IGNORED

Bring on Leeds Saturday

sticks 1969

Great that we won 2-0 today, but that game doesn't really allay my fears about our away performances. We still look incredibly open and shaky in the transition.

At home though, we ain't been quite so bad so I'm hopeful we can get a result if Leeds don't play to their potential, but if they do it could be a cricket score unfortunately.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sticks 1969 said:

After today this should add a few more to the gate

my mate always comes down and normally i congratulate him on the 3 points before a ball is even kicked 

let’s buck the trend next Saturday 

There appear to be less than 250 home seats available per ticket site, although it's possible that sone tickets haven't been released for sale.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

We're well overdue a result against this lot.

I expect the M'boro fans said something similar . 
Law of averages says we will win one at some stage , but if they keep being better than us it could take a while.
They are a better side , but if we have a day like today, who knows.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Yep - I’m struggling to remember the last time we beat Leeds at AG. I’m sure someone on here can remind me.

I didn't realise how bad our record against them was . 6 defeats on the spin and 8 out of the last 10.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

I didn't realise how bad our record against them was . 6 defeats on the spin and 8 out of the last 10.

I do remember under Cotterill and then LJ losing 0-2 to ‘dirty’ Leeds at AG. One defeat was an evening match and City were so dreadful and I was so frustrated that I almost went around the concourse from the Dolman to give LJ both barrels.

• Facepalm 2

As others have said, we need to concentrate on Stoke first. Looking at the table there’s no reason why we can’t come back from Stoke with 3 points if we stick together like we did yesterday. We can worry about Leeds after that.

4 points from the two games would be a great outcome for us.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

I do remember under Cotterill and then LJ losing 0-2 to ‘dirty’ Leeds at AG. One defeat was an evening match and City were so dreadful and I was so frustrated that I almost went around the concourse from the Dolman to give LJ both barrels.

Under Cotterill we drew 2-2 with Leeds on a Tuesday night at the start of the 15/16 season with a last minute equaliser. It was also a night match the following season when we beat them 1-0. Lost 3-0 at home on a Saturday the following season, presumably that’s what you’re thinking of?

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

There appear to be less than 250 home seats available per ticket site, although it's possible that sone tickets haven't been released for sale.

No , looks like all areas were released and none withheld so should be a sell out ! A point away in midweek would set it up nicely ! Three would be amazing but I’d take a point ! 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Under Cotterill we drew 2-2 with Leeds on a Tuesday night at the start of the 15/16 season with a last minute equaliser. It was also a night match the following season when we beat them 1-0. Lost 3-0 at home on a Saturday the following season, presumably that’s what you’re thinking of?

It’s very difficult to remember PH. I do remember tho LJ saying after we’d lost at AG to Leeds (under Bielsa I think) that “ we need to be as good as them” ………:cool2:

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It’s very difficult to remember PH. I do remember tho LJ saying after we’d lost at AG to Leeds (under Bielsa I think) that “ we need to be as good as them” ………:cool2:

That’ll be either 18/19 (1-0 Sat) or 19/20 then.

19/20 was the first game of the season and they outclassed us. Think it was on Sky as well. They ended up getting promoted but we then went unbeaten for a couple of months.

• Like 1

On 20/10/2024 at 10:31, Baldyman said:

No , looks like all areas were released and none withheld so should be a sell out ! A point away in midweek would set it up nicely ! Three would be amazing but I’d take a point ! 

150 left on ticket site 

On 20/10/2024 at 07:47, Robbored said:

We lost 3-0 at Home vs them in October 2017 under LJ, 1-0 in March 2019 and 3-1 in August 2019.

In the last of those they were just very good and they proved it by winning the title, but those were Saturday, Saturday and Sunday..2017-18, 2018-19 and 2019-20.

The one midweek Home Game under him v Leeds we won 1-0 and was quite an enjoyable game, September 2016.

• Thanks 1

I vowed after last defeat at home to Leeds that I would never go to watch us play them ever again.

Apart from the fact that we pretty much always lose is not the main reason.

I can't stand their boring drone of a song that goes on constantly. Not quite as bad as Irene but almost. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

We lost 3-0 at Home vs them in October 2017 under LJ, 1-0 in March 2019 and 3-1 in August 2019.

