IGNORED

Manning leave of absence

Devastating news and deepest sympathy to Liam and his family at such a sad time.  I am sure, as comparatively trivial as it is, Dean Holden found the distraction of his football work helpful as time went by but it's a temporary distraction as the sadness and loss will obviously endure.  The whole footballing community will I am sure be behind Liam with all the support he and his family needs when the time is right to return. 

34 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Just as an update for everyone, I’m in the process of copying all the messages, so I can compile them into a card for Liam and his family. Will try and get this done over the next few days, so I can get the card to the football club next week. Hope that’s ok :) 

To Liam and the whole Manning family, thinking of you all, with deepest sympathies, from the Campbell family 

• Admin
34 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

As mentioned in the leave of absence thread, I’ve bought a card, and am in the process of compiling all the messages that have been left on the forum, following the sad news about Liam and Fran's baby son.

I will try my best to get this sorted over the next few days, so I can get the card to the football club early next week.

Hope thats ok with everyone :)

Great idea, for future reference to make things easier for you, I am not sure if you knew but you can set up a card online and people can write their own messages onto it. I guess you still could use this by copy and pasting the messages, rather than have to write it yourself

Someone has ultimate control to check what is written

Have a look here, it will save you a considerable amount of time and effort Group Birthday Cards

My personal opinion, and feel free to disregard, is that it would be better just to list the posters in the card but not the actual messages.

I'm not sure it is helpful for Liam and family to read tons of messages saying 'this is the worst thing that could happen to a parent'. They know that and might not want to be reminded. 

The comments along the lines of, 'my thoughts are with them' obviously would be nice for them to read. 

Maybe I'm just being daft.

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, mozo said:

My personal opinion, and feel free to disregard, is that it would be better just to list the posters in the card but not the actual messages.

I'm not sure it is helpful for Liam and family to read tons of messages saying 'this is the worst thing that could happen to a parent'. They know that and might not want to be reminded. 

The comments along the lines of, 'my thoughts are with them' obviously would be nice for them to read. 

Maybe I'm just being daft.

To be honest they wouldn't have to read all the messages but I think it would be nice for them to see that people have put some thought in to what they have wrote.Makes it seem more personal. 

On 14/10/2024 at 18:06, Robbored said:

Losing a new born is one of the most distressing tragedies of them all.

Some years ago I worked with a Ward Sister who was a warm and compassionate woman. On one shift she isolated herself in the office - very very unusual for her.

Eventually I took her in a cup of tea and asked her if she was ok and as she looked up and it was obvious that she’d been weeping. She explained that it was the anniversary of her losing a baby boy to cot death several years before and apologised - jeez…..don’t apologise! 

Fortunately such a terrible loss doesn’t happen that often but when the tragedy does strike it leaves a deep emotional scar  that some never get over.

We have to feel for the Manning family. It’s terrible and shocking tragedy…….….:sad26:

Yeah have experience of it in family. It’s devastating. Never really get over it just learn to live with it. 

• Like 1