IGNORED

FBC Podcast: BORO [A] the verdict ...... rode our luck at times but a thoroughly deserved 3 points.

headhunter

Join us for a live Podcast recording at 6 PM with later upload to Spotify etc.

You can see why Boro have the division's worst shot conversation rate with 2 on target out of 20 today but for me this was City best performance over the whole 90 minutes so far this season.

In a difficult week for all associated with the club due to Liam's tragic loss it is a credit to all the players that they put in the effort and got the result they deserved. Extra credit must go to Chris Hogg who rose to the occasion and, on today, showed we need not worry about how long Liam needs away from the pressures of Championship football.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, The turtle said:

Thanks for inviting me on! I enjoyed myself a lot (once I got over the initial nerves.) The hour flew by.

After the comments I normally get about my accent. To be called a proper Bristolian in the chat. A highlight of the non football week. 😀

Thought you were really good mate. Made some well thought and balanced observations which made for a better discussion rather than just descending into a rant. Hope you get on there again soon.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, The turtle said:

Thanks for inviting me on! I enjoyed myself a lot (once I got over the initial nerves.) The hour flew by.

After the comments I normally get about my accent. To be called a proper Bristolian in the chat. A highlight of the non football week. 😀

Thought you were great Dave for the 35 mins I listened before I had to nip out.  Very well balanced and considered comments, excellent observations too. All nicely articulated.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Thought you were great Dave for the 35 mins I listened before I had to nip out.  Very well balanced and considered comments, excellent observations too. All nicely articulated.

The five minutes I listened to I thought the chap was good too. 

I had to switch off very early due to the nah nah nah nah nah getting right on my tits! 

City did very well today. They really battled. The fact that Boro had so much possession helped as we weren’t waiting to inevitably lose possession or get dispossessed, so it was nice to see us do it to someone else. 

The Yu really put a shift in as all of them did. Knight was key in both of our goals so shout out to him. 

All in all a very hard working performance and two well taken goals. A little more of that and a little less lateral and backward passing and the players and coaching staff won’t get booed. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The turtle said:

I enjoyed your input, I thought you talked a lot of sense. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The turtle said:

👏 👏 👏 looking forward to your next appearance @The turtle.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The turtle said:

A good addition to the pod, nice to have some balance too 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, headhunter said:

From whom, about what?

Listen back from 2:30 runs of forms over 18 games, people booing when they are not playing well, not going anywhere without a plan b, Just for starters

Our play has been poor for extended periods “this season” and has lead to a couple of right hammerings.

We had to go back and stop the giving away of goals. Two clean sheets recently so some progress made there.

People boo to express their dissatisfaction you should listen to Owers on the subject, good payers and coaches go out in future games to change those boos to cheers. That’s football and motivation, do you think Middlesbrough won’t be planning to put that right this week. 

The plan b under Manning has been lacking it’s all there to see and the awful restarts are a feature 

Yesterday there were two or three major things that were changed,

1the squad had a determination not to concede Vyner block of the season 

2they scored goals without neither Mayulu Twine or Armstrong being on the field

3 they came out second half looking determined

4They had a plan b in the second half get men behind the ball and restrict space down the wings

All of this was done by Hogg not Mr Manning. For the first time since Millwall we saw determination not to lose

for the record fans will boo dire games and dire football and being as the professional players are all over the age of seven then it’s a fact of life! We had two from our feeder teams sat on the bench, but apparently our pathway is wide open again. Not a function of the usual injury crisis that was mentioned  

Adding in games from a dead season to make some point about progress is a bit rich. Dead rubbers are exactly that  

Yesterday we had a very definite plan b which we had not seen before allow them to keep the ball and try and hurt us. The complete opposite of our usual way and we started it straight after ht. Maybe we were playing a bit more Hoggy Ball than he’s been given credit for. Looking forward to Tuesday.

Edited by REDOXO
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, maxjak said:

Another very good podcast..............it's great that you get out there so fresh n' early, always ahead of 3 peaps and OSIB...........who get round to it Eventually?

@petehinton, and others, inc myself, decided in the week that with the week’s events we wouldn’t do one for this game.  We were trying to be grown-up and sensitive to the situation.

But Pete has a “cider with” instead.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, The turtle said:

Great debut! Expecting 3 Peaps to table an offer in the near future. @headhunter - make sure you get a decent sell on in case he eventually garners interest from OSIB. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

@petehinton, and others, inc myself, decided in the week that with the week’s events we wouldn’t do one for this game.  We were trying to be grown-up and sensitive to the situation.

Thanks for the update...........my post was not intended as a criticism, just an observation.

17 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I hope you are not suggesting that we weren't by doing one? 🤔

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, headhunter said:

I hope you are not suggesting that we weren't by doing one? 🤔

Yeah, totally insensitive…you insensitive old bugger! 😂😂😂

No, just that we would’ve been doing ours Monday night (only time we could get diary to work), and we felt we “moment” would’ve passed by then and another game the next night.  Pete had his Macca interview yesterday, so we went with that.