In the last of those they were just very good and they proved it by winning the title, but those were Saturday, Saturday and Sunday..2017-18, 2018-19 and 2019-20.

The one midweek Home Game under him v Leeds we won 1-0 and was quite an enjoyable game, September 2016.

Thanks for looking it up Mr Pop - I couldn’t be arsed - it’s no surprise that my memory isn’t as sharpe as it once was.

On 20/10/2024 at 10:19, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

That 2-2 draw was the game that nearly got postponed 90 minutes before kick off as the staffing levels, stewards and turnstile staff was below permitted levels. The turnstiles still weren't open until an hour before kick off until some strings were pulled.

Edited by A Horse With No Name
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Admin
22 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

That 2-2 draw was the game that nearly got postponed 90 minutes before kick off as the staffing levels, stewards and turnstile staff was below permitted levels. The turnstiles still weren't open until an hour before kick off until some strings were pulled.

The night I got a lift back to Weston after the game and heard both goals walking to the car 🤦

On 19/10/2024 at 17:42, sticks 1969 said:

After today this should add a few more to the gate

my mate always comes down and normally i congratulate him on the 3 points before a ball is even kicked 

let’s buck the trend next Saturday 

Leeds will destroy us.

• Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

5 minutes ago, Phantom said:

We'll see by 14:20 on Saturday, nothing is won from history 

I love this club but leeds is light years ahead of us im afraid, last few games against them it's been men against  boys, I'd love to be wrong of course  but I don't see history changing on Saturday just being realistic.

Edited by BCFC31

1 hour ago, Topper 123 said:

Still make that over 26000 👍

Dunno, remember that.

Ground nominally holds 27k but..

1) The Atyeo actual capacity is 4.2kish but we can only sell 3.4k, Leeds indeed got 3k- the Away end is sold out I assume?

2) They sometimes release bits of the Upper Lansdown in batches.

Should surpass 24k, perhaps 25k but 26k Idk.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Dunno, remember that.

Ground nominally holds 27k but..

1) The Atyeo actual capacity is 4.2kish but we can only sell 3.4k, Leeds indeed got 3k- the Away end is sold out I assume?

2) They sometimes release bits of the Upper Lansdown in batches.

Should surpass 24k, perhaps 25k but 26k Idk.

Yeh just read Leeds only have 3k so maybe 25000

On 20/10/2024 at 10:47, Robbored said:

You seem to know more about LJ than you do about BCFC.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I remember the most about the crap managers RLL. Pulis, Osman, GJ and LJ to name just four. I could go on……….:cool2:

Add Danny Wilson to your crap list, lazy - couldn't be arsed to sort out the drinking culture, couldn't be arsed to move from Chesterfield, couldn't be arsed to get the team up for the play off final, took his summer holidays every year during the important pre season leaving Frank Barlow to run everything, and on matchdays leaned against the dugout with his hands in pockets showing no emotion and looking uninterested with the air of a man resigned to the fact that the 3.15 bus was not going to turn up again. One of the few things SL did right was to fire him after the Millennium no show. 😃

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Flames 1

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

I remember the most about the crap managers RLL. Pulis, Osman, GJ and LJ to name just four. I could go on……….:cool2:

That'll be Russell Osman who got an outstanding FA Cup win against Liverpool at Anfield
That'll be Gary Johnson who got us within 90 minutes of the Premier League
That'll be Lee Johnson who unbelievably defeated Man Utd and went toe to toe with Man City

I'll give you Pulis, whilst not forgetting your man DW won the LDV trophy against Carlisle

4 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

That'll be Russell Osman who got an outstanding FA Cup win against Liverpool at Anfield
That'll be Gary Johnson who got us within 90 minutes of the Premier League
That'll be Lee Johnson who unbelievably defeated Man Utd and went toe to toe with Man City

I'll give you Pulis, whilst not forgetting your man DW won the LDV trophy against Carlisle

I'm afraid an Anfield win doesn't stop Osman from being an awful manager, his football was the worst in my 55 years at AG and that's saying something