IGNORED

Brian Tinnion talks recruitment...

spudski

13 minutes ago, Jose said:

What an utterly depressing post @spudski. And one that I agree with every word. 

Such a sad club to support. The fans deserve so much better. 

It is depressing, I agree.

Sadly we have people owning and running our club, that might be nice people, that say they have good intentions, but want to do it their way, which imo, isn't the right way. 

I've come to the conclusion that they live in a land of make believe. It's like a fluffy Disney movie. All sugar and spice and all things nice.

Keep the nasty men with there home truths away from me scenario. 

Whilst in the nasty, hard edged real world of football, other clubs pass us by. 

• Like 15

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

For me it clearly highlights they had no clue what they already had here and what was being grown.

And if I had a £1 for everytime I hear “front foot, forward thinking football”, “progressive manager” I could afford to buy SL out!!!  We don’t even “high press”.

Based on his time at Oxford and MK Dons he didn’t fit the brief, but you could argue as fans we wait to see if he might’ve done things differently here, rather than what has happened is gradually revert to his one-way of playing.

That interview must’ve been interesting. 

If / when he goes the reasons will be even more interesting.

I have no sympathy for them whatsoever.

54 minutes ago, spudski said:

I don't understand being sympathetic to them mate.

Whilst they may wish things to be a certain way, it's purely based on hope, rather than knowledge and experience. 

It's an embarrassment tbh.

A very clever man in finance has bought a football club and spent millions on it. 

He's wanted to build a legacy. A legacy for him.

Anyone with that sort of money and desire can build a ground and infrastructure, bricks and mortar, to make a Club Championship standard. 

Someone said on a thread that they asked SL whether he was proud of what he had achieved, whilst looking out onto the pitch from the Lansdown stand. 

He beamed that he was. 

A shiny new stadium and training ground. A stand named after him. Sitting down in his box overlooking the 'plebs' that turn up every week, to be 'entertained'. 

Reminiscent of a Roman Emporer narcissistically and egotistically warming in the glow of what he has created. 

Then being dumb enough to put his son in charge, who is so out of his depth it's unbelievable. 

A son that runs this club knowing he has no pressure on him from above. It's his job for life if he wants it. 

How thick must your skin be, how self unaware of your ability, or deep down knowingly embarrassed, to speak publicly to fans, media, the whole football world listening and watching your words, the continual fails, year after year after year. 

People say he is camera shy and to give him grace. 

I just see a blagger...a blagger who knows he's not qualified to do the job at hand, deep down embarrassed, but too biligerent to move aside.

It's his and Daddy's play thing. It's their club...they'll do as they want, make the mistakes, and it won't make any difference. 

They are the Millwall of ownership...

🎼🎶 Nobody likes us, we don't care, we do what we want 🎶🎼

They surround themselves with yes men... subservient to them...regardless of their qualifications and ability.

As soon as they see ' the light' so to speak, and employ people that are qualified to do the job, they don't like it when they are told some home truths. 

Those people either leave of their own accord as they see the working relationship won't work, or are sacked. 

I put BT in the same bracket. 

He's totally unaware of his ability at this level. Thinks that having worked at the Club for a long time qualifies him for his present position. 

He's as thick as two planks, bluffs his way through, and protects his position, that's very obvious. 

In LM...they have a shadow of themselves. Learning on the job, totally unqualified at this level. 

You've only got to see them all when interviewed and questioned. 

You can spot blaggers a mile off. Totally uncomfortable, knowing they are living a lie. Body language, mannerisms, attitude, words...all show up as to them being out of their depth, and imo, they know it as well.

This Club might be nice...a lovely stadium. But it's nothing special at this level...and so much of it is run poorly. 

Media, shop, ticketing, hospitality, website, communication, food, drink...all imo really poor. 

If it was a business, restaurant or supermarket, you wouldn't touch them with a barge pole. 

With all the backing and support, imo, we are an embarrassment in continual under achievement. 

Sadly...in years to come, the Legacy will be seen as that. 

An owner and son, with money, that built and built...but failed horribly in what they wanted to achieve.

A legacy of words spoken, that all can read, that are embarrassing to read, when putting into practice, actions, to fulfil those dreams. 

Moneyed men, perennial underachievers and dreamers. 

I think when I mean sympathy - I mean that some of the more personal criticism I found hard to read, as, if I’m giving them the benefit of the doubt - regardless of ability, they are trying their best with good intentions to achieve success at the club.

However @Davefevs - I can’t disagree with anything you wrote and if BT manoeuvred to oust NP for his own personal gain, then my sympathies go, live by the sword….likewise if JL is just using the club to justify a huge chairman’s salary to fund his lifestyle, again, sympathies gone.

