IGNORED

Matt Smiths baby son has died

View from the Dolman

Heartbreaking news, Matt you were part of our great promotion winning squad and City fans will never forget how you helped us achieve our goal. No words can express how sad we feel for you and your family, and Steve Bruce , who has had so much tragedy in the last few years(parents). RIP Madison.

• Like 2

Why do BBC have to mention Steve Bruce in headline - or at all - and not Matt.  Total disrespect  Yes i know he's a relation but the introduction focuses on the wrong person and the tragedy.

5th paragraph down they finaly bother to even mention Matt's name or that he's the father. Feels like an after thought.

Feels totally wrong. Hate the media in this country. Shame on you BBC.

Condolances to Matt.

Screenshot_20241019_004527_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by Loco Rojo
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

A terrible, awful, heartbreaking week!

Sadly, highlighted by higher profile individuals that have made it more news worthy - but tragedies that happen to so many people all the time.

So sad - thoughts & condolences to Steve Bruce, Matt Smith & families, along with anyone we'll probably never hear about who suffers such terrible loss ❤️

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Loco Rojo said:

Why do BBC have to mention Steve Bruce in headline - or at all - and not Matt.  Total disrespect  Yes i know he's a relation but the introduction focuses on the wrong person and the tragedy.

5th paragraph down they finaly bother to even mention Matt's name or that he's the father. Feels like an after thought.

Condolances to Matt.

Personally think they've been writing a portion of their articles with AI recently as some of their work has been completely tone deaf. Or standards are just really slipping the past couple of years.

10 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

Another tragic story emerging tonight... RIP Madison. 

Desperately tragic compounded with the passing of Theo.

Been a pretty awful week all around.

7 hours ago, Loco Rojo said:

Condolances to Matt.

The above was lifted straight from the BBC’s Blackpool page, so its focus is their manager.  It makes sense.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c625yexwj8po

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

The above was lifted straight from the BBC’s Blackpool page, so its focus is their manager.  It makes sense.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c625yexwj8po

Yes.

He’s mentioned because he’s the grandfather of this poor lad & this is the explanation as to why he won’t be involved in today’s game.

Really not the time or place to get exercised about any failings to do with the BBC.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Yes.

He’s mentioned because he’s the grandfather of this poor lad & this is the explanation as to why he won’t be involved in today’s game.

Really not the time or place to get exercised about any failings to do with the BBC.

Yes for both and the rest of the family a tragic time.

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Yes.

I disagree but we're all entitled to have different opinions.

19 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

I've rewritten this post about a dozen times. I don't know what to say other than I'm so sorry and I hope that everyone gets support. An awful week for all of these people.

I can't find the words either so I hope you don't mind me latching onto your post and echoing that I feel the same.

Life is very fragile sometimes and grief doesn't ever fully leave you, especially when it involves a child. 

• Like 1