IGNORED

Senile Reds today

Always red

Just a bit of an update from the Senior/senile 🤭 Reds today

Steve Lansdown was the guest

Firstly. Sporting quarter appeal period has elapsed so its game on but some work they had completed previously needs revisiting. Spades in ground in about 12 months.

Steve L has confidence in current squad to achieve a higher position than last year and again mentioned top 6 or top 2. 

Nice moment of silence for Liams' youngster and plenty of flowers around Atyeo statue.

Steve L looking for investment but no rush. No names mentioned 

I sent in a question to be asked (but it wasn't) which related to underachieving on the pitch. There is a hell of a lot we can be proud of but to list our main achievements as the League one champions and JPT trophy double unfortunately gives our level. (Obviously it's Freight Rover/JPT several times and semis of league Cup as well) 

Has focus been too much on Infrastructure and financial stability to the detriment of the team? Steve L has been a tremendous benefactor and I thank him for that but I remember the 70's in the top league I'd love to get there again

20241017_145143.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 11

4 minutes ago, Always red said:

Steve L has confidence in current squad to achieve a higher position than last year and again mentioned top 6 or top 2.

Thanks for the update.

If SL mentioned this in the context of being able to achieve it this season, then I think he's either

1. Taking the pish

2. Has lost his critical thinking skills

3. Is in denial

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Thanks for the update.

If SL mentioned this in the context of being able to achieve it this season, then I think he's either

1. Taking the pish

2. Has lost his critical thinking skills

3. Is in denial

I’m not certain I wouldn’t be reading the lines a little!

I guess I would like @Always red to clarify a little exactly what was said, but I would have confidence this squad COULD do something this season. It’s not the players that’s holding us/them back, it’s the way we play. Change that “one way or another” and we could well go on a run. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Senile Reds indeed

Lansdown top of the list thinking we are capable of a top 2 finish. 

36 minutes ago, Selred said:

Deluded. 

Indeed. Although he didn’t say when! 

If he means this season then that’s Manning done for. 

1 hour ago, Superjack said:

1) 100% investment, hopefully.

2) The sooner, the better.

3) Because there aren't any.

Because nobody wants to buy the c**p honestly the blokes lost it if he thinks we are top 2. I can't see him going anywhere until this other project of his is finished then maybe someone will come in.Im not sure I will be happy with just investment I want him to totally sell up.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Street red said:

Because nobody wants to buy the c**p honestly the blokes lost it if he thinks we are top 2. I can't see him going anywhere until this other project of his is finished then maybe someone will come in.Im not sure I will be happy with just investment I want him to totally sell up.

investment might be more attractive in a way to some people who wouldnt want to bear the full burden of costs running a championship club,ie, losing 5m a year would be more inviting that stumping up 10. some welcome input into under achieving wouldnt go amiss, hopefully open SLs eyes to the fact hes got the wrong tossers running the club

• Like 2

Senile reds? Bit harsh. This group consists of some of the most loyal and enthusiastic supporters we have, both home and away.

I was unwell today and couldn't attend but would imagine the questions were diluted by the terrible news around the shock of Liam Mannings sons death.

I sent in 4 questions, all around BT and the style of play which I withdrew due to the above.  

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

investment might be more attractive in a way to some people who wouldnt want to bear the full burden of costs running a championship club,ie, losing 5m a year would be more inviting that stumping up 10. some welcome input into under achieving wouldnt go amiss, hopefully open SLs eyes to the fact hes got the wrong tossers running the club

If he put the right people with right experience into the club he wouldn't need to keep getting the club out the 💩 things would then work out but unfortunately whilst he's still here I can't see it happening anytime soon. It's all about infrastructure and look at what I've done. The internal works is just cheap and out of sight. Like with the new flashy lights it's all about look and why would you install something like that without upgrading the sound to go with it? Again you cant see it. The club's crying out for professional people to take it to the next level.

