IGNORED

Middlesborough away match thread

Jerseybean

Fantastic away performance. Another clean sheet and only 3 goals conceded in 5 games (since our 2 awful 3-0 defeats). Several brilliant individual performances, Including Yu, Knight, Vyner!

So happy and proud for the boys. Hopefully it has given Manning something to smile about at a dark time. 

Enjoy lads - coyr

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Great effort today by everyone at BCFC, the staff, players and fans all come out of that with huge credit.

I’m delighted by a 2-0 win away and even more so given the circumstances and the chances Boro created.

Well done one and all.

Traveling fans were simply brilliant.

And even SL was there, so RB said.

Needed that win , must say after looking quite bright Boro didn't impress too much. 

69% possession only got them 2 shots on target , they made us look clinical .

Some good performances , I though Knight was excellent and that one block from Vyner was awesome. Rode our luck but the difference was taking those 2 chances. 

• Admin
1 minute ago, 1960maaan said:

Needed that win , must say after looking quite bright Boro didn't impress too much. 

69% possession only got them 2 shots on target , they made us look clinical .

Some good performances , I though Knight was excellent and that one block from Vyner was awesome. Rode our luck but the difference was taking those 2 chances. 

There was shades of “mothering the goal” in the GJ era with our defending today. Love it!

3 minutes ago, Ian M said:

There was shades of “mothering the goal” in the GJ era with our defending today. Love it!

My only niggle is that Armstrong dropped too deep at times , when he did stay forward he scared them to death and they had to keep cover. I didn't mind us defending deep but we needed that outlet. 

Shame McGuane didn't get more than 8 minutes , that Sub could have been done earlier. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PortInTheMorning said:

"I would drop Mehmeti and Yu because our wingers aren't giving us enough"

Shut up Ian Gay :laugh:

Because the wingers are the problem and not the system /s

Less possession we win.

Our main outlet in those games? - the wingers.

I've said it before, but the man never understood why we played the way we did under NP. Yet seems to think he knows how to play possession when we don't have the players capable of playing it.

This is why. Don't think. Act - Transition - Score.

You don't force the players to think, you focus the system on getting it down the other end of the pitch as fast as possible, catching opposition out of position, and eliminate decision making.

Sadly Ian Gray is too smart to understand such a concept.

Such as needing, ya know, width.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Flames 1

8 minutes ago, Ian M said:

Yeah. I was more concerned in the second half when our few attacks broke down and Boro could counter-counter attack. But second half performance was mainly great defending. Well done everybody.

It is quite funny that we can go numerous seasons, go through various managers, all sorts of different players and yet it seems to remain a constant, play against teams like Middlesbrough who dominate possession and we’re a decent team, then in the games against more reactive teams where we have the majority of possession we almost always struggle.

• Like 3