IGNORED

Pay What You Want at Yate Town

Yatetownfc

40 minutes ago, phantom said:

I always think this is a great gesture by a club but out of interest @Yatetownfchow do the gate receipts compare to if normal admission is charged?

No idea but what I do know is attendances are climbing - over 500 for Melksham on Saturday. The clubs gate receipts do vary because there are lots of initiatives - for example on Saturday City and Rovers season card holders got in for £8 as opposed to the £12 entry, and kids signed to the affiliate youth club (Yate United) get free entry.

The crowds were bobbing between 200-350 a year ago. It’s climbing so a season on season comparison on this fixture alone is a bit futile. I’d imagine most locals will chuck a tenner in though.

Two tips:

- Take cash. There are two turnstiles and the card one has a massive queue, the cash one less so.

This:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

No idea but what I do know is attendances are climbing - over 500 for Melksham on Saturday. The clubs gate receipts do vary because there are lots of initiatives - for example on Saturday City and Rovers season card holders got in for £8 as opposed to the £12 entry, and kids signed to the affiliate youth club (Yate United) get free entry.

The crowds were bobbing between 200-350 a year ago. It’s climbing so a season on season comparison on this fixture alone is a bit futile. I’d imagine most locals will chuck a tenner in though.

Two tips:

- Take cash. There are two turnstiles and the card one has a massive queue, the cash one less so.

This:

That scran looks decent.....may have to come watch a game.

Just now, BeggyBlaggers said:

That scran looks decent.....may have to come watch a game.

It’s not bad!

As @Barrs Court Red says, there is other opportunity as well - the day before the Leeds game our game against Cribbs has been moved to the Friday night. Although I’m biased (and lucky enough to be able to walk to Lodge Road), it is a great environment. Beers by the pitch, good scran, a pretty decent standard and a good price. If I could convince @Yatetownfc to let Yate United coaches in for free as well it’d be a bonus ;)

Plus, if you’ve ever seen Lodge Road it’s flanked by some iconic (yes I said iconic) trees. These are shortly coming down to make way for a development - it’s a shame, but needed for the club to progress. But get down there before they go as they frame the pitch beautifully.

Bluebells…..

• Like 2

• Admin
4 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

It’s not bad!

As @Barrs Court Red says, there is other opportunity as well - the day before the Leeds game our game against Cribbs has been moved to the Friday night. Although I’m biased (and lucky enough to be able to walk to Lodge Road), it is a great environment. Beers by the pitch, good scran, a pretty decent standard and a good price. If I could convince @Yatetownfc to let Yate United coaches in for free as well it’d be a bonus ;)

Plus, if you’ve ever seen Lodge Road it’s flanked by some iconic (yes I said iconic) trees. These are shortly coming down to make way for a development - it’s a shame, but needed for the club to progress. But get down there before they go as they frame the pitch beautifully.

Bluebells…..

I've not been to Yate since the Dunn brothers played for them 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

It’s not bad!

Bluebells…..

I only live up by the tern mate. Never really made the effort to watch yate tbh

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

It’s not bad!

Bluebells…..

Quoting myself here - @Yatetownfc I think the Cribbs game will be off due to the FA Trophy tie next day, can you confirm?

2 hours ago, MC RISK77 said:

Haven’t been their for years but always remember playing their- was a very big pitch from memory, pretty sure people used to say it was the same dimensions as Wembley but not sure how true that was or not.

Couldn't tell you how big it is, but I was always knackered after playing on it. Probably more down to my fitness 🙈🤣

Sadly there is a lot of clay in Yate. It's either rock hard in the summer, or boggy in the winter. 

Sadly I don't get to watch Yate as much these days, as I moved from the area. FGR is now my local club.

However...over the past season or two, it's been far more entertaining than watching City play. Real local community feel. 

Crowds are up, and Mark Thorne who's running it now ( good player in his day ) has really improved the Club as a whole. 

Non league football is a breath of fresh air. 

FGR against Man Utd U21s on Tuesday night was also highly entertaining...far more than at City, which I find really sad in saying. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gert Mare said:

Spent many weekends and nights at Yate Town in the mid-late 90’s when Jacko’s son Sam was running the bar.

Very mullered days with the locals 😂🍺 

Jacko was manager when I played.

I know Sam well 

He runs the Grapes in Sodders. Lovely lad.

6 hours ago, Gert Mare said:

Spent many weekends and nights at Yate Town in the mid-late 90’s when Jacko’s son Sam was running the bar.

Very mullered days with the locals 😂🍺 

Then onto Spirals i bet?!!

22 hours ago, spudski said:

Couldn't tell you how big it is, but I was always knackered after playing on it. Probably more down to my fitness 🙈🤣

Sadly there is a lot of clay in Yate. It's either rock hard in the summer, or boggy in the winter. 

Sadly I don't get to watch Yate as much these days, as I moved from the area. FGR is now my local club.

However...over the past season or two, it's been far more entertaining than watching City play. Real local community feel. 

Crowds are up, and Mark Thorne who's running it now ( good player in his day ) has really improved the Club as a whole. 

Non league football is a breath of fresh air. 

FGR against Man Utd U21s on Tuesday night was also highly entertaining...far more than at City, which I find really sad in saying. 

Fair shout mate- I live 5 mins from Mangotsfield United and keep meaning to take in a game one day but never get round to it mainly because when city arnt playing I prefer to watch Cleve Rugby next door to Cossham street.

Think the Mangoes have fallen on a bit of hard times recently and dropped down the leagues- but will try and get down their once the new pitch is finished.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Fair shout mate- I live 5 mins from Mangotsfield United and keep meaning to take in a game one day but never get round to it mainly because when city arnt playing I prefer to watch Cleve Rugby next door to Cossham street.

Think the Mangoes have fallen on a bit of hard times recently and dropped down the leagues- but will try and get down their once the new pitch is finished.

I think they’ve got an open day in the near future?

5 hours ago, MC RISK77 said:

They're having a good season so far when you consider they've only played away games

On 10/10/2024 at 20:08, Yatetownfc said:

With City away to Middlesbrough on that day why not come and support a local club and only pay what you want to pay!

Loads of activities planned - a great day for the local community.

Yate Town v Tavistock - Saturday 19th October - PAY WHAT YOU WANT

I am sure we will see better football than normal for sure. 

On 11/10/2024 at 06:36, MC RISK77 said:

Haven’t been their for years but always remember playing their- was a very big pitch from memory, pretty sure people used to say it was the same dimensions as Wembley but not sure how true that was or not.

When I was reffing Max Dimensions were 130 x 100 I’m not sure if that’s changed or not. 

The smallest pitch I ever did a game on was Forest Green IN SURREY. They had minimum dimensions which if I remember correctly was 100 x 50. But the pub was right there which helped! 

Disclaimer. I’m getting on a bit so my memory of the laws etc circa the 80s isn’t as good as it was. 😂 

On 10/10/2024 at 21:20, Silvio Dante said:

It’s not bad!

Bluebells…..

Unfortunately because of our progression in the FA Trophy (away to Hungerford) our Friday night game against Cribbs won't be played!

• Like 1