IGNORED

Simple vote on here….fan of the regime 👍😄want them gone 👎😡

BS3 Ark at Ee

Basically, are you dissatisfied with the family that have pumped millions into the club and, as far as I can tell, not taken a penny out of it?

I do wonder sometimes whether, like spoilt children, we have become rather entitled. Alas, football at this level has moved from a mainly working man's "after Saturday morning work" committee run recreational event (I wonder if the traditional 3pm kick off was because the pubs shut at 2:30 back in the day) with basic facilities, sponsored by worthies of the community to a global entertainment business that markets community identity ( as part of the package) to the whole family from the comfort of their own home, regardless of their location...... at least we have owners who represent our community and have invested in it, personally I believe we are lucky that we have owners that have gone well beyond the "least"........ Look at the other lot's lot! 

• Like 7
  • Hmmm 3
  • Facepalm 3

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

Firstly - if you’re going to start a thread that says “simple vote” at least do it with a poll option….

Secondly, as I’ve said before I don’t think it’s that simplistic. There is a school of thought on here that Liam is being hamstrung by that nasty Mr Tinnion and Mr Lansdown - but nothing could be further from the truth.

They’ve given him his star man. They’ve given him millions to spend on players. It’s not Tinnion making subs on 60 minutes, it’s not Tinnion playing godawful football, it’s not Tinnion not using the academy. It’s Liam. He had a better base and has been stronger backed than most managers in our history, and people need to stop making excuses. I think the hierarchy are shite, but they are faultless in how they’ve backed Liam since he’s come on board.

But that doesn’t mean they should stay. 

For the absolute pigs ear he’s made of things (and despite what some may say, as the “football” man in the heirarchy he clearly had a call on the events of a year ago), Tinnion has to be sacked. No “moving back to the academy”. Run this like a business - the guys incompetent, and untrustworthy- get rid.

The Lansdowns are more problematic. Jon is a maverick absolute moron and in any other world should be nowhere near a senior level at a multi million pound company. But he is, and I understand his dad indulging him. Make him chair in name only. He spends his sodding time in Bermuda anyway. Get proper business people in to run things - they don’t even have to know “football” a la Sudamore, just be able to walk in a straight line and tie their laces to be a step up.

Steves not getting any younger so as I see it he has three options. Sell up now, tread water and wait for the sporting quarter then sell up (maximising off field profit), or stay and do things correctly. If he gets rid of Jon as above that’d be a start but he needs to understand what a legacy is:

”It’s planting flowers in a garden you will never see”

Steve. Do things properly. Please. 

This. One of the best posts I’ve read in a long time

• Thanks 1

A Poll would be good.

I think they've sadly run their course and thought so for about a year or so but there are Pros and Cons..A few of each.

Pros

*The cash put in as is needed at the level and are reliable and solid with this.

*The fact they haven't seemingly put the Club on a Loan Repayments Schedule e.g.

*The Infrastructure.

*The much improved Academy.

*One that is a bit random- I like the fact we don't sell Naming Rights for Stand or Stadium. I was catching up on EFL Highlights the of her day and noticed a QPR stand called the Achilleus Security Stand!

*Yes outwardly we are a solid Championship Club with a good base. This leads me on to some of the cons as I used the term outwardly for a reason...

Cons

*The crazy decision to sack NP for Manning!

*Worse, Jon Lansdown and Brian Tinnion wielding as much power as they do.

*Not backing someone who had dragged us back onto an even keel, and indulging his inexperienced predecessor- see also Cotts into LJ although a bit more patience from Cotts to reap benefits of higher income in 2016-17 may also have helped.

*Lost two good outright CEOs in a year or so, 1 voluntarily, 1 not- and now have that choppy structure. Rawcliffe seems good, Marshall dunno but as Group CEO that feels thinly spread.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

From the outside it looks like SL has lost a little interest in the football club and that's probably due the backlash carry over from the way NP was dealt with. On that point I'm fairly certain that NP called them out and that presented them with little option to get rid hence the hasty haphazard way it was dealt with at the time. He was with the Bears at a recent game but not for the football. He's not getting any younger. I am sure he would've liked JL to have a more committed interest in the club to continue the good work and legacy. Unfortunately for SL that doesn't seem the case so he's looking for an outside investor to take up the reigns. I am sure he has had his fingers burnt many times over with staff in a position of trust hence the complete faith he puts into BT. The key is the control hence the reason we have LM who is really just a coach with no real influence other than coaching.

There is no doubt without SL's continued investment we wouldn't be the club we are today. But that isn't the issue. It's the continual rinse and reboot, that is tge problem. I have no doubt it will soon happen again as the current coach isn't giving (or showling) any return on the club's investment.

Despite the ridicule by most, the club has shown to be quite astute in their transfer dealings and have a clear pathway to what they think is the route to the promised land. My real concern is that with all of this control in place we will end up replacing one Manning with another. There are some real underlining issues which need sorting as well as merely just replacing the coach. I can only see this happening when SL eventually sells up and then we will take off.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

You can't fault the Lansdown family for their financial support of the football club.

Many clubs would be absolutely delighted to have that.

You are correct from a purely financial perspective they have been brilliant owners.

From a decision perspective, there are definitely valid questions/ concerns to be had.

They  refuse to learn from their mistakes which is why other clubs have made the prem before us on a much lower outlay than the lansdowns have made into us. Causing us to go into the same cycle again and again

• Like 4

On 13/10/2024 at 08:42, Silvio Dante said:

Firstly - if you’re going to start a thread that says “simple vote” at least do it with a poll option….

Secondly, as I’ve said before I don’t think it’s that simplistic. There is a school of thought on here that Liam is being hamstrung by that nasty Mr Tinnion and Mr Lansdown - but nothing could be further from the truth.

They’ve given him his star man. They’ve given him millions to spend on players. It’s not Tinnion making subs on 60 minutes, it’s not Tinnion playing godawful football, it’s not Tinnion not using the academy. It’s Liam. He had a better base and has been stronger backed than most managers in our history, and people need to stop making excuses. I think the hierarchy are shite, but they are faultless in how they’ve backed Liam since he’s come on board.

But that doesn’t mean they should stay. 

For the absolute pigs ear he’s made of things (and despite what some may say, as the “football” man in the heirarchy he clearly had a call on the events of a year ago), Tinnion has to be sacked. No “moving back to the academy”. Run this like a business - the guys incompetent, and untrustworthy- get rid.

The Lansdowns are more problematic. Jon is a maverick absolute moron and in any other world should be nowhere near a senior level at a multi million pound company. But he is, and I understand his dad indulging him. Make him chair in name only. He spends his sodding time in Bermuda anyway. Get proper business people in to run things - they don’t even have to know “football” a la Sudamore, just be able to walk in a straight line and tie their laces to be a step up.

Steves not getting any younger so as I see it he has three options. Sell up now, tread water and wait for the sporting quarter then sell up (maximising off field profit), or stay and do things correctly. If he gets rid of Jon as above that’d be a start but he needs to understand what a legacy is:

”It’s planting flowers in a garden you will never see”

Steve. Do things properly. Please. 

Bloody hell. top post. That's just as it seems to me and I would think a lot of us on here.

No polls needed though 🤔

26 minutes ago, Red Cyril 2 said:

Bloody hell. top post. That's just as it seems to me and I would think a lot of us on here.

No polls needed though 🤔

We should have a poll though. 

And we should print out the result, get it enlarged and make banners.

Not that they would be allowed in, of course.

Dictator State.

• Hmmm 1