IGNORED

McCrorie

The Masked Man

I’m terrible for picking out players from a match, I find it hard to pick out individual performances without a rewatch, but I feel like all our back 4 did very well today and when Naismith joined them he slotted in seamlessly. I feel like I said a lot of ‘YES KAL’s late in the game as he was winning headers and challenges. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

My lad said today LM looks better and better the more he plays. And ZV was imperious today. As for Ross, given he was up against a serious winger today playing on the wrong side, all credit to him. 

Second half he (RM) started showing him inside and although onto Doak’s stronger left foot, it meant he was driving him into traffic and tightening the angle for crosses.  First half, although exposed, I thought he got done far too easily, far too often.  But he’s playing out of position and just coming back, so he gets some slack.

• Like 2

Probably my MOTM too. Given that Doak was probably their best player, I thought that he handled him well. Difficult to play against the tricky players when most challenges end up as a free kick these days.

A great out ball from goal kicks and clearances too. Just needs a better understanding with the players around him so his headers end up with someone.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Second half he (RM) started showing him inside and although onto Doak’s stronger left foot, it meant he was driving him into traffic and tightening the angle for crosses.  First half, although exposed, I thought he got done far too easily, far too often.  But he’s playing out of position and just coming back, so he gets some slack.

Yup not perfect, just good enough

Just travelling back after another successful trip to the Riverside.

So pleased to pick up 3 points. It was definitely a good all around team performance. Defensively we were solid, although we rode our luck early on when Boro wasted at least three good chances. Doak was a big danger on the right flank, but McRorie stood up well to the task. Delighted to see Yu finish. And Mehmeti was a real threat. 

As the game went on we certainly looked more solid, with Naismith slotting into what was effectively a back 5, and Boro ran out of ideas.

Sinclair did well as a sub, operating alone and was far more effective than Wells who cannot play that role.  I was slightly puzzled to see Wells start but huge credit all round to the club in such a terrible week for Liam and everyone who follows City. 

Edited by Corsham Alf
  • Like 5

Certainly deserves a pat on the back, having to play out of position is far from ideal but he certainly did not shirk the challenge and it was for sure a tough one. Seem to remember him saying he felt his most natural position is as a center back, will be fascinating to see how his career evolves with us.

15 hours ago, The chief said:

He has presence on the pitch . We’ve bemoaned a lack of leaders recently but RM seems to be one that always gives his all and doesn’t shirk a challenge. Adds a lot to the team. Wonder what his longer term position is given tanner is such a solid RB?  

How versatile is Tanner in playing other positions ?