IGNORED

Semenyo to Arsenal?

Porto Red

Just now, The Journalist said:

Six posts in and nobody’s mentioned Andy Cole, which feels a miss.

A certain podcast will be on to it, don’t worry.

Antoine strongly linked with Newcastle earlier this week which seems more likely (& yes, we do have a sell on clause)..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

So what are we saying 40/50mill? 

20% of sell on or sell on of profit seems a tasty amount. All ready for Manning’s replacements replacement to spend…….😉

£40m would be my guess.

It is sell on based on profit, so 20% is around £6m, good but not a game changer.

• Like 3

He’s really come on in terms of goal involvements and is very highly thought of.

Being a 24 year old that’s recently signed a new long contact, Bournemouth would be foolish to take anything less than £50m.

I hope he gets a move to Arsenal, both for him and for Bristol City.

Edited by Fammyfan

5 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

So what are we saying 40/50mill? 

20% of sell on or sell on of profit seems a tasty amount. All ready for Manning’s replacements replacement to spend…….😉

5 hours ago, Barrs Court Red said:

More than that, didn’t Solanke go for £60m?

One site suggested a Buyout Clause of £40m.

5 hours ago, Lew-T said:

Hasn’t he recently signed a new deal at Bournemouth aswell?

💰💰💰

4 hours ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Yes 5 years.

Double edged sword potentially.

Will mean he should go for more if he goes, but it may not mean that he goes as soon as we hope- barring a Buyout Clause of course.

5 minutes ago, marmite said:

More money available for the Sporting Quarter development. 

Thought the sale of Homes was funding that?

That said, it could be one of many uses..

*Sporting Quarter

*Enable SL to reduce his Cash Flow for a couple of years.

*Maybe use it to reduce the £90m debt to SL.

Or keep levels the same and put the kitty into the side, over 2-3 years to spread the risk but still help the side- that would be ideal.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I still think barring a buyout clause, it isn't likely to be this side of Summer 2026. 5 years left, even then 3 years left.

You might be right. However I still think he could be gone sooner depending on form and injuries at one of the really big clubs. Also of course if he stays fit. 

Do any of the big boys care about the difference between 40 or 50m? The Solanke price has kind of set a benchmark However. Semenyo is much more involved and frightens the crap out of defenders. 

8 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

You might be right. However I still think he could be gone sooner depending on form and injuries at one of the really big clubs. Also of course if he stays fit. 

Do any of the big boys care about the difference between 40 or 50m? The Solanke price has kind of set a benchmark However. Semenyo is much more involved and frightens the crap out of defenders. 

But plays off the right where they have Saka. I doubt he'd get much game time.

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I still think barring a buyout clause, it isn't likely to be this side of Summer 2026. 5 years left, even then 3 years left.

Summer 2026 should see Manning (and Tinnion) long gone if there is any money coming our way. 

2 hours ago, REDOXO said:

I'm just thinking, that barring a Buyout Bournemouth control the schedule in a lot of ways. 

FFP could also be a factor for Bournemouth.

2 hours ago, marmite said:

Summer 2026 should see Manning (and Tinnion) long gone if there is any money coming our way. 

It will suit us too in a sense as the Scott initial fee drops off post 30th June 2026. 3 years for the FFP cycle.

Of course if we get up, it's all moot but they should be gone by then surely and we can spend it more widely.

13 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I'm just thinking, that barring a Buyout Bournemouth control the schedule in a lot of ways. 

FFP could also be a factor for Bournemouth.

It will suit us too in a sense as the Scott initial fee drops off post 30th June 2026. 3 years for the FFP cycle.

Of course if we get up, it's all moot but they should be gone by then surely and we can spend it more widely.

I hope you meant widely & not wisely cos wisely won't happen Pops

• Like 1

• The topic was locked
1 hour ago, AG City said:

Plenty of transfer speculation over the past couple of days linking him with a January move to Arsenal and Newcastle for circa £40m.

Am I correct in thinking we have a 20% sell on clause?

If a sell on clause it'll be of Profit.

Only if they're is a buyout clause will be go a) At That price and b) As soon as speculated IMO.

No by your clause and he's contracted until Summer 2029.