IGNORED

THE CLOCK IS TICKING

Topper 123

Cat Tick GIF by Stephen Maurice GrahamThe clock is ticking and I reckon it’s only 5 games and out , if the situation does not improve then the above will apply , it’s a shame really as he had the chance to assemble a decent tool box but he just can’t get a team to put out 2 back to back performances and it seems to be getting worse , players will also be changed and lose their places within the squad , this all sounds dramatic but I believe will happen-only my opinion 😉 but let’s see what happens after next 4-5 games 

• Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Topper 123 said:

The clock is ticking and I reckon it’s only 5 games and out , if the situation does not improve then the above will apply , it’s a shame really as he had the chance to assemble a decent tool box but he just can’t get a team to put out 2 back to back performances and it seems to be getting worse , players will also be changed and lose their places within the squad , this all sounds dramatic but I believe will happen-only my opinion 😉 but let’s see what happens after next 4-5 games 

He can't even get a team to put out 2 back to back halfs!  Well... not positive ones anyway.

Another capitulation between 45 & 60 on Sunday.  Far too many of those.

• Like 5
  • Flames 2

50 minutes ago, Oizys said:

He can't even get a team to put out 2 back to back halfs!  Well... not positive ones anyway.

Totally agree the lack of consistency from section of the game to next section never mind game to game is so frustrating put that along with mannings total lack of nouse trying to outsmart there manager makes it even worse .

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

As @leadman always says. We start the second half of games with our slippers on!

An absolutely true statement!

Are we sprinkling depressants on the half time oranges? Or is there something else going on in the dressing room? 

Maybe LM's boring them into a semi-coma

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The Owner and some fans have granted Manning the longest honeymoon period ever.

Given that he inherited a "top six squad" and was subsequently given bucketloads of money to bring in (allegedly) some even better players, and thus far, delivered the most mundane, one-dimensional football, why is the clock still ticking?

The alarm bell went off a long time ago, but Lansdown and certain fans have still not woken up and smelt the coffee.

N'est ce pas ?

Nescafe ?

Edited by Bazooka Joe
  • Like 16

1 hour ago, REDOXO said:

As @leadman always says. We start the second half of games with our slippers on!

An absolutely true statement!

Are we sprinkling depressants on the half time oranges? Or is there something else going on in the dressing room? 

We noticed that Cardiff improved after the break in play for Pring to get treatment. 

And again after half time. 

I think it's simply a case of the opposition manager spotting our weaknesses and relaying that information to his players. 

• Like 1

People saying the clock is ticking, why though? Yes it’s utterly boring and the results arnt great but on paper it’s ok, unless there is serious ambition to make the play offs but picking a manager from a division below probably wasn’t the best idea.

Mannings going nowhere for a long time. 

1 hour ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Given that he inherited a "top six squad" and was subsequently given bucketloads of money to bring in (allegedly) some even better players, and thus far, delivered the most mundane, one-dimensional football, why is the clock still ticking?

The alarm bell went off a long time ago, but Lansdown and certain fans have still not woken up and smelt the coffee.

N'est ce pas ?

Nescafe ?

There are sadly some fans who will ALWAYS take the clubs viewpoint on any subject matter in a somewhat egocentric quest to appear more intelligent than the average fan or poster . Sometimes we all need to just be allowed to let off a bit of steam without some arse kisser presenting an alternative view whilst sat on a patch of moral high ground ! I believe those are the fans you’re referring to 😂

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

People saying the clock is ticking, why though? Yes it’s utterly boring and the results arnt great but on paper it’s ok, unless there is serious ambition to make the play offs but picking a manager from a division below probably wasn’t the best idea.

Only our Club would appoint a manager from a team that the manager you’ve just sacked beat 5-0 in a friendly and then 3-1 (?) in the League Cup a couple of months earlier. Bizarre in the extreme. 

Maybe Earthy could put in a quiet word with Moyes/Newman while he’s sat on the sub bench. I can dream. 

