IGNORED

George Earthy will he start as No10...

DT The Optimist

Worth a thread in his own right... few comments on the match day thread...re GE

We signed him in August just before Twine, and with his signing most of us thought that was the end of the Twine deal or saga....goes to show what fans know... here is our No 10...🤔

He gets a bad knock by Palmer start of season  and is then out for a few weeks.  He has come to us from WHU to play games, not sit on the bench... Twine is out for a period and hearing this I for one thought fair enough, now time for GE to shine..

No .. still left on the bench. Stoke Tuesday  is now an ideal time to start him in his natural position ??  Any thoughts....WHU season ticket holder I know says what a quality young player he is and is perplexed about his lack pitch time, injury taken into consideration...  Perhaps we might hear something in the media and some journo can ask Chris Hogg his thoughts on this ! 

• Flames 1

The other thing about Earthy, can he be perhaps a better fit to slot along and back into the midfield than Twine.

By which I mean..

*4-2-3-1 starting shape

Shapes in different phases..

*Earthy behijd striker with two lines of 4..

*4-4-1-1

Without the ball expressly

*4-5-1

Perhaps more positive and vs bottom half sides.

*4-3-3

Twine for all his attributes doesn't seem quite that Profile of Player- but is Earthy?

On 20/10/2024 at 16:34, Alessandro said:

Sorry if written elsewhere but what about the certain midfielder who was pushed up into the 10 role that made both of our goals yesterday with his press?

I don’t mind Knight in that position when we are away from home and against the cosh. At home I’d like a more forward thinking player with a bit of quality. ( That said his composure for the first was very impressive, he is just frustrating at times when he gets in forward positions. I realise that is not his role though)

• Like 1

I thought that Ben Doak, an 18 year old loanee from the prem was the best player on the field at Middlesbrough.. it can be done, so why not get on the front foot and give GE a midweek start against Stoke?  He’s been brought here for times and situations like this.
We also have a big game at home to Leeds on Saturday to consider where we’ll definitely need Joe Williams on the pitch. Last thing we need is JW picking up a fifth yellow against Stoke, it’s not worth the risk. So again I’d play GE as the #10 and drop JK back alongside Max Bird, or even consider starting McGuane for this game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Can see West Ham recalling him in Jan (assuming there is a recall clause) unless we start starting him, especially with Twine our injured. 

Pretty sure there isn't a recall option, we've got him until the end of the season unless both clubs decide otherwise

On 20/10/2024 at 15:26, Davefevs said:

Still too early for me to pass judgement, but he looks to have a good football brain on him.

As mentioned I know people who know him and also I probably have more WHU friends than City fans so know a lot about him. Big feeling I am getting is they feel he is good enough for them and are shocked/disappointed injury aside that he isn’t featuring more. A big sell from us was PL aspirations (this season, we have sold a promotion dream from what I hear, in line with SL comments last week around top six/two) and understand they do want him to be getting minutes. Something will have to give albeit there is no recall.