IGNORED

Brian Tinnion talks recruitment...

spudski

One of the biggest problems I see with BT and LM...is their background of developing young academy players.

The focus was to have a coach, that could ' develop ' players on the grass, rather than a manager.

My worry, is the focus is on player development ( which should be done at academy level ), rather than on how to win games in the Championship, how to be pro active in games, knowing when to make tactical changes, rather than one way of playing, and allowing players to work it out themselves. 

Yes, it's great to keep on improving as an individual. However the main focus should be on winning. And in game management. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, spudski said:

One of the biggest problems I see with BT and LM...is their background of developing young academy players.

The focus was to have a coach, that could ' develop ' players on the grass, rather than a manager.

My worry, is the focus is on player development ( which should be done at academy level ), rather than on how to win games in the Championship, how to be pro active in games, knowing when to make tactical changes, rather than one way of playing, and allowing players to work it out themselves. 

Yes, it's great to keep on improving as an individual. However the main focus should be on winning. And in game management. 

I think that LM would rather bring in better players, rather than develop what is here. There is some / good evidence in his previous jobs that’s he’s fine with good players. MK Dons, O’Riley, Twine, Parrott, Darling, etc. Lommel, City Group players from all over the world. Oxford, the core of a team that had been to playoffs, but had an underperforming season under Karl Robinson until LM came in. Now, I don’t think any manager would find it easy to lose the players he lost at MK but he had opportunity to recruit with a slug of money. But what does he develop?

I think he is focussed on winning, just his coaching / management on and off the pitch isn’t a difference-maker. That’s the “biggest bit”.  And at a club like City, without the best players, he needs to be. He isn’t imho. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I think that LM would rather bring in better players, rather than develop what is here. There is some / good evidence in his previous jobs that’s he’s fine with good players. MK Dons, O’Riley, Twine, Parrott, Darling, etc. Lommel, City Group players from all over the world. Oxford, the core of a team that had been to playoffs, but had an underperforming season under Karl Robinson until LM came in. Now, I don’t think any manager would find it easy to lose the players he lost at MK but he had opportunity to recruit with a slug of money. But what does he develop?

I think he is focussed on winning, just his coaching / management on and off the pitch isn’t a difference-maker. That’s the “biggest bit”.  And at a club like City, without the best players, he needs to be. He isn’t imho. 

Which goes against what Tinnion described we wanted don't you think Dave.

• Like 5

19 hours ago, petehinton said:

Based on everything said there, if they believed it, Manning should be clinging onto his job by a thread. Curious. 

I think Manning is - things need to improve results wise between now and the next international break and based on our run of games, I don’t think result will get better…..personally, I think we could be very close to, if not in the bottom three by then….

Hope I am wrong….

• Like 4

Those two videos are quite astonishing when you really think about it.

There is some agitation amongst the fanbase, and the club will find that uncomfortable. But we are only reacting based on what we see and what we are told. If the club continues to lie to the fans, the credibility and trust is lost. Whilst a new owner may rectify the issues , I am still astounded that Steve L, a seemingly likeable and decent type has this huge blind spot when it come to BCFC. We never read that fans expect him to spend more money, but it is reasonable to expect he runs the club in a professional manner with a clear strategy and consistency. He would not have become so wealthy running HL as he does the football club. 

Steve, What the actual F are you doing? It’s not working, it was on a brilliant road , finally, yet you self sabotaged it, we were finally at take off to the next level. Yet here we are, back to amateur Bristol City. Instead of evolving and building we are back in the hands of incompetent people. Sadly for you, your son is one of them. 

These two videos and the comparison to what we have done and where we are, need no further analysis. It is damming. It’s also embarrassing. 

Steve has to stand up , swallow some pride, and finally put in place professional people to run the club on and off of the field 

• Like 7
  • Flames 11

On 12/10/2024 at 20:44, Natchfever said:

I think this is it, although hes not spending uo to the relatively modest limit in rugby despite the chance of personal glory.

To be honest, he could have better options in the senior positions at the club without breaking the bank.

Lansdown is will take us down and still not acknowledge his failings, Tinnion being one of his "best" **** ups.

Rugby club has consistently been one of the biggest spenders since promotion.

Some would say that the financial problems the Rugby Premiership over recent seasons were largely caused by other clubs trying to keep up with Lansdown's spending without having the money to do so.

It's odd because chucking loads of money at it has been 'successful' for the Rugby, not in terms of trophies won but largely they've been up there and challenging. But with the women's football team, it was the complete opposite - get to the top league and spend nothing.

Which approach would he follow if we were to get to the EPL? I suspect he doesn't  actually know himself yet.

20 minutes ago, fgrsimon said:

Rugby club has consistently been one of the biggest spenders since promotion.

Some would say that the financial problems the Rugby Premiership over recent seasons were largely caused by other clubs trying to keep up with Lansdown's spending without having the money to do so.

It's odd because chucking loads of money at it has been 'successful' for the Rugby, not in terms of trophies won but largely they've been up there and challenging. But with the women's football team, it was the complete opposite - get to the top league and spend nothing.

Which approach would he follow if we were to get to the EPL? I suspect he doesn't  actually know himself yet.

[Edit] Until this season it seems, when they are no longer spending up to the salary cap.

Bristol still has the largest 'debt' of any club in the Premiership - £60 million. Owed to SL though, just like the football club.

• Like 1