25 minutes ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

History would contradict that view . His relationship with the fans is also as poor as for any manager I can recall over the past 50 years . Our next 7 games are horrific at this level and I think he has 3 games in him at best if those 3 go badly . We’ll almost certainly be in the drop zone if we lose the next 3 . If he can pick up maybe 4 points the next 9 available , he deserves the chance to continue but personally I don’t think we’ve a cat in hells chance of achieving that sadly 😢

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

You do sometimes wonder at half time if the manager is giving a resounding, Churchillian battle cry. Then you remember who the manager is and it’s probably more a case of Scott Murray running around trying to wake people up before the second half.

The good news for Manning is he’s got a chance for another “Southampton” moment coming up. A win against Leeds and he’ll be fine until the new year at least. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I cannot see him being sacked unless it becomes obvious we are stuck in the bottom three / in freefall ala Holden.

His failure would reflect very badly on JonL and Tinnion.

Also the transfers have been players Manning wanted as opposed to fitting a model as Nige had.

The next three could easily be three defeats though and Steve does not like being in the relegation zone.

3 hours ago, Bazooka Joe said:

N'est ce pas ?

Nescafe ?

I’m looking forward to the “we have injuries” excuse that will soon be used by Manning. That wasn’t an acceptable excuse for the last manager according to the board, so let’s do if it is this time around even thought the squad depth is greater following huge investment.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

We are Mannings going nowhere for a long time. 

1 hour ago, ralphindevon said:

You do sometimes wonder at half time if the manager is giving a resounding, Churchillian battle cry. Then you remember who the manager is and it’s probably more a case of Scott Murray running around trying to wake people up before the second half.

The good news for Manning is he’s got a chance for another “Southampton” moment coming up. A win against Leeds and he’ll be fine until the new year at least. 

...but which New Year? :shocking:

• Like 1

I can’t see Manning getting the boot anytime soon for two main reasons - 1) manning has a four year deal and the hierarchy won’t want to pay off his contract along with his side kick Hogg

2) it would lead to yet another embarrassing wrong appointment and none of them would want that.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

if we beat leeds,it will last until the next time we beat them, that would be a massive bonus for him

1 hour ago, formerly known as ivan said:

I’m looking forward to the “we have injuries” excuse that will soon be used by Manning. That wasn’t an acceptable excuse for the last manager according to the board, so let’s do if it is this time around even thought the squad depth is greater following huge investment.

My English is bloody awful!

7 hours ago, Topper 123 said:

Cat Tick GIF by Stephen Maurice GrahamThe clock is ticking and I reckon it’s only 5 games and out , if the situation does not improve then the above will apply , it’s a shame really as he had the chance to assemble a decent tool box but he just can’t get a team to put out 2 back to back performances and it seems to be getting worse , players will also be changed and lose their places within the squad , this all sounds dramatic but I believe will happen-only my opinion 😉 but let’s see what happens after next 4-5 games 

Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee.

Edited by Malago
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

I can’t see Manning getting the boot anytime soon for two main reasons - 1) manning has a four year deal and the hierarchy won’t want to pay off his contract along with his side kick Hogg

2) it would lead to yet another embarrassing wrong appointment and none of them would want that.

Very much agree with your second point. Regarding your first, it depends what his pay off is . It’s very rarely  if ever the entire length of the contract . 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Oizys said:

Can we keep him in the stands at HT as clearly whatever he says at half time is not inspiring the players. 

8 hours ago, Oizys said:

Can we keep him in the stands at HT as clearly whatever he says at half time is not inspiring the players. 

5 hours ago, rednotblue said:

I cannot see him being sacked unless it becomes obvious we are stuck in the bottom three / in freefall ala Holden.

His failure would reflect very badly on JonL and Tinnion.

Also the transfers have been players Manning wanted as opposed to fitting a model as Nige had.

The next three could easily be three defeats though and Steve does not like being in the relegation zone.

Agreed, there will have to be some serious humble pie served up before hes fired. Just think eustace was available when manning was appointed, hes got blackburn very competitive with very little transfer budget,,, what a shame!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Simon bristol said:

Agreed, there will have to be some serious humble pie served up before hes fired. Just think eustace was available when manning was appointed, hes got blackburn very competitive with very little transfer budget,,, what a shame!