• Like 5
  • Flames 2

17 minutes ago, The Happy Farmer said:

We are very lucky to have him do you know of anyone else that would put in 10 million a year into our club 

Its his club and his managers/staff/ and his wonderboy Tinnion hes investing in it for himself no-one is forcing him to; all "his millions" has got us where exactly since he and Dawes sacked our double winning manager NO-WHERE All the rebuilds, pillars and manager choices have failed, he has taken us no-where and will continue to do so.

Bricks and mortar and sound investment is all he`s after, getting us to the prem would be a high risk for him and is not one he is going to take anytime soon.

So, more years will pass and more things built and no doubt sold on for profit just like our best players, season tickets will be sold on the promise of better things to come......they wont come, if they were going to and he wanted it to they would be here already; Lansdowns OUT.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Top 6 OR top 2. Well, which one is it? Hell of a stretch between 6th and 1st. 

It’s almost as if he’s said it off the cuff with absolutely no basis, or understanding of how it works to get there. 

Surely not. 

I don't think the coaching team will appreciate that expectation, eh

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Hang on, I was under the impression this was a private luncheon…

IMG_4155.jpeg

Fu king hell that manlet is utterly shameless.  

Anyways, did anyone ask why SL managed to parade himself over the pitch in one derby, but seemingly neglected ours the next day….

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 3

SL must be clueless on football matters if he thinks we could be anywhere near the playoffs.  He must realise that to be a top 6 team you need a 15 to 20 goal a season striker or a top 2 side you need two or three players getting into double figures. But he's not going to throw BT and the recruitment team under the bus for not bringing in a championship quality striker so he has to BS the people at the Seniors Lunch 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Street red said:

If he put the right people with right experience into the club he wouldn't need to keep getting the club out the 💩 things would then work out but unfortunately whilst he's still here I can't see it happening anytime soon. It's all about infrastructure and look at what I've done. The internal works is just cheap and out of sight. Like with the new flashy lights it's all about look and why would you install something like that without upgrading the sound to go with it? Again you cant see it. The club's crying out for professional people to take it to the next level.

You can’t knock Stevie boy for his investment,it’s his choice of people in the right positions in the club that’s the biggest issue 

• Like 6

Well November could be interesting then. If SL really believes we can make the top 6, I think he’s going to have a huge decision to make by the next international break.

Can’t see us picking up too many points from the next 6 games (3-5 my estimate), will he sack a bloke who’s going through what Liam is? It’s sounds pretty heartless but it may be the right decision. We’ll see. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, glynriley said:

Well November could be interesting then. If SL really believes we can make the top 6, I think he’s going to have a huge decision to make by the next international break.

Can’t see us picking up too many points from the next 6 games (3-5 my estimate), will he sack a bloke who’s going through what Liam is? It’s sounds pretty heartless but it may be the right decision. We’ll see. 

hes probably been told by his understudy and his dildo that we are sitting 3rd with a nice easy run of games coming up. hes obviously not that interested and we do know there are some that like bending the truth

1 minute ago, glynriley said:

You’re verging on the uncomfortable truth there. On a human level, all of us have total sympathy with Liam and family, but ultimately City is a business for SL. If it comes to it, he will separate the personal from the professional, however heartless that may seem at this moment in time.

Hopefully, it won’t come to that and we go on a fantastic run. But it has to be remembered that before Mondays tragic news the majority of posts on this forum were in favour of sacking Liam. That doesn’t or shouldn’t stop anyone feeling desparately sorry for him and family, but it highlights the reality of the situation we are probably still in professionally and, absent a turnaround (and in Steve’s view from that target quite a drastic one), illustrates a really uncomfortable decision that has been parked as opposed to forgotten.

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, redkev said:

You can’t knock Stevie boy for his investment,it’s his choice of people in the right positions in the club that’s the biggest issue 

You can't I fully understand that but it's the way he's gone about things.If he would of just focused on Bristol city and not his pipe dream on a Barca model then he would of had more investment to put into the club. His choices are his downfall unfortunately and he's doesn't seem to learn.

2 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

hes probably been told by his understudy and his dildo that we are sitting 3rd with a nice easy run of games coming up. hes obviously not that interested and we do know there are some that like bending the truth

Historians will know exactly where their ancestors went wrong, semi sentient AI dildos advising billionaire businessmen.  

