IGNORED

England v Greece

Davefevs

1 minute ago, Slack Bladder said:

With all that talent available, you would have thought we could of put square pegs in square holes

Saw an article headline saying Cole Palmer's new role. Wish I'd read it now, might have understood what I was supposed to be watching.

I thought Greece were sharp, good on the break and cohesive- we had our moments but not sure we deserved anything from that, I only really saw the 2nd half.

We were average? Below? Check for a possible penalty right towards the end- will watch it back in full later in the week.

Carsley...yeah he isn't getting the job.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

Beaten not just fair and square but all ends up. Greece had the ball in the net 5 times with England saved on 3 occasions. There are experiments and then there's madness. Let's start with no recognised full backs, no recognised centre forward and wingers that don't go by anybody. Greece couldn't believe their luck. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I thought Greece were sharp, good on the break and cohesive- we had our moments but not sure we deserved anything from that, I only really saw the 2nd half.

We were average? Below? Check for a possible penalty right towards the end- will watch it back in full later in the week.

Think it could of been a penalty but to be honest we got exactly what we deserved from the game. 

• Thanks 1

For people that may say on forums or the internet “bet you wish we had Gareth again” - he was struggling come the end to manage this squad, due to the amount of “elite” players we now have. Back in 2018 we didn’t really have any world-class stars (Kane was on his way there i suppose).

The next coach needs to be someone who can handle the ego’s that are coming through. I get a big name doesn’t guarantee success, but i can’t see Carsley being able to manage this team, even tonight they didn’t look like they were enjoying it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Admin
5 minutes ago, Slack Bladder said:

With all that talent available, you would have thought we could of put square pegs in square holes

Big problem is these guys shine for their clubs because the right players are around them to bring out their strengths, put them into a different team and those around them have different strengths and weeknesses thus impacting on each others games 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

For people that may say on forums or the internet “bet you wish we had Gareth again” - he was struggling come the end to manage this squad, due to the amount of “elite” players we now have. Back in 2018 we didn’t really have any world-class stars (Kane was on his way there i suppose).

The next coach needs to be someone who can handle the ego’s that are coming through. I get a big name doesn’t guarantee success, but i can’t see Carsley being able to manage this team, even tonight they didn’t look like they were enjoying it.

Minded to agree. This group has a lot of egos. Too many in fact. Some tough decisions will need to be made.

The rumours of Jude trying to boss Southgate about don't make for pretty reading, if true. 

Needs a strong leader to come in and rule the roost, if that's even possible these days...

Poor night for Pickford, but he’s largely been good for England. So clear of any of the other options we have to play in goal. 

Branthwaite should start in this side too. 

Not as sold on Mitchell as a few of you seem to be. I think Lewis Hall at Newcastle is a better option.

Hope Carsley doesn’t get the job.

• Like 1

Coaching snobbery is ruining football tbh. Playing without a proper forward was a piss take from minute o one not an experiment. A two bob coach ripping up the coaching manual and not only losing but getting battered.

I would give it to Ashley Cole on Sunday. People forget how ordinary we were against Finland too. I think we know better than anyone on here that a bit of success with youngsters doesn’t equip you for the top job……..

Fair play to Greece though, tore us apart on the break.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Minded to agree. This group has a lot of egos. Too many in fact. Some tough decisions will need to be made.

The rumours of Jude trying to boss Southgate about don't make for pretty reading, if true. 

Needs a strong leader to come in and rule the roost, if that's even possible these days...

Not heard that about Jude but he does come across as getting too much of an ego which may only get worse, wonder if that effects the other players. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Suddenly looking solid and hard to beat, with players looking like they actually enjoyed playing for their country looks quite appealing 

indeed.. Southgate wasn't everyones cup of tea but results wise he was unmatched. IMO if we played that game tonight under Gareth we would have breezed to a win..

• Like 6