IGNORED

Saturday Team changes ?

1960maaan

Didn't want to take the mcguane thread further off course so thought I'd start this.

Hogg and Manning are close , and seem to be of similar mind. Add that it is possibly just one or two games and I would suggest we will not see many changes , unless they had discussed it post Cardiff. 
If we have to use the same team , less Pring and Sykes obviously , then the only changes I see are LB and Sykes dropping off the bench. It has been discussed that McCrorie or Naismith could step into LB , but I see Araoye has been recalled . To fill the spot on the bench ? He did play left side for the U21s the other day but it would be a big jump to think he would start . 

My guess is As we started last game, with McCrorie at LB. Araoye comes onto the bench .
I would like to see Bird pushed wide left so Twine could take the 10 role instead of the other way around.  It just feels like we will go same old same old , must be incredibly difficult for Hogg and I would be amazed if he went far from what we have seen in the last couple of games.

Screenshot2024-10-17at11_31_34.png.d08dfcbea7e2f298c711c18997a25fcd.png

• Like 1

I'd anticipate a Cornick return to the bench in Sykes' absence (yellow card ban for those unaware).

Wouldn't be shocked to see him get on the pitch either, a 'here's your chance to force your way back in' cameo.

Expect McCrorie to continue out of position at LB in the absence of Pring & Roberts.

With Sykes suspended it is logical that Cornick is back on the bench.

Assuming Atkinson is fit enough he’s presumably the other one who comes into the squad, if not then Morrison or Murphy seem likeliest.

A question of whether Hirakawa, Mehmeti or Bird fill the 2 spots alongside Knight, Williams & Twine who all appear certain to start.

Presume Armstrong plays up top as opposed to Mayulu (not what I’d do).

Hogg isn't daft. This isn't the time to be making changes, so it'll be "as you were", the team that finished the last game, just keep doing what we've been trying to do, only better.

Here's hoping for better. We're going to need it and Conway must be short odds to score.

"You couldn't make it up".

Why Junior didn't incorporate this in his re-boot of our club's crest is anyone's guess.

We havent got an experienced pro in the squad like a Andy King or Matty James to help Boss Hogg out so I don't expect many changes.  I would take a point all day long but cant see us getting one if we stick to the same formation and tactics 

26 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Hogg isn't daft. This isn't the time to be making changes, so it'll be "as you were", the team that finished the last game, just keep doing what we've been trying to do, only better.

Here's hoping for better. We're going to need it and Conway must be short odds to score.

"You couldn't make it up".

Why Junior didn't incorporate this in his re-boot of our club's crest is anyone's guess.

I though TC was meant to be out semi long-term but sounds like you're right, he may well be back. Not good!

1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

I don't think we can go with 4 right footed defenders, 3 is bad enough and makes us lopsided, 4 is almost impossible and unless we are going to abandon playing out from the back for a few games. 

We can live in hope

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

just keep doing what we've been trying to do, only better.

So in other words, Manning's Plan B? 

It'll be a strange one for Hogg, as it give him a chance to showcase what he can do on his own if he doesn't plan on being an assistant for the rest of his career (he may well plan on that though for all I know). He can't be as naïve as Liam as to what the reaction of the fanbase in recent matches has been aimed at.  Therefore he may well try something bold.

The flip side is that he may not feel comfortable setting his good friends plan aside due to the potential perception that he doesn't agree with the way things have been done.

To be honest, he's on a hiding to nothing.