No one ever questioned if we could have sentient dildos, the mistake we made is not asking the question if we should…

• Like 1

I note some of the comments above. Everyone should keep in mind Mr Manning has a contract and as such will be paid even if on gardening leave after a termination of his day to day of his responsibilities. 

I don’t know anyone who is not desperately sorry for Mr Manning but we can not roll the dice with a relegation battle and that applies to SL above all. 

Im hopeful that the temporary change in responsibility may change a few things. But then again i am always hopeful 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Anyways, did anyone ask why SL managed to parade himself over the pitch in one derby, but seemingly neglected ours the next day….

Or why he was able to attend a senior reds event, but not fly in the day before and speak to fans at the main event (had it gone ahead)? 

He still hasn't publicly addressed City fans since May 2023...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Street red said:

Well well certainly wormed his way in the there. This club honestly is utterly pathetic.

You know that by "at a dinner with SL" he means "attended the Senior Reds lunch where SL happened to be the guest speaker"?

The only pathetic one is him.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2
  • Flames 3

Going back to his comment regarding us being top 6 even top 2...someone has advised him that information, it's not a conclusion he's come to on his own imo.

So has BT and JL advised him, that these players are of that calibre, and that any manager that doesn't achieve those high positions with this squad, has under achieved?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Or why he was able to attend a senior reds event, but not fly in the day before and speak to fans at the main event (had it gone ahead)? 

He still hasn't publicly addressed City fans since May 2023...

Does seem really odd that he turned up for this but not the Cardiff game.

Mind you if he can come out with utter horseshit like expecting “top six, if not top two” and it then go totally unchallenged, perhaps not.

34 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

You know that by "at a dinner with SL" he means "attended the Senior Reds lunch where SL happened to be the guest speaker"?

The only pathetic one is him.

Oh I see the way he wrote it I thought Stevie boy invited him personally sorry I got him all wrong 😂

• Haha 2

Genuinely concerned at our owner’s comments if they are legit. How can any rationale person come to that conclusion on the evidence seen so far?

Is our owner’s interest now that low that he relies completely on the rubbish that Brian & Jon no doubt tell him?

There’s a strong possibility that our league position will look precarious in 5 or 6 games time so it will be interesting to see the owner’s reaction if that is the case & the real situation dawns on him.

Edited by Cardy
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Fu king hell that manlet is utterly shameless.  

He’s like some sort of Walter Mitty character, a senior reds lunch turns into “dinner with SL”…!! what an a hole. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, The Happy Farmer said:

No answers to my question just look at some of the other owners 

Another “ be careful what you wish for “  type. Just accept mediocrity shall we. We’re just about treading water & when you do that you start going backwards. I hope you come back on here praising sir Steve when we’re back in league one . Him saying he thinks the squad is good enough for top 6 or top 2 is one of two things. Delusion or outright lies. His time was up a while ago , but some will not accept change could be a good thing . 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

3 hours ago, The Happy Farmer said:

We are very lucky to have him do you know of anyone else that would put in 10 million a year into our club 

Breaking news: man has to fund maintenance of thing himself, that he bought himself.

More as we get it. 

• Like 9
  • Haha 5
  • Flames 2

2 hours ago, The Happy Farmer said:

No answers to my question just look at some of the other owners 

As you’ve come back for a second time, how about you try telling us how many other owners have pissed more money down the crapper than SL?

Don’t forget, this may have started out being his money, but it wasn’t a gift, as it’s now showing in the Club’s accounts as debt!

• Like 4

Read most of the comments. I think the questions to SL might have been more 'pointed' if we hadn't had the spectre of Liam Mannings tragic loss hanging over the event. To the poster who questioned my Senile Reds title it is a chuckle not an insult! I am a firm supporter of SL in many respects but I think the balance between financial stability, fantastic club infrastructure and team performance is somewhat out of kilter. My OP is a precis of what happened from my recollection (after a lunchtime beer and everyone knows what that can do to your brain!) and is couched in general terms. I am a purveyor of information to people who might be interested on this forum and don't think the lunch is a closed shop and therefore is open to public debate? 🤫

• Like 2