Apparently he turned us down 

• Like 1

Next 5 games are make or break time for LM. I think he needs 5 points absolute minimum, which would give him 16 points from 14, just to keep his job. 

Trouble is I can't see 5 points or even a single win in those 5 games. Scrape 3 points maybe, 14 from 14, then just outside the relegation zone with likely defeat against Burnley to come. 14 from 15, gone!

However it's proven again and again that you can never predict the Championship and which games are so say 'easier'. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

Take a leaf out of the Sunderland book.

Mike Dodds and his asst,have the resources in the coaching set up.

A French coach just been joined by a very experienced Portuguese coach, plus a goalkeeping coach and set pieces coach.

They are building a successful and exciting team.

We lost Cisse , did he get replaced? 
 I suppose we still have Tins mates Micky Bell and Mat Hewlett to call on , but does this scream “we want Premiership football “

Although in all honesty an exciting Championship top 6 would do me fine.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, fgrsimon said:

Next 5 games are make or break time for LM. I think he needs 5 points absolute minimum, which would give him 16 points from 14, just to keep his job. 

Trouble is I can't see 5 points or even a single win in those 5 games. Scrape 3 points maybe, 14 from 14, then just outside the relegation zone with likely defeat against Burnley to come. 14 from 15, gone!

However it's proven again and again that you can never predict the Championship and which games are so say 'easier'. 

14 from 15 games = disaster 

14 points from 45 should see any manager fired

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

It’s fine to say Manning should go, and at any sensible club he probably would. But given the City structure and hierarchy who would want to come? The club has become an embarrassing s**t show. Run by the clueless with the help of the incompetent. Why would any sensible manager want it on their CV? 
The problem is much, much deeper than Manning. 

• Like 5
  • Flames 3

13 hours ago, Baldyman said:

History would contradict that view . His relationship with the fans is also as poor as for any manager I can recall over the past 50 years . Our next 7 games are horrific at this level and I think he has 3 games in him at best if those 3 go badly . We’ll almost certainly be in the drop zone if we lose the next 3 . If he can pick up maybe 4 points the next 9 available , he deserves the chance to continue but personally I don’t think we’ve a cat in hells chance of achieving that sadly 😢

If we do badly in those 3 games but are still sat mid table there is no way in a million years he would get sacked, in my view anyway. 

• Confused 1

40 minutes ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

If we do badly in those 3 games but are still sat mid table there is no way in a million years he would get sacked, in my view anyway. 

If we do badly in those 3 games we won’t be sat mid-table.  We aren’t mid-table currently, we aren’t going up the table with 3 bad results are we?

• Like 6
  • Flames 1

16 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

We noticed that Cardiff improved after the break in play for Pring to get treatment. 

And again after half time. 

I think it's simply a case of the opposition manager spotting our weaknesses and relaying that information to his players. 

And converely, Manning seems incapable of doing the same. 

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

And converely, Manning seems incapable of doing the same. 

he does know how to tell the time tho,

45...stop the press

60....make some subs

87...throw on a couple for a run out

90+15...bluff way out of interview

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

I literally cannot listen to the hapless, dull ******. Christ only knows what he does to the players.

at least you get the choice, i fell asleep at half time sunday, mrs had charlie and the chocolate factory on the tv, sat down for 10 mins with her and was out like a light😆

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Baldyman said:

There are sadly some fans who will ALWAYS take the clubs viewpoint on any subject matter in a somewhat egocentric quest to appear more intelligent than the average fan or poster . Sometimes we all need to just be allowed to let off a bit of steam without some arse kisser presenting an alternative view whilst sat on a patch of moral high ground ! I believe those are the fans you’re referring to 😂

So the forum should just be for those that agree with you, because anyone who disagrees must be doing it dishonestly? What breathtaking arrogance.

52 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

at least you get the choice, i fell asleep at half time sunday, mrs had charlie and the chocolate factory on the tv, sat down for 10 mins with her and was out like a light😆

You should see me on a nightshift, in my flycatcher pose.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

I literally cannot listen to the hapless, dull ******. Christ only knows what he does to the players.

