getting really worried about his welfare - only to find he’d been shagging a woman he met 5 minutes after we arrived at the hotel for the entire time. 

Brilliant team and great lads, made up of Villa, Blues, Warsaw and Wolves supporters, plus an Argyle supporter from Plymouth who I acted as interpreter having become fluent in Brummie, arriving 5 years before him. While managing the accent eventually, the odd daft words like ‘outdoor’ could still catch me out mind. The ribbing us West Country lads used to get for the pronunciation of some words, was beyond brutal. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, cheese said:

I split a nail once playing in goal.  Took a few weeks for it to grow back.

Ooh, sounds nasty. Were you on crutches for long ?

Edited by BigTone

4 hours ago, cheese said:

I split a nail once playing in goal.  Took a few weeks for it to grow back.

I got my nail caught on a players shirt once and it got ripped out from the cuticle. They are surprisingly long and very painful, like a dull ache.

Very odd regrowing method too!

22 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

What years were you at Downend? Possible our paths crossed at some stage!

17 hours ago, TV Tom said:

Couldn't understand why we didn't kick it out of play because Twine had been lying on the floor further up the pitch for 30 seconds before Pring's injury 

Because Twine wasn't badly injured.  He got himself hurt by going half hearted into the challenge.  Bloody football 101 that is - go in half arsed and you are more likely to get hurt. Trouble with Whiny Twiney though is that he goes down under the slightest gust of wind, so I rather suspect he may be in a boy who cried wolf situation where our boys thought he'd be back up as soon as he realised he hadn't been given a free kick.

24 minutes ago, Oizys said:

Because Twine wasn't badly injured.  He got himself hurt by going half hearted into the challenge.  Bloody football 101 that is - go in half arsed and you are more likely to get hurt. Trouble with Whiny Twiney though is that he goes down under the slightest gust of wind, so I rather suspect he may be in a boy who cried wolf situation where our boys thought he'd be back up as soon as he realised he hadn't been given a free kick.

Indeed, I’ve been working on a variation of the S82 song to celebrate Scott’s qualities:

When the samba rhythm starts to play

Dance with me 

Make me sway

Scott Twine falling to the floor

Throwing arms

Gesturing

Ba da da da da da ba da da ba da da (etc)

7 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Indeed, I’ve been working on a variation of the S82 song to celebrate Scott’s qualities:

Dance with me 

Make me sway

Throwing arms

Gesturing

Just like this...

IMG_20241009_113540.jpg

19 hours ago, BigTone said:

Ooh, sounds nasty. Were you on crutches for long ?

Total bed rest with arm and finger raised.  Bandaged from head to toe.  Mrs wasn't convinced it was needed but I told her - you can't be too careful and I'm sure she wouldn't have wanted to be a young widow. (not sure about that last bit tbh)

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, cheese said:

Total bed rest with arm and finger raised.  Bandaged from head to toe.  Mrs wasn't convinced it was needed but I told her - you can't be too careful and I'm sure she wouldn't have wanted to be a young widow. (not sure about that last bit tbh)

Your bravery is inspirational

3 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Dance with me 

Make me sway

Throwing arms

Gesturing

To be fair, we're close to a different song for him aren't we...we just need three more people to make up the MC & A - He's got the Y shape down to a tee!

image.jpeg.b675a7986369ff9f87919e6b0d897d93.jpeg

JL, Manning & Tinnion making yup the quartet. Though with this pic maybe Sincs would fit in better.....(if you know, you know!)

28 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Slightly surprising not to have heard anything (unless I missed it). Fans obviously concerned for Cam, although appreciating that it's his personal medical details and if it is bad he may want a bit of time to come to terms with it himself.

Long, deep cut. No structural damage. On decent authority, but apologies if I am misinformed!

• Thanks 4