IGNORED

Manning leave of absence

Severn Beach Pigeon

Absolutely horrible news! No parent should ever have to go through that. Can't even begin to imagine the pain that Liam and his family are going through. So, so sad. I've been telling up reading all the comments on here. Football becomes completely irrelevant at times like this and I hope Liam and his family get all of the time and support that they need. Thoughts and condolences with them and RIP little Theo.

So mind-numbingly sad. No words could ever provide real comfort in these situations. Just hope the Manning family find strength to get through such a tragic loss. Fly high with the angels little one and shine bright in the night sky. 

Edited by RedRock

51 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Me previously. Happy to do the same again if enough feel it would be appropriate. Such sad news :( 

I think it would be a lovely gesture. 

Absolutely shocking news, I'm sure every parent on here would say that that would be their absolute worst nightmare. I'll be holding my boys that little bit tighter tonight. 

Thoughts with Liam and especially Fran. 

Just heart breaking. 

5 minutes ago, JP Hampton said:

Dreadful for all those affected. Can’t imagine what they’re going through. 🙏

Losing a new born is one of the most distressing tragedies of them all.

Some years ago I worked with a Ward Sister who was a warm and compassionate woman. On one shift she isolated herself in the office - very very unusual for her.

Eventually I took her in a cup of tea and asked her if she was ok and as she looked up and it was obvious that she’d been weeping. She explained that it was the anniversary of her losing a baby boy to cot death several years before and apologised - jeez…..don’t apologise! 

Fortunately such a terrible loss doesn’t happen that often but when the tragedy does strike it leaves a deep emotional scar  that some never get over.

We have to feel for the Manning family. It’s terrible and shocking tragedy…….….:sad26:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

That’s really hit me, I’ve been in that situation from a different angle. I was 4 when my baby brother died not long after he was born and my mum never got over it. 

She passed 3 months ago and just reading the statement has left me sobbing 

Its a horrible situation and best wishes to the family 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Robin 5