IGNORED

Manning leave of absence

Severn Beach Pigeon

2 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Absolutely terrible news, I’m not a father yet but one day hopefully, I just can’t imagine the pain this must cause. Wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy.

Liam, the football doesn’t matter, take as long as you need. This club will support you.

Ironically this week 9th-15th October is Baby Loss Awareness week. The motto is 'Together we care' and I think us and The Blue side are certainly showing that tonight.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thoughts with Liam and his family. It is above football and who knows what he is going through. As football supporters we are quick to judge the ones who run our favourite club and make judgements but this is real life. Liam all true football supporters regardless of team colours feel your pain and when this happens we all come together. We are ALL with you.

• Like 10

5 hours ago, The Original OTIB said:

They can always use extra funds, maybe some would like to donate in memory of Theo: https://www.sands.org.uk/get-involved/donate-sands

My daughter lost a little girl during childbirth,2 years ago. I know the pain and heart ache that affected my daughter and the family and still does.

I ran the London Marathon for Sands and my daughter has done similar challenges too. They are a great help,but the pain will never go away. My thoughts are with Liam and his family. Such awful news.

• Like 12
  • Sad 5

As the previous post I've lost my first child and the loss is always with you, my family are thinking of Liam tonight, the club will I know give him all the time he needs to come to terms with his terrible loss.

Our thoughts are with Liam. RIP Theo.

I'm sure all the fans will now pull together behind Chris Hogg who will need our support.

• Like 5
  • Sad 2
  • Robin 2

I cannot imagine the pain the family must feel, my sincere condolences go all of them. We had an emergency with our 1st birth and even in that short time it seemed as though the world had stopped, never to start again. We have always felt fortunate to have emerged from those moments ok, with a healthy child.

My sympathies also to those on here who have experienced the same and for sharing that with us.

I was immensely impressed when I heard Dean Holden talk openly about losing their daughter.  He shared how meditation helped him cope with things.  I don't think you ever get over such a loss, but hope Liam can find something that will help him.   

2 hours ago, iamalagerdrinker said:

Ordered one of these - Thought it would be nice to see a few of us wearing them at games etc. 

https://shop.sands.org.uk/en/products/baby-loss-awareness-week/baby-loss-awareness-pin-badge

I think one of the OTIBers is involved with Sands.

@CyderInACan from memory.

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 1