Also @spudski - again I can’t disagree with any of your well written post mate. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

when he goes the reasons will be even more interesting.

I don't think they will.

They won't accept it as a mistake on their part, there will be a lot of fudging and blurring lines and they will supply very little of anything. 

Along the lines of , it wasn't what we expected or were promised but look at our new list !!!

Expect some good/big names before announcing Holden Mk2 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, fly in the air said:

my bug bear is we don't have enough experience when it comes to the coaching team. Manning and Hogg decent people but he should get a coach with championship level experience I hope for his sake he does not regret it. could he have not brought someone in when cissie left.

Image result for roy barraclough characters

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, spudski said:

Whilst they may wish things to be a certain way, it's purely based on hope, rather than knowledge and experience. 

A very clever man in finance has bought a football club and spent millions on it. 

Anyone with that sort of money and desire can build a ground and infrastructure, bricks and mortar, to make a Club Championship standard. 

Someone said on a thread that they asked SL whether he was proud of what he had achieved, whilst looking out onto the pitch from the Lansdown stand. 

He beamed that he was. 

A shiny new stadium and training ground. A stand named after him. Sitting down in his box overlooking the 'plebs' that turn up every week, to be 'entertained'. 

Reminiscent of a Roman Emporer narcissistically and egotistically warming in the glow of what he has created. 

Then being dumb enough to put his son in charge, who is so out of his depth it's unbelievable. 

A son that runs this club knowing he has no pressure on him from above. It's his job for life if he wants it. 

How thick must your skin be, how self unaware of your ability, or deep down knowingly embarrassed, to speak publicly to fans, media, the whole football world listening and watching your words, the continual fails, year after year after year. 

I just see a blagger...a blagger who knows he's not qualified to do the job at hand, deep down embarrassed, but too biligerent to move aside.

It's his and Daddy's play thing. It's their club...they'll do as they want, make the mistakes, and it won't make any difference. 

They surround themselves with yes men... subservient to them...regardless of their qualifications and ability.

As soon as they see ' the light' so to speak, and employ people that are qualified to do the job, they don't like it when they are told some home truths. 

Those people either leave of their own accord as they see the working relationship won't work, or are sacked. 

He's totally unaware of his ability at this level. Thinks that having worked at the Club for a long time qualifies him for his present position. 

He's as thick as two planks, bluffs his way through, and protects his position, that's very obvious. 

In LM...they have a shadow of themselves. Learning on the job, totally unqualified at this level. 

You can spot blaggers a mile off. Totally uncomfortable, knowing they are living a lie. Body language, mannerisms, attitude, words...all show up as to them being out of their depth, and imo, they know it as well.

This Club might be nice...a lovely stadium. But it's nothing special at this level...and so much of it is run poorly. 

Media, shop, ticketing, hospitality, website, communication, food, drink...all imo really poor. 

If it was a business, restaurant or supermarket, you wouldn't touch them with a barge pole. 

With all the backing and support, imo, we are an embarrassment in continual under achievement. 

An owner and son, with money, that built and built...but failed horribly in what they wanted to achieve.

A legacy of words spoken, that all can read, that are embarrassing to read, when putting into practice, actions, to fulfil those dreams. 

I think that pretty much sums up what most of us think. Fair Shout. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Oizys said:

No, they're not. They're there to be impartial. That doesn't mean they'll ask the tough questions that need asking, but they are there to report on what they see and hear and not for any one party.

Yes and no - a journalist’s job, particularly a journalist being paid by licence fee payer’s money, is there to hold people to account on behalf of the public. That and being impartial/reporting on what they see are not mutually exclusive.

• Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

Finally plucked up the courage to listen.

The thing here is that he has given clear objectives:

- Current squad should compete at the top end of division

- Front foot aggressive football that’s exciting

- Head coach has to develop this team

- A lot of academy players have to come into the team

- The coach has to play exactly that way (front foot)

- Players recruited have to fit into our style of play as the squad is built that way

So, two questions arise:

- With such a clear and defined shopping list (front foot football, develop this squad, use the academy, top end of table), how the heck did they pick Liam?

- And now they have picked Liam, can he be said to have met any of those objectives one year on?

The man’s a moron no doubt. But there is, at least in that piece, a clearly defined ethos and objectives. There is no way that anyone one year on can say that any of that is being met - and if they wanted to justify sacking Liam, this video gives them total grounds to do so.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

22 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

- Players recruited have to fit into our style of play as the squad is built that way

So, two questions arise:

- With such a clear and defined shopping list (front foot football, develop this squad, use the academy, top end of table), how the heck did they pick Liam?

