IGNORED

George Baldock has died

TammyAB

14 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

RIP - terrible news 

Admittedly we don’t know the causes yet, but it seems to becoming more and more regular with young athletes 

Unsurprising after Covid which is a respiratory disease. But as you say, we don’t know the causes right now. 

9 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

RIP - terrible news 

Admittedly we don’t know the causes yet, but it seems to becoming more and more regular with young athletes 

Probably not the thread for this but always one who makes this claim (usually without even knowing the circumstances)

There’s studies out there that show it’s not becoming more regular, it’s always happened unfortunately.

Anyway, RIP George, always liked him as a player and obviously brother of our Sam. Sad that it’s England v Greece tonight, I’m sure he’ll be respected before the game though.

• Like 6

I remember overhearing a long conversation he had with some of our players outside the MK Stadium, while I was waiting for a taxi back to my hotel. He presumably knew them through his brother, who had left us for Brighton that Summer. 

He seemed a really nice guy and at one point he said "it must be amazing playing in front of an away support like that?", I think we had taken over 6000. At least he will have experienced something like it with Sheffield United.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, jambodinho said:

Was at Panathinaikos with Hörður Magnússon who has put a tribute on his socials. No age. RIP George 

Someone told me the news earlier, and the Magnusson connection. I was naturally totally shocked. This just should not happen. RIP George and deepest condolences to his family and friends. 

• Like 3