IGNORED

A Cider With: JAMIE MCALLISTER

petehinton

The return of OSIB’s Cider With series.

Jamie & I spoke this afternoon, discussing his career, time as assistant, not wanting to leave City as a player, walking elephants in India, Diedhiou falling his day one fitness test, and the Dean Holden summer debacle. 

Released for you all later tonight. 

Edited by petehinton
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1

• The title was changed to A Cider With: JAMIE MCALLISTER
20 hours ago, petehinton said:

The return of OSIB’s Cider With series.

Jamie & I spoke this afternoon, discussing his career, time as assistant, not wanting to leave City as a player, walking elephants in India, Diedhiou falling his day one fitness test, and the Dean Holden summer debacle. 

Released for you all later tonight. 

Cool! Looking forward to it!

• Robin 1

Enjoyed it.

Got a lot of time for him, good player who like many of GJ’s playoff team made the absolute most of his talent.

Within sensible constraints he was surprisingly open about a few things.

His comment about illness prior to the Hull game was interesting, understandably after so many years you don’t always get all the facts right, but I took from it Brian Wilson was also not well enough to be involved that day.

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

46 minutes ago, Fjmcity said:

Fair play for doing these, always a good listen and to have insight behind closed doors during a snapshot in time. I’m assuming it’s no, but do guests ever ask for a fee/is one offered?

Nope, all are largely very happy to come on and want to chat. 

Closest I’ve ever had, from memory, was David Cotterill who pointed me toward a mental health chat that he was doing over lockdown which I think was a charged event. Before he outed himself as a ******* lunatic!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Flames 1

41 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Closest I’ve ever had, from memory, was David Cotterill who pointed me toward a mental health chat that he was doing over lockdown which I think was a charged event. Before he outed himself as a ******* lunatic!

Yeah well you're just bitter cus you're WOKE NOT AWAKE!

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Enjoyed it.

Got a lot of time for him, good player who like many of GJ’s playoff team made the absolute most of his talent.

Within sensible constraints he was surprisingly open about a few 

MCAllister was bang average and not a patch on some of the classy LBs we’d seen at City. I never rated him defensively and not a full back that I remember with any enthusiasm.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 8

20 minutes ago, Robbored said:

MCAllister was bang average and not a patch on some of the classy LBs we’d seen at City. I never rated him defensively and not a full back that I remember with any enthusiasm.

Great contribution as ever :cool2:

What did you think of the podcast as you've made your way onto this topic? I thought it was a great listen.

• Hmmm 1

37 minutes ago, !james said:

Great contribution as ever :cool2:

What did you think of the podcast as you've made your way onto this topic? I thought it was a great listen.

I couldn’t be arsed to listen to a very average full back with a virtually non existent playing CV.  What’s a former player that I never rated got say that might interest me?………:dunno:

• Haha 2

Sorry Pete, I'm halfway through and really enjoying it but the sound was a bit dodgy when Jamie was talking about the Argyle game. Who was it who threw a tape at Gary?

Edit, forgot to say, I'm really enjoying it. 

Edited by Midlands Robin

23 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I couldn’t be arsed to listen to a very average full back with a virtually non existent playing CV.  What’s a former player that I never rated got say that might interest me?………:dunno:

Does not matter if you’re trolling or serious. This post makes you look silly 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I couldn’t be arsed to listen to a very average full back with a virtually non existent playing CV.

If you think promotions, cups and international caps is a virtually non existent playing CV you need to check in with your dealer because that may have been a bad batch of Crack he sold you.

Seriously though, you come on to a thread to moan about a player who you've no interest in hearing from. How odd.

20 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

Sorry Pete, I'm halfway through and really enjoying it but the sound was a bit dodgy when Jamie was talking about the Argyle game. Who was it who threw a tape at Gary?

Edit, forgot to say, I'm really enjoying it. 

Thank you kind sir!

From memory, he said Sproule did 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

If you think promotions, cups and international caps is a virtually non existent playing CV you need to check in with your dealer because that may have been a bad batch of Crack he sold you.

Seriously though, you come on to a thread to moan about a player who you've no interest in hearing from. How odd.

I’m not moaning about McAllister MR - I just never ever rated him as a decent left back. Nowhere near the class of Brennan, Bailey or Scott.

38 minutes ago, Fjmcity said:

Does not matter if you’re trolling or serious. This post makes you look silly 

Interesting in my time how much time we’ve spent in 3rd tier, and this bloke (Macca) played predominantly in 2nd Tier, having been part of a promotion from 3rd tier and playoff at 2nd tier…yet not rated.

I think he wrongly gets missed off the list of top Left Backs for City (in my time - 78 onwards).  Very few wingers got the better of him, solid as a rock, and unfussy on the ball but still good with it.

For me if I want a solid LB it’s him or Martin Scott.  If I want flair it’s a different conversation.

Martin Scott still my fave though, but Macca is part of the conversation.

=====

I suspect the troll is wearing blinkers on any player from GJ era.

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Was he in the room with you and GJ? 

Time to get over it now. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Just goes to show what a great job GJ did with such a bang average left back in the team!

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 2

8 hours ago, Midlands Robin said:

Cheers. Heard him say GJ had a pop at Sproule and then Sproule had a little pop back then it went a bit fuzzy and someone threw a tape.

Think it was "Now that's what I call Music 28".

About 1/2 way thru, a great listen.  A mates lad played in the same kids team as Reuben & he said Jamie was a top bloke.

• Like 1
  • Robin 1