IGNORED

Finland vs England

Slacker

Just now, MarcusX said:

Why is it lame? Some people really love to moan 🤣

I want to see players coming out and looking pumped up and "ready for battle".I also hate the handshake thing they do before the game.These are just a couple of the things that have ruined the atmosphere at matches over the years.Maybe you are younger than me and it is an age thing. I find it completely sterile. 

14 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Playing players out of best position when there are options is pointless and attention seeking. Much like VAR often is.

Yeah only an England  could play a right back who has a wand  of a right foot

but not the greatest defender at Left back

Think he might give Pickford a go there 2nd half

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Charlie0016 said:

Hope we lose today - don’t want Carsley to ge the job 

My view is that we’d be best served with a non-English manager now, someone less emotionally attached to the team, players, nation and more objective. 

Southgate did a fantastic job but couldn’t quite get us over the line; it felt like he was reluctant to make the big calls, upset certain personalities. We’ve got an excellent squad, it just needs that strong character to make that final % improvement 

• Like 3
  • Hmmm 1

14 minutes ago, Feathers McGraw said:

My view is that we’d be best served with a non-English manager now, someone less emotionally attached to the team, players, nation and more objective. 

Southgate did a fantastic job but couldn’t quite get us over the line; it felt like he was reluctant to make the big calls, upset certain personalities. We’ve got an excellent squad, it just needs that strong character to make that final % improvement 

One report i saw suggests it will be Thomas Tuchel 

• Like 2

Finland are not as good as Greece but for the most part that was better from England. Carsley has actually picked a balanced side with a centre forward that gives a focal point and allows more room for Bellingam. Similarly, I do like Angel Gomes in midfield who doesn't waste passes and his presence gives Rice scope to get forward. 

I don't know why I'm watching , these games are beyond tedious but somehow in his short spell in charge Carsley has had a big impact. Lucky not to lose by 3/4 Vs Greece now very lucky not to be at least level with Finland. 

I know we were poor in these games last year, but man this team looks hopeless. 

Absolute fxxking dirge watching this , just goes to show doesn’t matter who’s in charge our players and press think we’re better than we actually are , it’s ok lighting up the premiership with there respective clubs who happen to be sprinkled with oversea players , this performance and that one against Greece is more about the players than the coach 

• Like 1

Powder-puff, safety-first football. Sideways, sideways, back, sideways. Lose the ball. Repeat. Players seem as disinterested in the game as the viewers. 

Have we got any attacking midfielders/wide men who have got a forward pass/run in them? 

11 minutes ago, 1team said:

Well done modern football coaching methods for making me fall out of love with the game. Absolute carp, combined with watching City the last year football for me has become a dull afterthought.

Sadly, me too.

Thought it was better than Thursday, not a master piece by any stretch but by far the better team (as you’d expect).

Gomes looks more like what we need in that holding role because he can pick up the ball and pivot in tight spaces. It allows Rice to be the 8 then, I don’t think that’s a negative having 2 of them.

1 hour ago, 1team said:

Well done modern football coaching methods for making me fall out of love with the game. Absolute carp, combined with watching City the last year football for me has become a dull afterthought.

In a roundabout way pep to blame for this style of football which is sweeping the country , it can be great to watch at times but the majority of the time it bores me to death this ticky tacky football , nothing better than a big man up top with a little guy alongside , let’s get the ball forward quicker and get a bit more direct 

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Slacker said:

High praise indeed.Is it more on the dry side?

Only very slightly. It’s not something that leaves you parched nor is it like Thatchers where it is far too sweet and feels like a can of sugar.

It is quite pricey per bottle but definitely worth it. If you look at Hawkstone’s website there is a pub locator. Which will tell you the closest pubs to you that sells Hawkstone.

Edited by Jackson Lamb
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Suspect Potter will get the job.

Potter or Howe for me. Just reading online Carsley has officially ruled himself out for the job? Fair play if true, clearly wasn't up for it and everything that that the England job entails and huge respect to him for that.

2 minutes ago, Bris Red said:

Potter or Howe for me. Just reading online Carsley has officially ruled himself out for the job? Fair play if true, clearly wasn't up for it and everything that that the England job entails and huge respect to him for that.

He said something to the effect of ‘the job deserves a world class manager who has won trophies and I’m still on my way to that’ so effectively admitted he’s not ready. My respect for him has shot up. Putting the team before his own career. 

9 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Why do I get the feeling Tinnion and Co will appoint Carsley once they accept the Manning appointment has been a mistake…….oh dear. 

Why do I get the feeling you'll use any excuse to have a whine about Tinnion?

Tedious beyond words.

Edited by Northern Red
  • Like 2
  • Flames 1

4 hours ago, Rob k said:

No point going over old ground but i will never understand Southgate and his decision not to take Grealish 

Couldn't get in his club side and 3 goals, 1 assist all season.

Doesn't scream "pick me". Not when the players selected had better seasons and were in form.

And we wouldn't have won it, even if he had gone.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Feathers McGraw said:

I don’t necessarily agree with your reasons that it should be a non-English manager but I do think the reality is we have not developed enough great English managers over the past thirty years. I don’t think Carsley is ready to step up like Southgate did and most other English candidates are either underwhelming, under contract or both. I think Lampard is the fourth favourite English manager for the job, which shows we are on slim pickings. Of the names that seem seriously in the frame, it is hard to see a reason to go for any English manager over Tuchel.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Rob k said:

No point going over old ground but i will never understand Southgate and his decision not to take Grealish 

The lack of fit left backs was the bigger issue for me.

I would have had no problem with Grealish going but I thought there was a reasonable case for each of the attacking/wide midfielders we took instead. Bellingham, Saka, Foden and Gordon all had more successful seasons and - whilst Bowen and Eze were at less glamorous clubs - both were in-form. I think an in-form Grealish is England’s best option on the left but I do see why others made the cut ahead of him based on form and regular game time.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Couldn't get in his club side and 3 goals, 1 assist all season.

Doesn't scream "pick me". Not when the players selected had better seasons and were in form.

And we wouldn't have won it, even if he had gone.

Probably one of those players who if not picked people question it but then when does has to perform or his selection is questioned over others.

Foden seems to be right out of form and even Palmer was poor tonight.

16 hours ago, Harvey86 said:

I know people slate Pickford for it, but Hendersons kicking seems a fair sight worse

I think people slate Pickford for his catching and decision making ability rather than his kicking.

Mind you he looks like a T Rex so it's a wonder he ever manages to catch a ball.

• Facepalm 1