IGNORED

Alex Scott on Sounds of the City Monday 14 october

Never to the dark side

41 minutes ago, One Team said:

Indeed, another point that annoys me about Nige’s sacking, you could easily see King being prepared to take over after Nige. 

I think he'd have definitely stayed on as a coach (not sure what he’s up to now?) but I don’t think he’d have been manager from the off

• Like 2

8 hours ago, One Team said:

Indeed, another point that annoys me about Nige’s sacking, you could easily see King being prepared to take over after Nige. 

Personally, I was looking forward to Euell being phased into the manager role, King stepping closer from a coaching perspective and Fleming providing the consistency through all phases of transition.

• Like 6

Interesting how Alex Scott spoke so highly of Nigel Pearson. Praising his man management skills and crediting his entire progression to him. 

Shame how things worked out with Nigel, he would have been great for the new prospects we’ve got coming through. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Flames 1

14 hours ago, One Team said:

I can't remember the timing , didn't his wife mention moving back to Leicester long before his leaving was announced ?

If you look back we had players involved in coaching that had Premier League (winning) experience , and coaches with vast experience in the game. Some with more experience and connections than our CEO/Dof/Bluffer in Chief has. It does feel with the mass transition in staff we have moved backwards . 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, spudski said:

I haven't listened...did Alex mention BT at all?

He did mention SL but he didn't mention Tinnion or indeed Jon Lansdown directly, save for a generic praise of everyone at the club and the staff. Obviously mentioned Conway, Semenyo too.

I'd have to listen back for it in full but 3 non players well 2 if you include King in his coaching role yet playing were NP, SL and guess King falls into both camps as well as praise, gratitude etc to the Club and Staff as a whole.

• Thanks 1

Nice lad. Humble and focused. As is Antoine! 

How backward would his career have gone under the current regime. He would have swapped an experienced premier league staff with a load of medals for a bunch of duffers from Oxford and an input from Tinman. 

Im sure Tommy kept him updated on where this was going.  

• Like 3
  • Flames 2

50 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Nice lad. Humble and focused. As is Antoine! 

How backward would his career have gone under the current regime. He would have swapped an experienced premier league staff with a load of medals for a bunch of duffers from Oxford and an input from Tinman. 

Im sure Tommy kept him updated on where this was going.  

This is why I totally understand Tommy wanting to leave.  He was thriving under Pearson and then the club decided to throw a massive spanner in the works.  

• Like 4
  • Flames 4

1 hour ago, Graham76 said:

This is why I totally understand Tommy wanting to leave.  He was thriving under Pearson and then the club decided to throw a massive spanner in the works.  

It was interesting what he said about Conway. Acknowledging that he’s his best mate it was something along the lines of “hopefully over the passage of time people will give Tommy a good reception and see what he did for the club”. Indicated that he understood him moving on.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Graham76 said:

He wouldn't sign the contract when Pearson was here, but don't let facts get in the way 

6 hours ago, ooRya said:

He wouldn't sign the contract when Pearson was here, but don't let facts get in the way 

Facts are he had 20 months to make a decision when Mr Pearson was fired anything could have happened! 

I won’t bother with all the stuff about Celtic and a depleting contract, but the boy made it very clear about his views on the diminishing outlook of Bristol City to radio Tees after he signed for Boro. 

The kid kept his mouth shut, while gobby half wits were being used by the club to go after him on shitty podcasts and Twitter while he was here, even Mr Manning himself had a pop subsequently to signing for Boro!

Some ‘facts’ are pretty clear 

Edited by REDOXO
  • Like 1