IGNORED

Chris Hogg

Red Army 75

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

Done the press conference today, and thought he handled it brilliantly. Must of been so difficult, done himself, Liam and the club proud.

Handled it very well in my eyes , but who the hell was the 2nd bloke asking the questions absolute tool , ummm ahhh ohhh aaaaa how unprofessional totally making up as he went along ,

Edited by redkev
  • Like 1

I'm sure the support travelling to Boro will be hardcore, what with the distance and cost involved. I hope they really back the team 100% it feels like a time when everyone should come together and I hope Liam feels that togetherness as he goes through these awful times for him and his family.

14 minutes ago, redkev said:

Handled it very well in my eyes , but who the hell was the 2nd bloke asking the questions absolute tool , ummm ahhh ohhh aaaaa how unprofessional totally making up as he went along ,

Not listened, but past experience suggests that would be the young Bristol Post chap.

Blame Reach plc, rather than him,  as they clearly don't give a flying fig about covering us properly.

It wasn’t the young Bristol Post chap (Pepe Lacey) as he left last week. It was most likely Tristan Cork as the latest report is by him. Agreed - he was utterly shit.

On a lighter note regards Hogg, the little that he did talk about the season so far, he sounded like a North East version of Manning - coming out with the exact same phrases. They really are joined at the hip. 

Edited by GeoTheCiderHead

25 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

I'm sure the support travelling to Boro will be hardcore, what with the distance and cost involved. I hope they really back the team 100% it feels like a time when everyone should come together and I hope Liam feels that togetherness as he goes through these awful times for him and his family.

It will be the hardcore but you’d think the club would have done more to get supporters up there in light of what’s happened and the players needing our support more than ever. £45 for a season ticket holder to travel via CATS. Scandalous. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, GeoTheCiderHead said:

It will be the hardcore but you’d think the club would have done more to get supporters up there in light of what’s happened and the players needing our support more than ever. £45 for a season ticket holder to travel via CATS. Scandalous. 

Would be nice just for once for the club to do free travel , this game would have been ideal 

• Like 3
  • Robin 1

I normally put the pressers up and was in two minds as whether to do so with this weeks in view of what’s happened, so thanks OP.

What I would say is that any analysis of what’s been said today probably shouldn’t go too deep or be critiqued too much. There will be a time for that again, but it’s not today.

Outside of the obvious tragic events and questions around that the notes I had were that there was an acknowledgment we need to turn draws into wins, and that we need to score when on top which we haven’t been doing.

Team wise Sykes as we know suspended, Pring is an unusual injury and depends on his own healing - no mention on Roberts.

Most interesting piece was a small section on Conway where Hogg used the phrase “needed different strategies” after he left. Hogg is a Middlesbrough fan as are all his family.

More than anything else though, fair play for him for stepping up in difficult circumstances.

50 minutes ago, GeoTheCiderHead said:

It wasn’t the young Bristol Post chap (Pepe Lacey) as he left last week. It was most likely Tristan Cork as the latest report is by him. Agreed - he was utterly shit.

On a lighter note regards Hogg, the little that he did talk about the season so far, he sounded like a North East version of Manning - coming out with the exact same phrases. They really are joined at the hip. 

You could at least tag @Tristan Cork so he could see the feedback!

Respect to Chris Hogg for fronting this up & before anyone says it’s his job, he’s also a human being who is visibly struggling with his mates loss.  Time will be a healer for everyone but Saturday maybe a game too soon as a tough task just got harder. Fair play though Chris 👏👏👏

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I normally put the pressers up and was in two minds as whether to do so with this weeks in view of what’s happened, so thanks OP.

What I would say is that any analysis of what’s been said today probably shouldn’t go too deep or be critiqued too much. There will be a time for that again, but it’s not today.

Outside of the obvious tragic events and questions around that the notes I had were that there was an acknowledgment we need to turn draws into wins, and that we need to score when on top which we haven’t been doing.

Team wise Sykes as we know suspended, Pring is an unusual injury and depends on his own healing - no mention on Roberts.

Most interesting piece was a small section on Conway where Hogg used the phrase “needed different strategies” after he left. Hogg is a Middlesbrough fan as are all his family.

More than anything else though, fair play for him for stepping up in difficult circumstances.

You could at least tag @Tristan Cork so he could see the feedback!

Was it really TC?

He usually writes well, whether about City or general news, and I am surprised that his interview style (if it was him) was so shallow.

12 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Well done Hoggy, no critique required of today’s presser.

He really could have done without being asked the same Qs a second time around.

It felt like they were individual Facetime calls , do the "reporters" not hear what has gone on before ? 
I'm not sure how these are set up now. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

It felt like they were individual Facetime calls , do the "reporters" not hear what has gone on before ? 
I'm not sure how these are set up now. 

BBCRB were there f2f…could see Richard or Ed thrusting that BBCRB mic into position!  😉

• Like 1

Finally got around to listening to it & echo the comments that Hogg did the best he could here in horrible circumstances.

Laughable though that Radio Bristol still managed to get out the “blue half of Bristol” myth & the second questioner was just woeful, rambling & asking virtually the same questions as Radio Bris.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Finally got around to listening to it & echo the comments that Hogg did the best he could here in horrible circumstances.

Laughable though that Radio Bristol still managed to get out the “blue half of Bristol” myth & the second questioner was just woeful, rambling & asking virtually the same questions as Radio Bris.

I've decided that the 'blue half of Bristol' must be the part where they tell rude jokes.