This is not an insignificant point. You might be an absolute genius, but if you cannot communicate and inspire people then it's not going to work. He is dull as ditchwater - i fail to see how the young players in particular get any inspiration from him.

• Like 5

On 08/10/2024 at 16:52, Bazooka Joe said:

N'est ce pas ?

Nescafe ?

I agree the results and as a whole the performances haven’t been where they should be but I personally think this season it’s been far from boring , we have actually played some very decent football at times , I don’t see where this boring manningball is coming from this season , we have been poor in games and made mistakes I totally agree but boring deffo not just an easy narrative in my opinion ( by the way I’m not defending him ) his in game management is piss poor , but far from boring 

Edited by redkev

1 hour ago, redkev said:

I agree the results and as a whole the performances haven’t been where they should be but I personally think this season it’s been far from boring , we have actually played some very decent football at times , I don’t see where this boring manningball is coming from this season , we have been poor in games and made mistakes I totally agree but boring deffo not just an easy narrative in my opinion ( by the way I’m not defending him ) his in game management is piss poor , but far from boring 

FWIW I think the last two games has seen Manning react to too many defensive probs by going a bit more cautious than earlier games this season.  So I liked some of our attacking play in the earlier games, but I think he’s decided to reign it on a bit.

• Like 1

On 08/10/2024 at 16:52, Bazooka Joe said:

N'est ce pas ?

Nescafe ?

NP’s sacking came completely out of the blue and shocked a lot of supporters.

The supposed ‘footballing reasons’ for the sacking were made crystal clear through various channels.

It was basically, JL is the Chairman, it’s his club, they know what they’re doing and bollocks to the supporters. Mannings appointment will deliver the clear strategy that they have so stop moaning and STFU.

They cannot afford for it to fail which is why the honeymoon period has extended beyond a normally acceptable period and will continue to extend for some time yet. If it fails they have nowhere to hide. Their pride is keeping this going, nothing else.

They don’t have the guts to admit they got this completely wrong and that’s because they failed to read the room. It’s my gut feeling that this situation is only going to get worse as we cannot score goals. A major storm is brewing, self inflicted by the hierarchy of the club.

Edited by Gert Mare
  • Like 6
  • Flames 4

17 hours ago, Davefevs said:

FWIW I think the last two games has seen Manning react to too many defensive probs by going a bit more cautious than earlier games this season.  So I liked some of our attacking play in the earlier games, but I think he’s decided to reign it on a bit.

Yeah, but if we have many games like the Millwall one, half the fans will be unable to attend on medical grounds...

"It's me heart/blood pressure/nerves/I'm dead"

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

Where we are now I would class as mid table, the bracket of between 10th and 16th . 

Ok, I’ll go with your categorisation of mid-table.  In fact, I’m quite happy with the table being treating as “thirds”.

But if we do badly, bearing in mind we are already “bottom” of your “mid-table”, we will have slipped out of that bracket, surely, ie no longer be mid-table.

• Like 1

On 08/10/2024 at 18:39, RedRock said:

Only our Club would appoint a manager from a team that the manager you’ve just sacked beat 5-0 in a friendly and then 3-1 (?) in the League Cup a couple of months earlier. Bizarre in the extreme. 

Maybe Earthy could put in a quiet word with Moyes/Newman while he’s sat on the sub bench. I can dream. 

Recently Manning used the boring Sheff Wed home game as a marker for how we've progressed since we lost to them away last season. 

Well as hes done that then I can compare the Oxford home game from last season and the Oxford home game this season where we barely got accross the line and use that to show we've gone backwards.  

I said in early Sept that we needed a maximum of 9 points from the games against Oxford (W) Cardiff (D) and Sheff Weds (D) as we would struggle with the games following Boro, Stoke, Leeds, Preston (hardly ever do well up there), Sheff Utd and then Norwich I still say I can't see us getting many points from these games (unless things change drastically) and LM will be gone before the next international break in November

• Flames 2