- And now they have picked Liam, can he be said to have met any of those objectives one year on?

The man’s a moron no doubt. But there is, at least in that piece, a clearly defined ethos and objectives. There is no way that anyone one year on can say that any of that is being met - and if they wanted to justify sacking Liam, this video gives them total grounds to do so.

When they do pull the plug on Manning, they will shift all blame onto him, as you'd expect.

2 hours ago, spudski said:

He beamed that he was. 

👏👏👏👏👏

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Alessandro said:

I think when I mean sympathy - I mean that some of the more personal criticism I found hard to read, as, if I’m giving them the benefit of the doubt - regardless of ability, they are trying their best with good intentions to achieve success at the club.

However @Davefevs - I can’t disagree with anything you wrote and if BT manoeuvred to oust NP for his own personal gain, then my sympathies go, live by the sword….likewise if JL is just using the club to justify a huge chairman’s salary to fund his lifestyle, again, sympathies gone.

Also @spudski - again I can’t disagree with any of your well written post mate. 

He certainly had the opportunity to back / defend Nige and use his football experience to explain why to the hierarchy. The fact that he chose not to for self promotion tells you everything imho. 

44 minutes ago, BeggyBlaggers said:

When they do pull the plug on Manning, they will shift all blame onto him, as you'd expect.

Yes, partly why I posted what I did earlier. Even if the reading given sound valid, they will be damming in light of the interview (and JL’s) in the OP. 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, The Journalist said:

Yes and no - a journalist’s job, particularly a journalist being paid by licence fee payer’s money, is there to hold people to account on behalf of the public. That and being impartial/reporting on what they see are not mutually exclusive.

So not any journalist who'll be anywhere near this event....

2 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

So, two questions arise:

I really do think he was being honest in that video, they really thought that would happen and I do think they believed LM was the man to help them deliver what was said in that interview.

Well, that went well then..

4 minutes ago, fly in the air said:

I know i go on abit about experience in the coaching department.. tinnion take a look at the bears. they employ a top coach and look where they are in there leaque. wake up and do something. if you don't you could be out of a job. only needs steve to say make a change and it could be Tinnion 

Thing is a top football coach would cost megabucks compared to rugby. Would SL pay, with no guarantees? I think he prefers the cheaper option and just hope it works out!

3 hours ago, The Journalist said:

And there we have it! At the moment the journalism being paid for by the license payer around the club is worse than poor. It’s to an extent where it got so bad post match people were calling in to berate what they were hearing from the presenter and friends!

I felt sorry for Owers (happened a lot recently) he’s saying what he’s seen but is trying to tread a line between BBCRB and being a supporter. He typically gets it spot on for the record. 

Edited by REDOXO
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, David Brent said:

It’s just as bad as I remembered. Even worse looking back. 

Looking back I’m just confused now as I was then and JL was completely wrong when he claimed the squad as good as he’d seen - complete bollocks.

Tinnion talked about ‘the way we want to play” what way is that?…….:dunno:

None of us can recognise what ‘way’ Manning is trying to implement not even the students of the game on here. It’s just hot air and waffle straight out of LJs play book.

• Like 2
  • Robin 1

23 hours ago, spudski said:

...one year on, it's worth listening to again and picking the bones out of it.

Sadly it's nothing like he describes.

So annoyed listening to that...

What a farce this football club has become, won't be getting much more of my cash for the foreseeable future.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, spudski said:

...one year on, it's worth listening to again and picking the bones out of it.

Sadly it's nothing like he describes.

Well they certainly narrowed down the style of play for our strikers, ones that can't score goals or hit a barn door. Shrewd stuff Brian. But you are right Brian it is easier to recruit because no one else wants them.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

Well they certainly narrowed down the style of play for our strikers, ones that can't score goals or hit a barn door. Shrewd stuff Brian. But you are right Brian it is easier to recruit because no one else wants them.

I honestly think Fally is decent & has an eye for goal...

If we're talking about Cornick (old news) or Armstrong I'd not argue.

2 hours ago, petehinton said:

Based on everything said there, if they believed it, Manning should be clinging onto his job by a thread. Curious. 

I agree, however, they’ve spent a bomb in Bristol City terms, so there is no way they’ll get rid unless we are in a dogfight around Christmas. This will play out as long as possible.

4 minutes ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

I agree, however, they’ve spent a bomb in Bristol City terms, so there is no way they’ll get rid unless we are in a dogfight around Christmas. This will play out as long as possible.

