IGNORED

Middlesborough away match thread

Jerseybean

22 minutes ago, Super said:

That's for you Liam. The boys did you proud.

Well said

22 minutes ago, Jackson Lamb said:

Well done Hogg & City

That win is for Liam and family.

Well said 

21 minutes ago, cotswoldred2 said:

******* AWESOME!!!

We should’ve played it at Awesome Park.

• Like 3

I'm starting to wonder if this is going to be another 'win one, lose two' games or if we're starting to gel. We had a lot of new squad members pre season and now they may be starting to click and play for each other. 

Don't get me wrong, if we got hammered at Stoke next I'll be chirping for Manning to go but I'm praying that sometime soon we might turn into the top 6 side that the owners think we are.

13 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

My only niggle is that Armstrong dropped too deep at times , when he did stay forward he scared them to death and they had to keep cover. I didn't mind us defending deep but we needed that outlet. 

Shame McGuane didn't get more than 8 minutes , that Sub could have been done earlier. 

Yeah agree. He could have really hurt them with his speed and strength. 

Summary, great result and commitment in the circumstances of a shitty week across football.

Nice touch at the end too:

IMG_1872.thumb.png.077b8cf09d2ad22b5d6ce98ec1c74d78.png

It unlikely to be normality for Liam, his family and friends, but football does bring some normality.  Gary Owers saying he feels a bit selfish about wanting football today, but that’s the two sides of this.

As City fans tonight we should be really happy, but also have / continue to have thoughts for Liam etc.

Safe journey to all fans who travelled up there today, certainly came across on RTV.

Up the Reds.

• Like 9

Just now, Davefevs said:

Summary, great result and commitment in the circumstances of a shitty week across football.

It unlikely to be normality for Liam, his family and friends, but football does bring some normality.  Gary Owers saying he feels a bit selfish about wanting football today, but that’s the two sides of this.

As City fans tonight we should be really happy, but also have / continue to have thoughts for Liam etc.

Safe journey to all fans who travelled up there today, certainly came across on RTV.

Up the Reds.

Yes definitely possible to do both things. We encounter these different aspects of life many times in our lives, sadness with happiness. 

• Like 1

• Admin
2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Up the Reds.

I liked that Kal (I think) seemed to stay in front making sure it was displayed properly until it was fully unfurled before taking his position in the line-up.

• Like 1

As much as they had the ball, I never felt in much danger unless something fell for them.

They play the same way we do at home except they are a bit further ahead than us with how quick they play it.

A lot of fluff but no punch. Carrick and Manning similar in their beliefs and won't change much. 

Armstrong off the bench was great and utilised him well when we could. 

Happy for Mehmeti and especially Yu. Technique on that finish, perfect.

We play better when counter attacking at pace but we won't get given many opportunities like that. Boro always play that way and get found out often.

Deserved the win, clinical when the opportunity presented. More of that please.

1 minute ago, pillred said:

How gutted must he be feeling tonight? oh well never mind.

Should ask that a few more times I reckon.

• Haha 4

26 minutes ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

I’ve got something in my eye 

image.thumb.png.f6118ee8d71b11d74fbe9cbbf9cc92d1.png

That's beautiful.

I was so impressed by the grit, work rate, determination, desire and commitment today. The boys did themselves proud.

Winning isn't really that important, but it felt good anyway.

Thoughts are still with the Manning family and any family that has gone through the same tragedy.

• Like 8

41 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

What did it say?

Fly High Theo.

You could see Hogg was visibly emotional.

He admitted on RB afterwards he had to take a few minutes afterwards before speaking to the players.

Puts everything into perspective that it is only a game, but when it goes well it can mean so much and make a big difference at the right time.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Slack Bladder said:

**** me, I'm at a wedding and have not been able to keep up with the game

Just snook out for a crafty piss and checked my phone, didn’t expect to see us winning.

C'mon you Reds!!!

Textbook ‘Slack Bladder’ story

• Flames 1

43 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Up the Reds.

I’m happy, not just because we won but that the players were as one and wanted to do it for their manager and his family to show their support. 

I hope this is the catalyst for the squad to go on and continue to put that little extra 10% into games and have a season that would be a fitting tribute to Theo and his short life but make LM’s time at City one with happy memories 

• Like 6

46 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

The Pontus Jansson game? We came back from two down in injury time?

Ha yes... Pontus Jansson, the team got at him and ably assisted by a very noisy Gate he lost it.😆

McAteers confrontation with the Doc in front of the Dolman, ably assisted by the crowd again had the same effect!

Mcateer...you're a w×××××... etc

He didn't come out second half. Totally lost it. 😂

• Like 1

Just got back home from the match (life long city fans now living up north) thought we were good today worked hard all over the pitch, took a couple of good chances... Defending was really good from all the team... Third time I managed to watch us at the matches this season and a great result 😃 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, keflav said:

Just got back home from the match (life long city fans now living up north) thought we were good today worked hard all over the pitch, took a couple of good chances... Defending was really good from all the team... Third time I managed to watch us at the matches this season and a great result 😃 

👍 I didn't get chance to watch today. How did Earthy do when he came on? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MC RISK77 said:

Can only remember a 2-2 draw at home with them early days back in the championship- think Agard and Flint scored 

Told this story many a time, but was in Leeds for work and long story short, watched this at the Billy Bar (they did a beamback)

Knew I had to keep my head down, at 2-0 didn't think I had any worries. 2 late goals if I recall to get a draw, and I still don;t know how I contained myself and survived that night 🤣

• Like 2

Just back at the hotel after the game. One very proud City fan tonight!

One of the stewards said that the banner had been made by their club so not sure if that is right but they were class in the way they responded to the minute's tribute.

Sung loud and proud' Liam Manning's Cider Army'.

Edited by stortfordred
  • Like 3

From the Boro forum; Boro vs Bristol City 0-2 - Page 29 - Boro Forum - oneBoro Forum : Middlesbrough FC Forum

Teams with worse squads than us are doing a lot better, when do we accept that he don't have the players to play this way?

We clearly do because we are the better team in almost every game we play and we are 6 points off the top so are these teams really doing ‘a lot’ better? 

As I said I get the anger and frustration, I’m not saying it’s unjustified but I do think a lot of it is knee jerk and based off the result creating assumptions rather than what’s actually happened. 

We need to make improvements but you could say it’s a positive that the improvements are limited in number and very obvious. 

45 minutes ago, 1team said:

Unpopular thing to say, but if we were 3.0 at half time, no one could've complained. 

So ******* what. That is never how football works anyway.

I couldn’t give a toss.

Also a bit of a weird thing to say seeing as we were 2 up.

Ignoring our goals then.

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Robin 1