IGNORED

Nahki

GrahamC

Scored 3 yesterday in a 6-1 win for Bermuda in Domenica,

This means he’s now join all time top scorer for them (alongside a certain Shaun Goater) despite playing just 26 times.

To be fair Shaun managed his 20 in just 22 games.

As they face Domenica again at home tomorrow I’ll be amazed if he doesn’t become the individual highest scorer.

International football at the lowest level is random, one of Gibraltar’s goalies pulled out of their squad for their Nations League match so the U21 keeper was called up, he plays for Oldland Abbotonians, that’s Western League standard.

• Like 11

6 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Scored 3 yesterday in a 6-1 win for Bermuda in Domenica,

This means he’s now join all time top scorer for them (alongside a certain Shaun Goater) despite playing just 26 times.

To be fair Shaun managed his 20 in just 22 games.

As they face Domenica again at home tomorrow I’ll be amazed if he doesn’t become the individual highest scorer.

International football at the lowest level is random, one of Gibraltar’s goalies pulled out of their squad for their Nations League match so the U21 keeper was called up, he plays for Oldland Abbotonians, that’s Western League standard.

https://youtu.be/2eHA2UweZTM?si=BF7x1fdEjEEMqME3

Couple of tidy finishes here by NW, plus a decent free kick effort and an assist. 

4 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Who wouldn't 😎

must be refreshing for him training with a squad where he is first name on the teamsheet. add the that he escapes 2 weeks of being bored senseless with his mates up the hpc, 

his brother is out there,he would also spend some time with him

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

12 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

must be refreshing for him training with a squad where he is first name on the teamsheet. add the that he escapes 2 weeks of being bored senseless with his mates up the hpc, 

his brother is out there,he would also spend some time with him

Nailed it. 

It's quite sad to see how far down the rankings Bermuda have dropped since the days of Shaun Goater. They were actually on the verge of being in top 50, now down in the 170's only 11 places above Dominica. When I met Shaun in Bermuda at a book signing, he had real hope that he and Kyle Lightbourne could raise the standards across the ages by working within the American College Leagues, but it seems that's not really worked. There has been some improvements in the last year though, so Maybe Nahki will take on the mantle as he clearly seems to be a good mentor and leader among younger players.

Watching those highlights Wells is clearly the fittest player on the pitch even at his age.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Watching those highlights Wells is clearly the fittest player on the pitch even at his age.  

I like Nakhi a lot but that’s really not a surprise, is it?

If you look at the level of teams his colleagues play for, they are all a country mile away from his standard.

Loads are in England absolutely miles down the league pyramid, the nearest one to him plays in the National League, so fifth division.

I saw the highlights of a game he played against Montserrat, him & Lyle Taylor (who played for the opposition) literally looked like 2 professionals up against blokes who play on the Downs.

22 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I like Nakhi a lot but that’s really not a surprise, is it?

If you look at the level of teams his colleagues play for, they are all a country mile away from his standard.

Loads are in England absolutely miles down the league pyramid, the nearest one to him plays in the National League, so fifth division.

I saw the highlights of a game he played against Montserrat, him & Lyle Taylor (who played for the opposition) literally looked like 2 professionals up against blokes who play on the Downs.

No, that was my point really, the standards seemed to have really dropped off in recent years. I know there are lots of issues within the Caribbean Islands and Bermuda with the best athletes being siphoned away from the traditional sports by American Colleges with their promises of good education and the riches of Basketball and the NFL, but you would think the same would be true of soccer now that the MLS is starting to generate more interest and money. 

• Thanks 1