Conversely, them spending a bomb & doing poorly could be the reason to sack him. My personal hunch is he will go, if we come out of these next crop of games with 0 wins. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, spudski said:

JL at the same time said we wanted ' Front foot, pressing football'.

And they appointed Manning.

You bastard!

Was bad enough listening to BT’s again, let alone this one.

2 hours ago, petehinton said:

Based on everything said there, if they believed it, Manning should be clinging onto his job by a thread. Curious. 

yep, overall he’s well below par.

2 hours ago, M.D said:

I really do think he was being honest in that video, they really thought that would happen and I do think they believed LM was the man to help them deliver what was said in that interview.

Well, that went well then..

I don’t, I just think they were looking to sack him and took the low point to do it.  He even acknowledged injuries, which contradicted his point about the strength of the squad.  Of course he had his “deconditioned” comment ready for a separate interview.

1 hour ago, David Brent said:

It’s just as bad as I remembered. Even worse looking back. 

Yep, all woofty-toofty words with nothing behind them.

They obviously got their stories straight on this pair of interviews.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

If it looks that City are at risk of relegation Manning will get sacked. 

the point has already been made that there is nobody within the club that you could trust to make the right appointment to steer us away from it though.

Liam could do it if he had someone above him telling him how to. fat chance of that happening now

• Like 2

The two video interviews I've posted, are for a reason.

They are good ammunition to show (transcript) BT and JL at the fans forum.

JL says in his interview that fans can aim their issues at him, whilst still supporting the team.

I think there is enough damning statistics shown on this forum recently, and words from these interviews, to make a good argument at the fans forum, to point out that they've not done what they set out to do,and have made a mistake. 

• Like 14
  • Flames 4

18 minutes ago, spudski said:

The two video interviews I've posted, are for a reason.

They are good ammunition to show (transcript) BT and JL at the fans forum.

JL says in his interview that fans can aim their issues at him, whilst still supporting the team.

I think there is enough damning statistics shown on this forum recently, and words from these interviews, to make a good argument at the fans forum, to point out that they've not done what they set out to do,and have made a mistake. 

Got any more videos or transcripts from around that time, please?

3 hours ago, marmite said:

Thing is a top football coach would cost megabucks compared to rugby. Would SL pay, with no guarantees? I think he prefers the cheaper option and just hope it works out!

I think this is it, although hes not spending uo to the relatively modest limit in rugby despite the chance of personal glory.

To be honest, he could have better options in the senior positions at the club without breaking the bank.

Lansdown is will take us down and still not acknowledge his failings, Tinnion being one of his "best" **** ups.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

8 minutes ago, Street red said:

Doesn't Pearsons gardening leave end soon Oct/Nov be interesting if anything more comes out in the open.

He was out of contract in the summer, so could have spilled the beans already should he have wished. He has more class than the morons who run the club though. 

• Like 6
  • Flames 9

Just now, redsquirrel said:

dont expect anything from Nige,he isnt like that. thats not saying somebody else might reveal something👍

I wasn't expecting him to but he will be in a position to if asked a question,I know he wouldn't go out his way to purposely.How this club feels flat now.

• Like 1

There was a positive feel about the club as Nige cleared up the mess. Since his sacking the club is decaying.

We need a new Chairman, Direktor of football and Coach. This won't happen until Steve Lansdown is no longer part of our club, and that aint happening soon.

We're fooked!

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Street red said:

Doesn't Pearsons gardening leave end soon Oct/Nov be interesting if anything more comes out in the open.

We've already had the most we'll get out of Nige (unless he writes a book) in the Big Sam (No tippy tappy) podcast interview. A couple of inferences and that's as far as he'll likely ever go. 

Say what you like about Nige, I know many do, But that man is the personification of intergrity. Listening to the interviews in this thread shows that we now have a distinct lack of that at the club. 

I refuse to believe they were being honest about what they wanted. They're describing what we had. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Flames 1

10 hours ago, 42nite said:

There was a positive feel about the club as Nige cleared up the mess. Since his sacking the club is decaying.

We need a new Chairman, C.E.O. and Coach. This won't happen until Steve Lansdown is no longer part of our club, and that aint happening soon.

Post ammended on sober reflection.... If we had a suitable coach we wouldn't need any of this Technical Director malarkey, just an experienced C.E.O. to ensure the club is operating properly.  

But with Steve running the show this isn't going to happen.

29 minutes ago, Robbored said:

That’ll be when/if City are in or around the drop zone. The hierarchy will panic.

He'll be gone after the Norwich away fixture next month- be handy for him as he can dap round to his mum's for a cup of tea...

Edited by Son of Fred